**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summ(on)er Event

Comments

• demboyz16demboyz16 Posts: 36
    Why offer this bundle when in retrospect the same thing is being offered for 1 gold to "alleviate stress"? Will those that paid for the pass or plus be refunded?
  • Mr_Surfer1Mr_Surfer1 Posts: 30
    edited July 2021
    DRTO said:

This event is dumb, there was nothing wrong with the summoner appreciation calendar. Having to pay for grace days is just really stupid. This is just too much effort for something that worked perfectly fine as a calendar. Please don't bring this back next year.

F2P's have to pay 1x gold to get 7 grace days. 1 gold. I really don't understand how this is that bad.
  • Mcghee3Mcghee3 Posts: 93
    Right so what about us that bought the +package those who didn't buy still get the same rewards ?
    Mcghee3 said:

Right so what about us that bought the +package those who didn't buy still get the same rewards ?

There are problems with this solution but people who got the pass+ are getting double the grace days plus the shards from when they complete the event early. If it truly feels like the pass+ is worthless maybe there should be some changes made to it.
  • Swank777Swank777 Posts: 64
    This whole event seems like a massive disrespecful way for Kabam to be supposedly celebrating this milestone with us. I really love this game and Kabam I'm not trying to start a problem. I really wish they could see how bad this came off to the community and just do better. I want to celebrate 10 years with you someday but this is how you drive people away if your not careful.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think the event is a little monotonous but the rewards are good.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    They need to provide pass plus holder the ability to refund or better compensation for this being such a mess I think, since it has become so deceiving now. This is going to upset many people. Especially people that don't typically spend and did for this event.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

They need to provide pass plus holder the ability to refund or better compensation for this being such a mess I think, since it has become so deceiving now. This is going to upset many people. Especially people that don't typically spend and did for this event.

You can. They've already said you can send a ticket and they'll sort it out for you.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    No_oneuk said:

You can. They've already said you can send a ticket and they'll sort it out for you.
    OK THx
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Did people really buy the pass specifically to get "grace days"?? Like that was ACTUALLY the reason you bought it, rather than it just being a little perk that came along with the reasons you really bought it...?

I bought it because I am crazy impatient and I wanted to get my stuff early. And now I get to have my stuff even earlier than that for no cost. WINNING!

Grace days...? Meh... It's not that hard to take 10 fights every day.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Wubbie075 said:

Did people really buy the pass specifically to get "grace days"?? Like that was ACTUALLY the reason you bought it, rather than it just being a little perk that came along with the reasons you really bought it...?

I bought it because I am crazy impatient and I wanted to get my stuff early. And now I get to have my stuff even earlier than that for no cost. WINNING!

Grace days...? Meh... It's not that hard to take 10 fights every day.

Its not hard to take 10 fights and claim the rewards, but seems people can't do that and now the people who PAID for the benefit are the ones receiving the least benefit of it.

FREE PLAYERS WHO DIDNT MISS A DAY: this are the people with the most benefit, 1G = 700 shards

FREE PLAYERS WHO MISS A DAY: second best benefits, 7 - X(ammount of days missed) multiplied by 100 shards

RESORT PACKAGE PLAYERS: 14.99 FOR 2X Milestones and for 1G 700 extra shards at the expense of having to do the extra objectivee

RESORT PLUE PACKAGE: 19.99 2x Milestones, + 1g for a 14 day grace period?! Who da heck needs 14 days.. and yeah ok... We get 700 extra shards... Its the first time people PAID TO WORK FOR 700 EXTRA SHARDS. This is literally paying to do an extra 10 fights a day to get 100 shards for 7 days.. this is ridiculous
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Ok so I bought the plus package. Got the first 7 days and have not missed a day. But I don’t see anywhere on my profile where it gives me 100 or 200 6* shards a day. Does just add it to shard savings or do we click claim on something to get it? I’m cavalier with a plus pass and haven’t gotten anything for free! @kabamboo @Kabam Miike can you help me figure this out?
  • I bought the resort pass but didn’t get it please help me
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Deder80 said:

Ok so I bought the plus package. Got the first 7 days and have not missed a day. But I don’t see anywhere on my profile where it gives me 100 or 200 6* shards a day. Does just add it to shard savings or do we click claim on something to get it? I’m cavalier with a plus pass and haven’t gotten anything for free! @kabamboo @Kabam Miike can you help me figure this out?

