**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

A rant about the side quests.

Side quests are wayyy unbalanced, unfair and difficult.

I am a player who has barely completed Act 4, working on upgrading my champs so I can do Act 5, however those needed resources are in the sidequest.
I go in, check the team requirements (I know, it's not reliable, but it should at least give an idea.)
I go into the quest with the estimated hero rating 7,500. I have 14,000+ team, this should be a cakewalk.
Dead first fight against, what, a 10,000 Longshot or something?
I sigh, and then wait a bit. Next day, I go into the lowest quest. Not as good rewards maybe, but at least I have something.
The first few fights are pretty nice and relax. But then again I go into a 10,000+ opponent (DDHK) and lose all but one champion.
Now I started to realize something. Why are those requirements so low when I am facing high tier opponents?
Some of you may not understand this problem, with your 5* teams and all. However, with my team being mainly comprised of 4 stars and just one 5 star, it becomes nearly impossible to do the basic side quests.
It's even more frustrating considering those quests are what I need to do in order to have the resources to upgrade my champions.
Why do you have 10,000+ enemies in a quest that will give you only 3* shards Kabam, let alone a measly amount of 4* shards?!
Please, dear god, make them easier for players who don't have an insane amount of skill.
Don't lock much needed resources behind enemies who are too tough for your measly champs.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Comments

• pop_tartspop_tarts Posts: 24
    Snakep said:

The argument of the items you need are always one step ahead of where you are at is shared by all levels of players. Cavalier players constantly complain that the t5cc they need is easy to get for Thronebreakers. Uncollected players complain that 5 and 6 star champions and tier 5 basics are so much easier to get for cavalier players and those that aren’t yet uncollected have a gripe that the shards and rank up resources they need are just out of reach. The game is meant to be a slow grind, if the rewards all came easy then the game would get stagnant very quickly. Learn to enjoy the slow process. As for the lowest difficulty being too difficult, that does seem wrong. Beginning players have to have somewhere to start.

thanks for telling me that everyone feels the same about the rewards and i do understand the appeal of the slow grind
    guess i gotta get used to that
    but thank you again for agreeing with me that it needs to be easier for beginning players, the amount of disagrees is...worrying.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I'll say this, I think that if your only in act 4 or maybe act 5, the side events shouldn't have the defenders that came out 2 years later and are only found in act 6,7 and beyond. Your not used to fighting them nor do you probably have decent counters for them.

Dunno about the SQ, but I'm sure Kabam said somewhere that they don't put difficult champions(paths/bosses) in lower difficulty EQs.
    Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

I'll say this, I think that if your only in act 4 or maybe act 5, the side events shouldn't have the defenders that came out 2 years later and are only found in act 6,7 and beyond. Your not used to fighting them nor do you probably have decent counters for them.

Dunno about the SQ, but I'm sure Kabam said somewhere that they don't put difficult champions(paths/bosses) in lower difficulty EQs.
    check the sq, lowest difficulty. 10k+ champs vs. my weak 2k champs
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    edited July 2021
    For the past few months they go from around 2-2,5k for the lowest level to 10-12k for the next highest level, very big jump in difficultly. No problem on my main account but I don't even bother on my 2nd, especially right now with nothing working. Not very well planned lately, just my opinion though.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

That's the way it always is.... The side quest also doesn't have nodes either, just the boss does. P. I means nothing really. Take RoL for instance, people beat that with 3* champs all the type. Even Abyss has people using 2* champs.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

I soloed the path with a maxed out 3* CAIW on my alt...so it's definitely doable
  • UghzyUghzy Posts: 86
    The suggested rating hasn't been good for a while... but difficulty aside, when side quests first showed up they were like a nice little side bonus, but now, especially with so much content across different modes, they are way too much of a time sink. Still good rewards, don't get me wrong, but the time required to get through them is just way too much and I wish they'd scale them back a bit.

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

I soloed the path with a maxed out 3* CAIW on my alt...so it's definitely doable
    you may have the skill but some people really don't
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

It's just parry heavy with cap IW. Idk how much skill that takes (parry issues aside). Also, you have better champions than a maxed three star. He's just saying he can do it with a worse champion and that makes it doable for someone with higher ranked champions.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,356 ★★★★★
    pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

Can you screenshot that? I don't believe you. I did the 2nd highest difficulty for the Pool object and I'm pretty sure it was about 6-7k.
    I ain't gonna waste a club to go in again and look.
    DawsMan said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

It's just parry heavy with cap IW. Idk how much skill that takes (parry issues aside). Also, you have better champions than a maxed three star. He's just saying he can do it with a worse champion and that makes it doable for someone with higher ranked champions.
    1. You assume I have a Cap IW and ignore the rng based crystal mechanics.
    2. No, if it was 'doable', I wouldn't have trouble, would I?
    pop_tarts said:

