**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner event

There's been so much controversy over this event that I feel like it's worth a post. I get why there's a premium pass, and why they include a milestone jump bonus. It's always been money = rewards/less time investment.

I understand why they have put a fight requirement instead of just a logging in requirement. Honestly with how many people have created alts for gifting, now that everyone has caught on to it, the mass free units for just logging simply cannot exist for game balance.

The issue I struggle to understand is why isn't there any grace period for the event. It's 98 days long and it's over the time period where it's a very common tradition to travel in the US(during summer). This is over 1/4th of the year to be committed to 10 fights a day outside of the already commitment to alliance based stuff like aq that does not count for the event.

I truly do not feel it should be asking too much to be alleviated of some of the pressure from this event with a little bit of a grace period. Life happens you know?

Comments

• dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★

There's been so much controversy over this event that I feel like it's worth a post. I get why there's a premium pass, and why they include a milestone jump bonus. It's always been money = rewards/less time investment.

I understand why they have put a fight requirement instead of just a logging in requirement. Honestly with how many people have created alts for gifting, now that everyone has caught on to it, the mass free units for just logging simply cannot exist for game balance.

The issue I struggle to understand is why isn't there any grace period for the event. It's 98 days long and it's over the time period where it's a very common tradition to travel in the US(during summer). This is over 1/4th of the year to be committed to 10 fights a day outside of the already commitment to alliance based stuff like aq that does not count for the event.

I truly do not feel it should be asking too much to be alleviated of some of the pressure from this event with a little bit of a grace period. Life happens you know?

I agree with you about the Grace days, and that this event needed them; but it is extremely easy to get 10 fights in the game: it's a matter of 10 minutes. What I do is that I do the current side quest going on, and when I complete it, the milestone is also done, because the SQ has 10 fights itself.
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★

I agree with you about the Grace days, and that this event needed them; but it is extremely easy to get 10 fights in the game: it's a matter of 10 minutes. What I do is that I do the current side quest going on, and when I complete it, the milestone is also done, because the SQ has 10 fights itself.
    I'm not disagreeing with that at all. The time investment needed for it is very minimal. That's not the issue at all imo. It's just the lack of leeway. Lots can go wrong over the course of 98 days. Maybe one gets sick. Short hospitalization. Traveling with a dead spot in cellular data. Maybe your device breaks and you can't get a new one for 24+ hours. The list goes on and on.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. The time investment needed for it is very minimal. That's not the issue at all imo. It's just the lack of leeway. Lots can go wrong over the course of 98 days. Maybe one gets sick. Short hospitalization. Traveling with a dead spot in cellular data. Maybe your device breaks and you can't get a new one for 24+ hours. The list goes on and on.
    This is the biggest reason why there should have been grace days. No one is going to intentionally miss days, but you're getting screwed if the circumstances are out of your control.
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 322 ★★
    Swen said:

This is a very poorly put together event. It’s free stuff so In the end complaining too much is silly but the event sucks bad. Vs last years calendar the f2p version is basically identical so 1 year later far less valuable. As a spending event the value is there but for me, I am not investing in the long term in a game that can’t run well so I held off. Add to that it is overly confusing, pays out terrible meaningless rewards for basically the first quarter of it, and is not exciting and or interesting in any way.

In the end, if I choose to log in I get some free stuff. If I choose to pay I get twice as much. My choice either way to do one, both, neither.

Rewards do suck for a while but then you take a look at the final reward. 500 units. Idk about you but me personally 500 units is a huge deal. Then you realize you litteraly cannot miss one day or you lose that 500 units. I get it, it's technically "free" rewards but it's not so free considering the commitment you need to make for 98 days.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

Swen said:

This is a very poorly put together event. It’s free stuff so In the end complaining too much is silly but the event sucks bad. Vs last years calendar the f2p version is basically identical so 1 year later far less valuable. As a spending event the value is there but for me, I am not investing in the long term in a game that can’t run well so I held off. Add to that it is overly confusing, pays out terrible meaningless rewards for basically the first quarter of it, and is not exciting and or interesting in any way.

In the end, if I choose to log in I get some free stuff. If I choose to pay I get twice as much. My choice either way to do one, both, neither.

Rewards do suck for a while but then you take a look at the final reward. 500 units. Idk about you but me personally 500 units is a huge deal. Then you realize you litteraly cannot miss one day or you lose that 500 units. I get it, it's technically "free" rewards but it's not so free considering the commitment you need to make for 98 days.
    So many people have already missed out on it since they decided to change how objective notifs work without telling anything prior to changing it.
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Idk if people missed it or what but doesn't this essentially gives us a few Grace Days?

• SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

Idk if people missed it or what but doesn't this essentially gives us a few Grace Days?

Yeah, you need to pay for that. So if you're ftp and you made a mistake, you lose out on 500 units and the 5 star awakening gem.
  • Digg_y69Digg_y69 Posts: 3
    TRUE
  • Blah_99292Blah_99292 Posts: 6
    It is annoying how easy it is to miss them yeah. Is it a bug that you don't get notified when you've done the 10 fights?
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Is it really a bug or intentional design?
  • PapdichaatPapdichaat Posts: 86
    Anyone know if kabam have responded in the slightest to any threads related to this event?
    About the leeway and about people who have lives, go camping, go on holiday,etc that miss out on the top rewards because they couldn’t get onto the game for a few days.

Seems to me like they are kind of screwing with those people who go on holiday during the summer 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
  • CaptaingcCaptaingc Posts: 24
    I already have multiple people in my alliance who have forgotten to claim the sunglasses during the 24hr period because of the lack of notification even though we are all very active. By the end of this event I feel like this will most likely be almost the entire alliance because it's going on for 98 days.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    The BIGGEST issue of this event is -
    1- unnecessary complication
    2- no notification of completing a FUN in the SUN objective/ or claiming the sunglasses for the 10 fights.
    If you don't claim those sun glasses manually, you are automatically screwed and and the next one won't start on time.
    Why the heck such a complex game cannot have automatic objective completion registration for the player profile for special events like these ?
    The root of this idea was good but the execution so horrible.
    The one thing that has to happen now is I think automatically give all summoners some grace days cos a lot of people did not understand this needlessly complicated event and lost a bunch of days.
    Also put in a big notification saying you can claim the sunglasses now after objective has been completed in the MIDDLE of the screen.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

Is it really a bug or intentional design?

Probably a bug. When they added the extra tab to the solo challenges screen they just forgot or messed up the notification for it. It's exactly the kind of sloppy work and lack of testing we've come to expect.