I think you got caught by the confusing description of the event .. you only get 100 shards per day at the end of the event .. amounting to 1400 in total ...
    Oh ok I get it now. Thanks for clarifying that. I don’t like this event. I really feel like it the worst one ever. Plus with controller issues. Just not as fun. Very frustrating
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 294
    @Kabam Miike
    Tell us this a really late April fools joke?

You charge some of us money for what you give away for free???

I hope this isn’t true. Customers being scammed really isn’t a good look
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,135 ★★★★★
    CoMinow said:

@Kabam Miike
    Tell us this a really late April fools joke?

You charge some of us money for what you give away for free???

I hope this isn’t true. Customers being scammed really isn’t a good look

Its not free as people got grace days for just camp not resort since they didnt buy the resort pass and the 1 gold wasnt to get the resort pass
    I just don't understand why they took away the calendar. It was one of the biggest things in the game that week look forward to annually. Idk if we made someone @Kabam mad and this was the punishment?.... dude's we're sorry we love you don't be mad let us have a calendar sheesh. Grinding and spending to replace your calendar seems like we're being punished for something idk what. now what was a happy time feels like a chore/ punishment. I hope we make it up to you and next year's better.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Swank777 said:

I just don't understand why they took away the calendar. It was one of the biggest things in the game that week look forward to annually. Idk if we made someone @Kabam mad and this was the punishment?.... dude's we're sorry we love you don't be mad let us have a calendar sheesh. Grinding and spending to replace your calendar seems like we're being punished for something idk what. now what was a happy time feels like a chore/ punishment. I hope we make it up to you and next year's better.

If I had to guess, I would guess that Kabam changed the calendar to the event because the calendar was encouraging too many people to create tons of dummy accounts just to collect the huge amount of rewards in it, and they wanted to replace the calendar with something that would only reward people who were actually playing the game every day instead of just logging in every day.

The extra complexity to the event is a separate topic, but the daily objective part itself is something that I actually have no problem with, as I would prefer if the summoner event reward people who actually play the game as opposed to people who only log in for the rewards. It is not like defeating ten things is any real "grind" for people who are actually active players of the game. The one gotcha there was the lack of grace days, which the milestone package resolves for the most part (the issue with players who paid for the milestones initially being a separate issue for Kabam to consider).
    DNA3000 said:

Swank777 said:

If I had to guess, I would guess that Kabam changed the calendar to the event because the calendar was encouraging too many people to create tons of dummy accounts just to collect the huge amount of rewards in it, and they wanted to replace the calendar with something that would only reward people who were actually playing the game every day instead of just logging in every day.

The extra complexity to the event is a separate topic, but the daily objective part itself is something that I actually have no problem with, as I would prefer if the summoner event reward people who actually play the game as opposed to people who only log in for the rewards. It is not like defeating ten things is any real "grind" for people who are actually active players of the game. The one gotcha there was the lack of grace days, which the milestone package resolves for the most part (the issue with players who paid for the milestones initially being a separate issue for Kabam to consider).
    To me in doing so they replaced the biggest event of the year in how giving they use to be with a slightly bloated monthly side event quest and a spending event i don't get that unless they are just mad at us. Yah i play event and side quest ussualy and this side quest is slightly better than normal but this feels no where near kabams annual anniversary caliber just another meh side quest to grind.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Horrible design. Please stop making these events difficult to understand. Less is more.
    Zuko_ILC said:

Horrible design. Please stop making these events difficult to understand. Less is more.

The only difficult part of it to understand is the Summer Canteen. The event itself is pretty straightforward; 10 fights a day for a days worth of progression on the event. And what do you mean by less is more?
  • vsknight89vsknight89 Posts: 54
    No_oneuk said:

Thanks for the info. Can you point me to the post where this is mentioned, regarding sending a ticket for compensation for pass + holders.
  • whatitdobaybwhatitdobayb Posts: 40
    I have no qualms with the event but why is there still no addressing of the fact that the quest doesn’t have a red indicator when you’ve done your 10 battles?

Is it just never going to for the next 88 days?
  • GlobalgodzGlobalgodz Posts: 36

So, in order to get more of these tokens you have to spend money to get the extra milestone rewards? Or did I miss something?

So, in order to get more of these tokens you have to spend money to get the extra milestone rewards? Or did I miss something?

Yes exactly. Summoner appreciation no longer exist, it's just a spending event now. They did bloat the side quest rewards. I think they are trying to get everyone to quit and start playing the new game they made. I'm sad to think of what they will do to Christmas now.