**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Anticipation is Killing Me! Rank-Up Advice

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So, I went for a 7.2 Legends run and put up what I think is a pretty good time (Overall time was about 8 hours and 40 minutes, going from when I first entered a fight to when I fought my last fight). I figure that I have a pretty decent chance of making the cutoff this time and I have everything I need to awaken and r3 Weapon X (got the Generic from July 4th for him since I don't plan on doing another Legends run unless I don't make this one) but I'm getting tired of waiting for the results and I don't want to keep holding onto this mutant t5cc (I've had it for like three months at this point). Should I say screw it and rank up a mutant to r3 or just keep holding it?
My mutants that I want to r3 at some point in the near future are:
Cable (sig40)
Sunspot (sig20, but I have a 5/65 sig101)
Storm PX (Unawakened)
Omega Red (Unawakened, but I could feed him my generic)
Rogue (Unawakened)
Magneto (Unawakened, but I have a 5/65 sig61)
Stryfe (Unawakened)
AA (Unawakened, but I could feed him my generic)

It's also worth noting that my account has unnatural luck for pulling Mutant and Mystic t5cc (I've pulled those two classes more than all other classes combined), so I can likely form another Mutant t5cc soon or just select one from SoP, though it may be hard for to get the 15 t4cc I need again.

Any advice is appreciated.
Also, for synergies purposes, I also have a 5/65 sig200 Apoc and pretty much every synergy champ you can think of as either a five or six star, so it's safe to assume I have access to whatever synergy any particular champ needs.
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Mastery preference?
    I personally used a generic on AA and ranked him up recently. Depends how much you like him. 🙂
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Mastery preference?
    I personally used a generic on AA and ranked him up recently. Depends how much you like him. 🙂

I have Suicides unlocked, but don't normally run them. Though I do have a lot of ranked up champs that work well with suicides.
    I forgot to say that I also have 5/65 sig113 AA.
    Ebony_Naw said:

What a great dilemma to have lol. I think I'd probably just feed the AG and t5cc to AA, but I'm not really in your shoes lol.

Rooting for you to get legends though!

Thanks! I'm leaning towards AA too, but I'm torn between him and Cable because if I don't get this Legends title, I'll need to rank up Cable for my next attempt--I'm gonna rank him up anyways, but he wouldn't be my first choice for my next rank up.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’d probably go for aa

Also yeah the suspense of the results is definitely killing me, I’m pretty certain I’ve made top 100 (6 hours 10 minutes from entry to finish counting time spent boosted) but hopeful for top 5 again
    Lvernon15 said:

I’d probably go for aa

Also yeah the suspense of the results is definitely killing me, I’m pretty certain I’ve made top 100 (6 hours 10 minutes from entry to finish counting time spent boosted) but hopeful for top 5 again

Oh damn, that's an impressive time. Kinda a gut-punch to my hopes for my time though lol
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    That's tough pal....

In my humble opinion, the only champ there worth a 6* generic is AA.

I'm drawing that conclusion cause I view 6* generics as one of the top three rarest items in the game right now (next to t6b and t3a). Our alliance isn't top tier, so we don't care about prestige, so that factors in for me as well.

For perspective on my dilemma, I have an unawakened 6*r3 Fury, that I won't use my generic on cause I also have a 5/65/200 Fury.

As for who to use the t5 mutant cat on, my first suggestion would be to hold it and wait for the legend results. You've held it this long already.

If you absolutely have to use it though, I'd say Magneto hands down. So useful for so many things that others aren't (i.e. a max sig OR w/ suicides is great against anything besides robots, but so are tons of other champs). The only champ close to Magneto's ability to shut down a robot is Medusa, but Magento shuts down all metals.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Even if i had a WPX i would do AA. Plus, I dont think WPX needs his sig right?
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    I wouldn't hold onto t5cc. over time they'll depreciate in value anyway so may as well enjoy the use since you have lots of champs that will benefit from it.

I'd personally awaken AA and R3, or else if you want to save the awakening gem then I'd definitely go for Mags (no need to awaken)
    Hm, seems like it’s between Cable and awakening AA.
    I think I’ll wait another week to see if the titles come out and if they aren’t out then, rank up Cable. I’m saving for the next featured so I’ll hold off on awakening AA in case he’s in the new pool

Even if i had a WPX i would do AA. Plus, I dont think WPX needs his sig right?

He doesn’t but I’m a sucker for silver stars
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

I’m saving for the next featured so I’ll hold off on awakening AA in case he’s in the new pool

Hahahhahhahahahhaha funny
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,537 ★★★★★
    I’d go AA all day and R3 him.

I’m saving for the next featured so I’ll hold off on awakening AA in case he’s in the new pool

Hahahhahhahahahhaha funny
    Was he in the last featured and I missed it?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Mags and AA are such overkill at r3. They are so OP at 5r5.
    But who am I to speak on this matter lol, I myself got an unduped mags at r3 and waiting to r3 AA, upgraded mags for gauntlet tho, holding on to mutant t5c for the AA dupe. Lol
    All the best for the results.

Mags and AA are such overkill at r3. They are so OP at 5r5.
    But who am I to speak on this matter lol, I myself got an unduped mags at r3 and waiting to r3 AA, upgraded mags for gauntlet tho, holding on to mutant t5c for the AA dupe. Lol
    All the best for the results.

Yeah I’m hesitant to rank up my six star Mags because I already have the 5/65 and I don’t think the 6r3 will do anything and better than the 5/65. Plus he’s not awakened.
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 553 ★★★
    I bring my r2 cable along every time I use my r3 apoc. Thinking cable will be my next mutant r3 just because of the volume of use he gets.

Nothing wrong with taking him up now, and if you score WeaponFlex grab the t5cc from SOP.
    Xguard77 said:

I bring my r2 cable along every time I use my r3 apoc. Thinking cable will be my next mutant r3 just because of the volume of use he gets.

Nothing wrong with taking him up now, and if you score WeaponFlex grab the t5cc from SOP.

Good point. I really like Cable with Apoc, great for general questing