**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• GarryDKGarryDK Posts: 135 ★★

My alliance is not even going to complete second section of map 5

Map 5. We run it because it’s easy. We don’t like reviving and healing in aq.

Now some members are having such trouble they can’t play.

We ended up stepping down to map 3 because of this, no one wants to use pots in aq. State of the game is awful at the moment.
  • Asim38Asim38 Posts: 133
    I have noticed one other interaction that could be related. When the parry doesn't register BUT you do get a block, the AI follows up with a heavy which is either super quick or the attacker just doesn't move. You end up taking the heavy to the face. Have been noticing this with Medium dash attacks and especially with champs that have quick uppercut heavies like Venom and Superior Ironman. Nightcrawler and Darkhawk have been following the same pattern but due to the speed of the heavy they are a little better to evade.

I think the issue has to do with timing. Possibly processing related. Its a deep issue affecting many aspects of gameplay which is why its taking longer to resolve.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    iPhone X user here. Am TB and been playing the game daily for around 5 years and know pretty darn well how to parry. The timing is off. when I go to parry I get smacked. My timing always seems to be a fraction of a second too late. Seems like a hit box issue. Other times I will successfully parry but it won’t stun the opponent when there is no indication for why.
  • Tul123456789Tul123456789 Posts: 26
    Gonna need a ton of Potions and Revives back…

Cant dodge back or parry properly…

Dodge become block

Parry become hit…

Dodge quite slower respond than it use to be…

+ more lag…

Very frustrated
  • FlushFlush Posts: 106

Flush said:
    Are you using white magneto pre-fight?
    Yes he was on team
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    Are there any progresses on this problems, @Kabam Miike ? How long do we have to stay tuned?
  • JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 130
    I have to be honest, after a dramatic start, now it seems it happens to me rarely, but for those who continue to have the problem all the time, I fear the only solution is to stop playing daily to go on with the progress. I think that Kabam will give further compensation, but we cannot expect refill potions and more for life.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

I have to be honest, after a dramatic start, now it seems it happens to me rarely, but for those who continue to have the problem all the time, I fear the only solution is to stop playing daily to go on with the progress. I think that Kabam will give further compensation, but we cannot expect refill potions and more for life.

It's very sporadic for me... some runs in Uncollected EQ are fine with maybe 1 or 2 fights per line acting up, but then it goes to hell when I get to the boss (i'm not even attempting Cav EQ right now!). In the Legendary side quest event, EVERY fight seems to be a struggle and I barely make it through the boss... The harder the content, the worse it is I think.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Well, they extended summer of pain. At least it's a start.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Well, they extended summer of pain. At least it's a start.

If they extended Summer of Pain at a minimum that tell you they don't expect things to be running smoothly by tomorrow so I would just be patient and ask them to concentrate on more preventative measure moving forward.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    edited July 2021
    Deja vu all over again??? This post is from almost 4 years ago people and I remember it well because I posted a lot of video evidence to support it (as well as many other threads during this time from update 13.x up past 17.x)

When I see folks on here complaining non-stop about lack of QA/testing and others refuting them, all I have to do is go back through FOUR YEARS of myself and many others complaining and calling out ALL THE SAME THINGS. I can say without hesitation that whatever they do for QA/Testing is clearly not working or whatever they are trying to get this game engine to do, it clearly can't accommodate it without severe repercussions (or both!?).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/22714/4500-prestige-whale-ready-to-quit-over-ai-block-parry-evade-issues-please-fix-fix-in-progress#latest

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    We're 7days in now, make a note of which players bought got Hercules from the early access and roll the whole game back to the last stable release. And then when we try again in August, turn the summoner event into just a calender while were at it as it's a hot mess as well.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Still affecting me…one additional aspect of the parry bug is that I find myself hesitating once I block, usually to check whether parry occurred. Seems like nothing, but I’ve wound up throwing my entire combo off, especially if the opponent has any kind of limber/shrug effect.

Occasionally, muscle memory drops into a counter-combo after the usual parry point, only to realize the parry failed to register and I’m no longer blocking and instead eating a combo.

Not meant to be a gripe—it’s just hard to overstate how much it impacts game play.

Dr. Zola
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    DrZola said:

Still affecting me…one additional aspect of the parry bug is that I find myself hesitating once I block, usually to check whether parry occurred. Seems like nothing, but I’ve wound up throwing my entire combo off, especially if the opponent has any kind of limber/shrug effect.

Occasionally, muscle memory drops into a counter-combo after the usual parry point, only to realize the parry failed to register and I’m no longer blocking and instead eating a combo.

Not meant to be a gripe—it’s just hard to overstate how much it impacts game play.

Dr. Zola

Can't be overstated imho. I can't even get through a path in Cav EQ at this point. Very frustrating.
  • GarryDKGarryDK Posts: 135 ★★
    Still no updates I see.
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Posts: 248
    Same parry issues here but far more frustrating is the passive AI. It just stands there blocking, waiting for me to make unforced errors. It’s made the game suck.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think they're still deciding on AQ
  • MicMisfitsMicMisfits Posts: 6

Just a heads up - and everyone's mileage will vary - but the issues seem to be getting worse. Any dashing enemy goes straight through me. Parry, Dexterity (sometimes turns into a parry) and Block don't do a thing. I now also experience the problem where defenders (if a parry automagically does register) are 'unstunned' WAY faster than they should. Very prevalent in the monthly Cavalier quest. Additionally, my regular combos are occasionally interrupted by AI specials. And, once, a heavy. The harder the content (or, rather, the faster and more aggressive the AI) the more these issues seem to pop up. Arena's are barely manageable either though.

Same here… the harder ist gets, the more issues.

iPad Pro…

• kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I think I'm going to have to only play what I need to. Get in for AQ and *maybe* 10 easy arena matches so I don't completely lose the thread in the summer event but that's it. I don't want to not play this game because I enjoy it, but I haven't been enjoying it since this bug, which is more than rare for me.

Hopefully they'll figure out something soon. In the meantime, if I'm not playing often, it doesn't make sense to renew the sigil or the unit daily card until I am so may hold on those when they're up as well. This isn't a boycott - I'd jump back on them when this is fixed - but it just doesn't make sense to spend that money if I'm dialing back my play big time
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    kfd2010 said:

I think I'm going to have to only play what I need to. Get in for AQ and *maybe* 10 easy arena matches so I don't completely lose the thread in the summer event but that's it. I don't want to not play this game because I enjoy it, but I haven't been enjoying it since this bug, which is more than rare for me.

Hopefully they'll figure out something soon. In the meantime, if I'm not playing often, it doesn't make sense to renew the sigil or the unit daily card until I am so may hold on those when they're up as well. This isn't a boycott - I'd jump back on them when this is fixed - but it just doesn't make sense to spend that money if I'm dialing back my play big time

Did you blindly post this or just ignored Miikes message completely?