**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

DrZola said:

Thoughts on today’s foe?

Two mutants, two techs…is cosmic the next class we get to see? Venom and The Champion?

Less than an hour to go.

Dr. Zola

🧐 maybe

I feel like the last fight will be the champion from 6.2.6 in his original form.
    Nah that would be way to easy. Its gotta be a collector
    There are ways to beef him up. I mean no SOP defender has been any more or less hard then OG champion fight 6.4.6.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Objectives are up, apparently. Cant log in myself.

Dr. Zola

Looks like venom is boss
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Venom is really kicking my ass . What’s the best champ to use on him and how can we avoid the damage when we knock him down ?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,738 ★★★★★
    Solo'd Week 5 with Sym Supreme for symbiote challenge, 112 hits. Stack 6 bleeds and then drop SP2 and SP3s.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Summer of Tickles continues.

R4 5* G2099. 5/65 Stealthy. 5/65 Sym Supreme.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Spark for Tech/Spider Verse.

Symsup for Symbiote.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    I'm both surprised and disappointed that slashed tires wasn't used. Missed opportunity kabam.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

xNig said:

Berjibs said:

xNig said:

Oh. You waited for the last day… well… 🤷🏻‍♂️

So what? Why would I not think I could complete something on the last day?
    Yeah sure, you definitely can. Just surprised that you’ll wait for the last day to do something that costs 0 energy and 0 resources since you did it on a lesser account.
    Because I knew I could do it already and so assumed it a formality, not that it matters. I don’t play my TB accounts anymore, only log in to do these SOP fights for a bit of fun.

Anyway whatever, no need to be snarky about everything dude.
    Nah. Just snarky when entitled complaints like that pop up like that, despite the fact that you had 6 days to do it and decided to wait till the last minute to do it, then blame Kabam for your procrastination.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,738 ★★★★★
    Sparky = 185 hits for tech and spider-verse hero objectives.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Berjibs said:

xNig said:

Berjibs said:

xNig said:

Oh. You waited for the last day… well… 🤷🏻‍♂️

So what? Why would I not think I could complete something on the last day?
    Yeah sure, you definitely can. Just surprised that you’ll wait for the last day to do something that costs 0 energy and 0 resources since you did it on a lesser account.
    Because I knew I could do it already and so assumed it a formality, not that it matters. I don’t play my TB accounts anymore, only log in to do these SOP fights for a bit of fun.

Anyway whatever, no need to be snarky about everything dude.
    Nah. Just snarky when entitled complaints like that pop up like that, despite the fact that you had 6 days to do it and decided to wait till the last minute to do it, then blame Kabam for your procrastination.

Geez you’re a delight.
  • Racs0Racs0 Posts: 38
    JessieS said:

Venom is really kicking my ass . What’s the best champ to use on him and how can we avoid the damage when we knock him down ?

I used 5 star, rank 4 star lord. It took 202 hits, no sp.
  • ODEKAODEKA Posts: 59
    Typhoon said:

Sparky = 185 hits for tech and spider-verse hero objectives.

Exactly who I had in mind. Will try soon. Thanks!
  • Ace7688Ace7688 Posts: 4
    Does a new darkhawk kill bring an extra point?
    I got the 4th point last week, but way to darkhawk is "undone*
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Ace7688 said:

Yes

Since you are reversing the point for doing the Week 4 boss, which I understand, can you also reverse the units or potions I spent beating him again please?

Why should they?
    DL864 said:

Ace7688 said:

Yes
    Thanks
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Don't knock him down, is the best way to avoid the damage when you knock him down. 🙂
    As for fighting him, Try using an XL champ. They have great spacing against him. XL champs have a much deeper evade then smaller champs. For example, if you attack him with a M champ, and try to bait a special by evading his basic attacks, he will follow through with multiple lighting fast light attacks after his dash. Because with smaller champs, even a deep evade will likely leave you in reach of his light attack (one of the fastest, longest reaching lights in the game). This leads to either getting clipped, or pushed back. You'll find yourself in the corner before long.

