**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry Issue and a probable suggestion

When this parry issue is causing so much problem for everyone, why not remove this concept of parry altogether AND ALSO reduce defender ratings in that proportion so that players do not have to depend on this parry anymore?
Similarly, over the period of time, slowly phase out Dexterity as well, Lesser these concepts of parry and dex, easier it is for the game to maintain and support

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    While that might reduce the number of interaction issues, I fear it’s on a scale equivalent to the restructuring of suicide masteries that preceded v12.0.

And that was a big deal.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Lolololololololololololooooool No

I think that’s all that needs to be said
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Make a game where you get hit 5 times and hit back 5 times. Solved!
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,475 ★★★★
    Aritra said:

When this parry issue is causing so much problem for everyone,

Certainly not everyone
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    This would not end well for both the game and the community.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You can remove the masteries if you want
  • Options
    Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    I think people have become so dependant on parry that would cause more problems than it would solve. I can play without using parrys if ABSOLUTLEY nessecary and it would certainly cause me more of a headache. There will be a lot of lower level players that would turn them away from the game i feel even if its just temporary.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Dumbest thing I’ve read all day, so if somethings broken, instead of fixing it, we shatter it to pieces?
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    Nice joke man
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Aritra said:

When this parry issue is causing so much problem for everyone, why not remove this concept of parry altogether AND ALSO reduce defender ratings in that proportion so that players do not have to depend on this parry anymore?
    Similarly, over the period of time, slowly phase out Dexterity as well, Lesser these concepts of parry and dex, easier it is for the game to maintain and support

If Kabam remove parry function, it is not just reduce the rating but they have to rework over a lot of champs as many of them count on parry-heavy. It is not as simple task as you may think.

Also, the parry issue is likely caused by changing screen flip rate after they introduce a new graphic engine. I don’t know if they will stop introducing and revert back to previous engine or find a resolution on the new engine, but it seems the issue can’t be fixed shortly.
  • Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    No
    My work is done here
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Yes, remove parry, dex, then also the ability to dash in and out.

What you'll be left with is an exact Marvel copy of Injustice (DC game for those who dunno).

This post makes me shout "NO!" on so many levels...

I still don't take op seriously tho. This cant be serious :smile:
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Aritra said:

Sounds like someone is still salty after being parried by the bot in AW