What's going on with map 8?

thehamtheham Posts: 186 ★★
Kabam's done an amazing job on the quality of life changes for AQ. The shorter timers, more energy, and no links.

Are we going to see these changes continue into map 8 too?

Is Corvus cheese being removed?

What kind of nodes, bosses, and globals are we looking at?

It's only 2-3 months away and there's not much discussion about it.

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 2,002 ★★★★
    theham said:

Asking players, not Kabam lol.

What u asked is more pointed to what only kabam can answer than the player base
  • DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 2,393 ★★★★
    I'm sure they won't revert them too much, but expect it not to be the best at the start. If we look at map 7 launch vs now. Timers may go back up to an hour for a while, then in time it'll likely go down - we'll likely see map 6 become free, or slash the price and basically cascade like that.

I wouldn't expect miracles, and they'll likely try and combat the corvus time out, but if they do, then they need to make it doable without.
  • Ebony_NawEbony_Naw Posts: 2,554 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I would like them to go back to their philosophy of 2015-16.

Map 5 was the everest of the competition and it was tough with the champs that we had (as tough as current top map). However, there was one thing, it allowed people to have a life outside the game. You didn't need to apply for a holiday with your alliance and still stay at the top of the competition.

Enter map 6 and then map 7 where every single member of the 30 people alliance is needed to be on every single day. Something changed in philosophy. They have reversed some of it by removing the linked node. But still making a map with 10 paths means that no body is allowed to even have an emergency or you fail 29 other people.

Heaven forbid someone should be allowed to go on vacation and put the game down. I've left my alliance for 2 weeks every summer so I don't have to think about AQ and deal with the pressures of logging in while away with family. I play plenty during other times, but it simply is not worth what it would cost me in the quality of my life during that time.

I would love to see a maximum of 9 required to finish any map, but ideally 8. Not because I need help on my map, but because people should be allowed to have a life outside the game, and Map 7 does not always make that easy.