When you attack him with an XL champ (I used Venom himself for the Symbiote objective), when you are baiting his specials you can evade his dash attack deeply enough that you are out of range of his light attack. It will actually change his behavior. He will back off and give you space because he knows if he were to whiff you'll have frame advantage. You'll find it much easier to keep him on his side of the stage and even become more loose with his specials.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Take a look at Howard videos (not kidding). Probably the most straightforward approach.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    DrZola said:

JessieS said:

Take a look at Howard videos (not kidding). Probably the most straightforward approach.

Dr. Zola
    Howard requires you to be good at Duck mashing. If you parry Venom and then do a heavy you'll stack armor breaks as you mash. If you do this well you can stack enough armor breaks that the set up and spike node will damage Venom instead of you. I think you need at least six debuffs for the damage to go to Venom instead of being reflected back at you. Which means you need to be able to consistently mash every heavy you use. If you can do that, the Duck is a good option. But if you aren't good at doing mash bonuses with Howard, this option probably doesn't work as well.

You also have to be on your Parry game, and at the moment that is iffy for a good chunk of the players.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Watch this one. Good enough for you to one shot Venom
    https://youtu.be/hX0Oa_voeyE
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    Anyone looking for easy solo? Just use morningstar

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Since you are reversing the point for doing the Week 4 boss, which I understand, can you also reverse the units or potions I spent beating him again please?

Why should they?
    Because they had every opportunity to warn people an extra point would be revoked and didn’t? I dunno. I didn’t look at the timeline. I “earned” the extra point because I saved my mutant/villain kill once they announced the extension. I didn’t expect to keep the bonus but it’s yet another example of Kabam failing to get in front of a problem, just like the Bishop/map6 issue.
    TyEdge said:

ItsDamien said:

Why should they?
    Because they had every opportunity to warn people an extra point would be revoked and didn’t? I dunno. I didn’t look at the timeline. I “earned” the extra point because I saved my mutant/villain kill once they announced the extension. I didn’t expect to keep the bonus but it’s yet another example of Kabam failing to get in front of a problem, just like the Bishop/map6 issue.
    So you got the Villain/Mutant kill points now? So you spent items to get that? Then you'll keep those points.

The only point they are removing is the SINGLE point for beating Darkhawk IF you already beat him in the previous weeek. Not for the objectives, and not for a very first time defeat.

If you spent items to get the Villain/Mutant objectives done, then your items weren't wasted and you're not losing anything that you should have got.
    Completed the objectives with a Venom and Sparky take down yesterday. With that out of the way.. time for some fun. This killed him from 55% and it was completely overkill too.

edited July 2021
    Longshot who?
  • UlfricFrostUlfricFrost Posts: 51
    So we are going to give players an extra week to fight DarkHawk but not an extra week to do the other fights? Why not just leave all the content up and add the new weeks challenging champion each week? That way players have extra time to complete all the fights.

I honestly missed the Mysterio week. I thought I had it completed but that week I was so busy becoming ThroneBreaker and with real life stuff that I missed it. To be fair to all players it would be nice to have a shot and completing week 3 again. I’m sure there are some players that have missed a week as well.

When the content was first released I had my eyes set on just getting to milestone 7 so I could finally have a R3 6* champion. Then the update stating that Cav players could only reach milestone 6. Well I had accepted the fact I wasn’t going to get past milestone 6. Then RNG was on my side with some T5CC crystals and I now I have my eyes set on milestone 8 which will mean 2 more R3 6* champions not to mention a 6* class nexus selector.

Take a moment and think about the players that are Cavalier and become Throne Breaker mid way through the event. The way it’s set up they are SOL (**** outta luck) to get the juicy rewards but could potentially earn some account changing rewards if it wasn’t time gated.