**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Event: Badly Designed

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike please, you and your team, watch this short video by Brian Grant:

https://youtu.be/GvOrD5gVglU

It’s very, very hard not to agree with it. Forgetting to click this well hidden button is simply too easy, and you only need to miss it once to lose the final milestone.

This event design was not good, and you know it. Please make it right for the players.

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Hey Miike,
    What are your thoughts on this? Asking as you are also one of us players playing the game daily and 500 units would mean something to you too I guess.

Would also like to hear something From Kabam John, as in past he was involved in the players, guiding though incursions and other game modes. This Summoner event is a game mode too..
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    It's not great, but it's still better than jubilee's arcade
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    So I don’t agree that this event is terrible but I do agree that there should be some grace days or some other way that you don’t lose out on a bunch by missing one day. Especially since people didn’t realize this going in and have already missed out.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Rather than lack of ability, it reeks more of r/a!!!!!edesign.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    Luckily I've got a larger phone, so it isn't hidden for me.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

DrZola said:

I’m not in total agreement with BG, but it is a convoluted design that seems to put the player on the spot at nearly every turn.

This type of multi-step design—do this to get that, to open this and then claim something else that allows you to eventually acquire the thing you really want—has been a common theme for some of the past year’s events. I don’t think most players I know enjoy it.

But I think another layer is the difficulty the game is having right now generally. If mechanics are running fine, some of this can be overlooked. Since they aren’t, I feel like it simply tilts opinion further against a clunky event design.

Dr. Zola

Least they could do was to make the notification work .. i knew exactly how the event works and been active last 5 days and I have missed one .. now i m paranoid about checking the objectives tab every time i open the game and that is really making me re think why i play this anxiety inducing game
    I nearly did that yesterday. So yes—I would call that poor design.

Dr. Zola
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Porthos
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Lyra

Please make this right for the players. This event was NEEDLESSLY confusing - I even bought the resort plus and I STILL don’t quite understand it. This doesn’t feel like summoner appreciation.
    This feels like a way to punish summoners for not being able to find the hidden sunglasses everyday. The fact that it DOESN’T tell you that you to claim the Sunglasses with a notification like ANY OTHER claimed item in the game… it’s inefficient and frustrating fro the player base. I am sickened… there’s a reason why players flirt with quitting this game all the time.. and this is it.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    So what's the current point total we should have now if we haven't missed a day. Think I somehow missed one, but I don't recall it.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Luckily I've got a larger phone, so it isn't hidden for me.

Not that kind of hidden bruh lmao.

This event is unnecessarily complicated (the core of it is pretty simple; complete objectives->get solo event rewards) but all the added "facade" (the monetisation system, the notification system, etc.) makes it unnecessarily complex. The write-up makes it even worse.

Complications aside, the whole grace day and buying the pass for grace days intentions are really harsh and will frustrate many players. Not a great event.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Thanks. Indeed missed a day. Sucks but some units and a 16th 5* AG don't mean that much to me. I feel for the UC and Cav players who could use it more for sure.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    MSRDLD said:

The icon doesn’t even give you a red notification number like other objectives do. It just dully flashes making it easy to ignore.

Very poor design.

Yup, thats whats pisses me off the most. I dont go into my solo objective if i dont see a red icon. So i missed a day because of that dumb design.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Will3808 said:

So I don’t agree that this event is terrible but I do agree that there should be some grace days or some other way that you don’t lose out on a bunch by missing one day. Especially since people didn’t realize this going in and have already missed out.

Thing is, i didnt even really miss 1 day. I play every day for a lot more than 10 fight but i miss the claim becuase there was no notification showing in my objective.