**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Energy Cost Too High .....Long Overdue Upgrade.

Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
I just played through the the 1st part of Chapter 1 of the summer monthly quest and it costed me an entire supply of energy along with TWO small energy refills just to do 2 runs.

I am a level 60 Summoner which means thats over 77 energy. This game is over 5 years old and I definitely remember being able to at least get 2 runs of the earlier chapters done with a full pool of energy.

Small energy refills are next to useless now. You either get 7 energy to move if lucky 3 slots or you refill to max with the large......why is there no in between 50% refill? It shouldnt be that hard to add a permanent item to the game. If your not going to make a new item make the small energy refill more relevant, maybe 20 energy or something.

You have updated the game to with longer paths, more fights with paths requiring more energy use but not updated the resources to keep up to current meta. How about an update for energy cost?

It might be time to increase the level cap past 60......anyone playing this game beyond 3 years has well surpassed that.

Thanks

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    The energy is consistent with every other EQ in the past however many years. The pacing is fine and small energy’s are on par with lvl2 HP. Good for new players but dime-a-dozen for everyone else.
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★
    Just being honest but this month is kinda a bad time to bring up energy concerns. The side quest is 0 energy and it was 0 energy last month. Summer of pain is 0 energy.

Of course I'm always down for more energy but I don't exactly have any need for it being I have all the story content explored. Once I wrap up completion on the lower eqs I'm probably just gonna use extra energy to farm revives for sop.
  • Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    edited July 2021

Just being honest but this month is kinda a bad time to bring up energy concerns. The side quest is 0 energy and it was 0 energy last month. Summer of pain is 0 energy.

Of course I'm always down for more energy but I don't exactly have any need for it being I have all the story content explored. Once I wrap up completion on the lower eqs I'm probably just gonna use extra energy to farm revives for sop.

If the new trend is to remain 0 energy cost for side quests........Im cool with that. If thats just a temporary thing Im not. In the past energy has beem required for both side quests and monthly....if it goes back to that.....this will be an issue
    edited July 2021

The energy is consistent with every other EQ in the past however many years. The pacing is fine and small energy’s are on par with lvl2 HP. Good for new players but dime-a-dozen for everyone else.

If a quest is 3 energy a node......you cac only move twice. If that quest has a lot of empty nodes ....it matters a great deal. HP potions have 4 or 5 tiers, revives have more than 3 tiers why shouldnt energy have at least 3 tiers?
    Will3808 said:

You realize that if they increase the energy cap they’ll just increase the amount of tiles per path in new content, right? It will effectively do absolutely nothing.

Yeah u know what ur right, BUT it will also mean more mastery points as well.....
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I believe they should bring the Cost down to 20 Units for those with the Sigil.

Though a minor change it’ll help a lot. And they could either remove the -1 Minute for an energy that young we with the Sigil or they could just add to it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

I just played through the the 1st part of Chapter 1 of the summer monthly quest and it costed me an entire supply of energy along with TWO small energy refills just to do 2 runs.

I am a level 60 Summoner which means thats over 77 energy. This game is over 5 years old and I definitely remember being able to at least get 2 runs of the earlier chapters done with a full pool of energy.

Small energy refills are next to useless now. You either get 7 energy to move if lucky 3 slots or you refill to max with the large......why is there no in between 50% refill? It shouldnt be that hard to add a permanent item to the game. If your not going to make a new item make the small energy refill more relevant, maybe 20 energy or something.

You have updated the game to with longer paths, more fights with paths requiring more energy use but not updated the resources to keep up to current meta. How about an update for energy cost?

It might be time to increase the level cap past 60......anyone playing this game beyond 3 years has well surpassed that.

Thanks

The energy requirements are roughly the same month to month. Some being a little more, some being a little less. Cav EQ has been 2/2/3 for it's entire existence. So has UC. In Cav difficulty it's what 6 or 7 fights per lane. So I don't know where you're getting they've added fights because that hasn't happened. You have a month to do the quest, if energy is a concern, manage it wisely but it's not an issue at all.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Kabam has mentioned that they want us to be able to clear a path on any quest with a single full energy, so it’s likely that paths are capped at 69 energy (ie 13 tiles).

I believe that when designing the side quest and deciding whether it should be 0 or 1 energy per tile, it takes into consideration the total energy requirement of the EQ.

From experience, EQs that feel shorter tend to have SQs that require energy, and vice versa.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Also, to add to that, you get 1 energy refill every 3 days from alliance 3 day events. That’s another 700 energy monthly given for free.
  • JaballyJabally Posts: 61
    I think maybe energy should decrease as you progress in game levels (cav and tb) for the lower level quest like uncollected difficulty or something