DawsMan said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

And you just said you don't have the skill to do it, so practice

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

Can you screenshot that? I don't believe you. I did the 2nd highest difficulty for the Pool object and I'm pretty sure it was about 6-7k.
    sure, gimme 11 hours for the club to reset

pop_tarts said:

DawsMan said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

Practice?! Wow, what a helpful idea that I sure didn't think about! It's that easy!
    Dude you're completely ignoring the point of my rant. It shouldn't be insanely difficult for beginners to the game have blocked off resources that they need.
    pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

DawsMan said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

Practice?! Wow, what a helpful idea that I sure didn't think about! It's that easy!
    Dude you're completely ignoring the point of my rant. It shouldn't be insanely difficult for beginners to the game have blocked off resources that they need.
    It isn't that difficult. And if you can't do it, don't. What resources do you need and what's your roster like?

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

DawsMan said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

It isn't that difficult. And if you can't do it, don't. What resources do you need and what's your roster like?
    YES. YES IT IS THAT DIFFICULT.
    I need T4, class T4, iso, gold, 5 star shards, and maybe 4 star shards. I have 3 4 stars: Spider-Gwen, Wolverine, Red Skull, and Scarlet Witch. One 5*: Guillotine 2099. They're all roughly around 3,000. I cannot face opponents that are 10k+ above yet, and I cannot even claim some stupid 3* shards because of the freaking annoying enemies.
    pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

sure, gimme 11 hours for the club to reset
    Well I tried the 2nd lowest difficulty on a nub account.
    Longshot was 7.7k. Boss was 6.8k. Highest rating were war machine/Cosmic GR at 16k
    I accept that at the lowest difficult you are correct.
    I'll add that I find the SQ difficult and level requirements extremely erratic.
    Some months the legendary is easy but the is a level requirement of 45. Other times its much harder (such as the "pick your fights/rewards" one) but there is no level requirement.
    I'd say this month legendary is easy although their are some tricky champs for weaker rosters (CGR, Monkey and to a lesser extent iHulk, Longshot and xBones)
    Herc is fairly easy thou.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,199 ★★★★★
    I'm not saying that I agree with the OP...
    But I will say that We understand the situation you are in.
    That's the game... We all went through the phase you are currently in.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    OP, people are reacting this way because there are threads like this ALL. THE. TIME. And they always go the same way.

OP: "This content is impossible!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!
    Community: "It's not impossible. I did it with the same guys you have available."
    OP: "Well maybe not everyone is as good as you!!!"
    Community: "Practice and get better"
    OP: "Thanks for the advice ****. OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING THE PROBLEM!!!"

Like pretty much everyone has said. Develop your roster. Get better. If you can't finish it, it's not for you...... yet.

I am a Cav player who has literally never finished a single path in Cav EQ. Do a search and find how many posts I've made crying that it is too hard. (Here's a hint, it's 0) And this is content I am supposed to be ale to do at my level.

You just need to get better. Just like I do.
    Wubbie075 said:

OP, people are reacting this way because there are threads like this ALL. THE. TIME. And they always go the same way.

Community: "It's not impossible. I did it with the same guys you have available."
    OP: "Thanks for the advice ****. OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING THE PROBLEM!!!"

Like pretty much everyone has said. Develop your roster. Get better. If you can't finish it, it's not for you...... yet.

I am a Cav player who has literally never finished a single path in Cav EQ. Do a search and find how many posts I've made crying that it is too hard. (Here's a hint, it's 0) And this is content I am supposed to be ale to do at my level.

if there's so many threads then WHO CARES. IT'S A RANT.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

Have you looked in 5.1.1 yet? Eventually you’ll have to learn how to fight champs at a higher pi
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    The PI metric has never been an accurate indicator.

What would be useful – especially in events that require a non-returnable key/token – is the ability to preview the map.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    pop_tarts said:

Wubbie075 said:

Rants are neither constructive nor criticism, and shouldn't be made as the forums rules state to keep posts constructive in their feedback.

Feel free to rant on other social media, like Twitter or on one of the many MCOC subreddits.
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    as everyone has said, the side quests really arent that hard, and you just have to practice and get better. watch some videos on youtube or something. kabam cant just lower the difficulties for the select few otherwise no one will play the game cos itll be so easy.
    ItsDamien said:

pop_tarts said:

Wubbie075 said:

Rants are neither constructive nor criticism, and shouldn't be made as the forums rules state to keep posts constructive in their feedback.

Feel free to rant on other social media, like Twitter or on one of the many MCOC subreddits.
    I feel like rants can be criticism though, like unless it's a blind rant. This is just an angry criticism rant about the sq.

Plus ew reddit