**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thank you for another stupid monetary system

How many more moronic monetary models will you introduce?

And thank you for adding this latest useless iteration right in time to jack up a featured run for Thor. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason for the cutoff to be higher than 9M for 4* Thor after you completely neutered him and yet it is. WHY? Because of this stupid Valor. Congrats you greedy shizzers!

Maybe instead of introducing revolutionary ****, you just fix the basics of the game and make existing content and existing heroes more relevant. Too hard?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Or maybe you could do more points in the arena to guarantee the champion?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Kabam does something cool that gives us a lot of free stuff and adds competition, players complain lol
    Go_Grems wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Kabam does something cool that gives us a lot of free stuff and adds competition, players complain lol

Something cool? Why not just give more glory? Add items to Glory store? Instead create something new.

You'd be **** the the cutoffs are too high with extra glory, what's the difference?
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    How many more moronic monetary models will you introduce?

And thank you for adding this latest useless iteration right in time to jack up a featured run for Thor. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason for the cutoff to be higher than 9M for 4* Thor after you completely neutered him and yet it is. WHY? Because of this stupid Valor. Congrats you greedy shizzers!

Maybe instead of introducing revolutionary ****, you just fix the basics of the game and make existing content and existing heroes more relevant. Too hard?

I don’t see your point, the valor in the milestones stops at 4M...can’t see the issue here
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    edited November 2017
    While you are all being really over aggressive in this thread (calling it moronic doesn't help to prove your point) I can understand both sides of the argument.

For most of us Valor is just this cool new way to get free stuff. It's like Rockets quest or dimensional portals.

However, this new system also takes over portions of the game (specifically in this case the 4-5 star arena) and if you wanted to just play that arena regularly it's now full of people trying for Valor.

Which is a fair criticism that Kabam should note. The rest of the system seems fine though. They could have indeed tied it to the Glory store, but there was no reason to not make Valor a new currency. On top of that it would have added some issues because of the Glory store reset every week and that there are already items present on it.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Thor is still very useful. He's a relatively desired Champ. Over 9 Mil is pretty consistent with that fact. For that matter, people going for Valor would not affect the Cutoff for him because it's a set number, not a percentage. The top 800 people will get him. It's highly unlikely that many people are Grinding for Valor. I'm sorry, if you missed him that's all it is.
    Thor is still very useful. He's a relatively desired Champ. Over 9 Mil is pretty consistent with that fact. For that matter, people going for Valor would not affect the Cutoff for him because it's a set number, not a percentage. The top 800 people will get him. It's highly unlikely that many people are Grinding for Valor. I'm sorry, if you missed him that's all it is.

You get more valor for top 800 then 1-10%, so the top players will be going for thor who normally wouldn't
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    danielmath wrote: »

You get more valor for top 800 then 1-10%, so the top players will be going for thor who normally wouldn't

No I realize that. I'm saying people are probably going for Thor. It's not likely that people are Grinding that much for Valor. A few, perhaps. Either way, people Grind as much as they can, for whatever reason, and the results are based on that. If the OP missed him, they missed him. Not much that can be done.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    clearly there was a reason for thor to go over 9M for the rest of the field. just because you think thor's not worth more than that, it doesn't make it so.

you lost a bet, that's nobody's fault but your own.
  • The_whiteknightThe_whiteknight Posts: 12
    edited November 2017
    And I could spend actual money on this game like many fools. No thanks. I have big boy responsibilities.

Start acting like a big boy then an quit crying on an internet forum

*Edited for the cry baby
  • Go_Grems wrote: »
    And I could spend actual money on this game like many fools. No thanks. I have big boy responsibilities.

Start acting like a big boy then an quite crying on an internet forum

"an quit crying"

*edited for the guy who obviously has very fat fingers

Yep your momma loves them
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    It's not just the valor, vanquishing blows solo event is also active and at least one person thought it was the Thor:Ragnarok arena lol

Start acting like a big boy then an quit crying on an internet forum

*Edited for the cry baby

And yes Mr. Soapbox this is the place for such a discussion. Adding Valor to the rank rewards changed the dynamic of Arenas solely for the benefit of Kabam to the detriment of the player base. This new mechanic could and should have been restricted to the associated quests or create a new "arena" for such healthy competition to take place.

Something being a detriment to you doesn't make a detriment to the player base. For some people, having this incentive and competition is awesome. Stop being so selfish, you're not the only one who plays.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Dude, the extra valor did not overly inflate the scores for Thor. Do you know how much Abomination went for when he was the featured last couple weeks? Over 7 million. For Abomination of all champs. Was there any valor available to obtain then? No there weren't.

People are grinding for as many 5* shards as possible to open as many featured crystals as they can get. An older champ equates to a lower cutoff to get 800 5* champs, plus any extra 5* shards for duping the champ if the player already has it. Hence the high scores seen for Abomination and now Thor, who is actually still a really good champ despite being nerfed in 12.0. Most people going for valorin the featured arena are aiming mainly for the milestone and rank rewards.

So quit your whinging and grind harder for Thor if you want him. Cutoffs are increasing because of the demand for 5* shards, and not because of the valor.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Abomination went for 9M and you complain that Thor went for the same amount ?
    Just stop complaining for literally nothing please
    Looks like Thor went for 10.2 so i guess that valor didn't impact it as much as I thought it would. He's much better than abom, and better then NC, i figured with people shooting for top 10 in valor there would be a bunch of people pushing every featured arena (at least the 1st few). Surprised at the results
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    They're giving out awesome rewards with Valor points... how can you complain about that?

Yeah, maybe they should've not included the arenas in this, but comeon. The valor system is great.