**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

America Chavez, Dimensional being?

Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
Hey i keep looking over her kit and description and i cant figure out why she isnt tagged as a #DimensionalBeing. Do you have any ideas? All thoughts welcome except the "because she isnt designed to be" because DUH!

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Shes not really in a dimension like limbo or darkdimension or hell shes from a utopia so something completely different to a dimensional being

the description literally states she was born in an alternate dimension (the comics kinda explain it different but I’m going off of the game here)
    Yeah guess u can interpret in anyway really and maybe kabam went off by comics for her tags etc
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Because tags are decided with Marvels approval. They have the final say. Kabam just implements them.

This was stated by Miike a long time ago. You can choose to believe that or not but that's the reasoning we've been given in the past for certain tags.

I didn't knew this. So whenever kabam releases champ their tags need to be approved from Marvel??
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Because tags are decided with Marvels approval. They have the final say. Kabam just implements them.

This was stated by Miike a long time ago. You can choose to believe that or not but that's the reasoning we've been given in the past for certain tags.

I didn't knew this. So whenever kabam releases champ their tags need to be approved from Marvel??
    From what I understand yeah. At least when it comes to Marvel created characters they have have use Tags that are approved by Marvel. With their own original characters I'd assume they have more freedom over what they choose.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    ^
    ItsDamien said:

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

It's a weird tag anyways. Hell, I'm a dimensional being. Mostly 1-dimensional, but still dimensional.

The tag should really be #BuffBlade

Really?

What did you do with your other two dimensions?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    Aw kinda bad but is what it is did hope that this wasnt a mistake but at least she works with the purgatory synergy to give her bleed immunity at least
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Plot twist, this is just a silent Blade buff

Some people have stuck with him, but I fear his popularity has fallen off.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    I mean either they don’t work with Marvel as much anymore or she was bugged but her not having a dimensional being tag and going through “friend at marvel” doesn’t seem totally true. I’m guessing some random higher up spends 10 seconds reading and then gives the go ahead

I mean either they don’t work with Marvel as much anymore or she was bugged but her not having a dimensional being tag and going through “friend at marvel” doesn’t seem totally true. I’m guessing some random higher up spends 10 seconds reading and then gives the go ahead

It's exactly why I said in my first post that people can "choose to believe that or not". All I did was relay information that was previously given to us.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Ah, well thanks for the info my friend
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

^

ItsDamien said:

There's a difference between someone who should have the tag, and people who want certain tags on champs. All I did was relay information that we've been given in the past. Kindly don't aim your **** at me.
    That isn’t the information we’ve been given in the past.

That doesn’t say what you said.

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

^

ItsDamien said:

There's a difference between someone who should have the tag, and people who want certain tags on champs. All I did was relay information that we've been given in the past. Kindly don't aim your **** at me.

Although they may have a final say on the tag, it’s also very plausible (and I would not be surprised) if Kabam chose to OMIT the dimensional being tag on some champions.
    Siliyo said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

^

ItsDamien said:

Although they may have a final say on the tag, it’s also very plausible (and I would not be surprised) if Kabam chose to OMIT the dimensional being tag on some champions.
    Definitely plausible. That's why in my first post I stated that people can "choose to believe or not".
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,738 ★★★★★

it's right there.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Typhoon said:

some people can never admit they're wrong. smh.

ikr Damien and Herald just going to dig in and pretend Marvel is micro managing and lording over every tag in spite of evidence to the contrary.
    Actually, Marvel has editorial control over the content in the game, no different than if the devs were writing a comic book for Marvel. Everything Kabam creates in this game that uses or is a part of the Marvel IP is either work for hire or contractually transferred to Marvel, and as far as I am aware everything gets sent to Marvel for editorial approval. And MCOC is not an outlier: Marvel is very consistent and very controlling of its IP. I'm pretty sure this dates back to the 90s when Marvel was forced to aggressively license off their IP for bargain basement prices to stave off bankruptcy. They now guard their IP the way a 1930s Depression-era survivor guards nickels.

There are some game features that I would never have guessed were Marvel editorial decisions that turned out to be Marvel directives. Marvel exercises sufficient fine editorial control over the game that I would not bet a lot of money that the color of the buttons in the game didn't come from a Marvel approved color palette.
  • As we've already mentioned, she should have the tag and the team is working on getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we are going to be closing down this thread as it has become a bit argumentative and gone off the rails.
This discussion has been closed.