**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Looking for clarification on upcoming 1 Gold booster (for those who bought the $20 pass)

124»

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Searmenis said:

Why do I see available the $5 booster in store, even though I bought the $20.00 pass? Wasn't there supposed to be the 1gold thing somewhere?

It's located at the bottom of the "Summer Canteen" in the Store Menu.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    In mail, kabam gives you 1 gold, I guess to use for the pass. So there supposed to be 1 gold where there's $5 in the unit store for a booster, is this another bug? I have no intention spending another 5 euros since I got the 20 bucks deal from the start.

Things are getting more complicated by the day...

Updated: in another mail, it says there s going to be a booster every week, that means 7 days extra every week? 700 shards+700 shards+700 shards+700 shards etc?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

IKON said:

The real bottom line is that consumers deserve to be able to make an informed choice about their purchases.

How would they inform people of a decision before it was even a thing?
    That's why there's a responsibility on Kabams part. Those affected should contact support.
    For what? If you refund the entire purchase, you have to forfeit everything that comes with it. You also can't split the Offer up based on what's included. It's a package deal. All of that ignores the fact that they got exactly what they paid for.
  • kevi2hevikevi2hevi Posts: 2
    Kabam needs to provide some compensation to those of us who paid real money to get a 7 day buffer for a 3 month event that is now been given away for free. I would not of paid £20 if I had known that I would be able to get it for free a few days later.
    kevi2hevi said:

Kabam needs to provide some compensation to those of us who paid real money to get a 7 day buffer for a 3 month event that is now been given away for free. I would not of paid £20 if I had known that I would be able to get it for free a few days later.

They did, they solved the problem by initiating a weekly $5 boost (joking)
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    S0 what happen is you got the pass plus and buy the 5$ pass in the unit store and the pass for 1 gold? Well I just tried it and I guess you can just keep unlocking days. Do we get more 6* shards for every day over?
  • kevi2hevikevi2hevi Posts: 2
    Searmenis said:

kevi2hevi said:

They did, they solved the problem by initiating a weekly $5 boost (joking)
    The whole event is a joke, first there is confusion as to what offer to buy, those that bought the cheaper offer did not get all the benefits so they offered a top up. Then everyone complained that there were missing out as people who bought the offer were getting a benefit so they give away 7 days for free! They have given compensation for less in the past, even for events where people have not spent real cash!
  • Mr_Surfer1Mr_Surfer1 Posts: 30
    kevi2hevi said:

No one would have paid that amount had they seen this coming. I personally think that Kabam should compensate those that bought the pass+ in a way that is equal to what they paid for but in the end it really comes down to what they think.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

The real bottom line is that consumers deserve to be able to make an informed choice about their purchases.

That's why there's a responsibility on Kabams part. Those affected should contact support.
    For what? If you refund the entire purchase, you have to forfeit everything that comes with it. You also can't split the Offer up based on what's included. It's a package deal. All of that ignores the fact that they got exactly what they paid for.
    You can't sell an exclusive benefit, then turn around and give everyone the exclusive and say "you have 2 exclusives now so its fine"

Why can't you do this? Because by the definition of exclusive, it no longer is exclusive because everyone has it.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Why do I see available the $5 booster in store, even though I bought the $20.00 pass? Wasn't there supposed to be the 1gold thing somewhere?

You got 1 gold in the mail.

Take that one gold and go to the summer event store.

At the bottom there is a 1 gold booster.

Enjoy.
    ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Enjoy.
    Kabam mike covered this, the weekly booster is the big question now, that kabam mike didn't answered, even if it was at the same post with the 1gold thing.
    Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

Enjoy.
    Kabam mike covered this, the weekly booster is the big question now, that kabam mike didn't answered, even if it was at the same post with the 1gold thing.
    They said they were going to sell boosters on a weekly basis for $5 in an update to the original post the day after. You can look for yourself.
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100
    So it is not advisable to buy the resort pass plus now?
    IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

You can't sell an exclusive benefit, then turn around and give everyone the exclusive and say "you have 2 exclusives now so its fine"

Why can't you do this? Because by the definition of exclusive, it no longer is exclusive because everyone has it.
    It IS fine. They're getting exactly what's advertised. Regardless if everyone got one as well, they still got the 7 day grace included in the purchase.
    ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

ItsDamien said:

Searmenis said:

They said they were going to sell boosters on a weekly basis for $5 in an update to the original post the day after. You can look for yourself.

I don't remember that, but even so, does every booster adds 7 days+700 shards every week to the already purchased ones? That needs clarification.

I don't remember that, but even so, does every booster adds 7 days+700 shards every week to the already purchased ones? That needs clarification.
    edited July 2021
    Well they did and it's there. And yes. Every $5 booster adds 7 milestones, so 7 more days of getting shards if you don't miss any days.

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

It IS fine. They're getting exactly what's advertised. Regardless if everyone got one as well, they still got the 7 day grace included in the purchase.
    Agree to disagree

Anyone who was affected should contact support.
    IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Agree to disagree

You're free to disagree, but no one was affected. People got the 7 days they paid for, and the Team gave everyone 7 days. The only argument is exclusivity, and that's just trivial.

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Agree to disagree

You're free to disagree, but no one was affected. People got the 7 days they paid for, and the Team gave everyone 7 days. The only argument is exclusivity, and that's just trivial.
    I really enjoy that your response to "agree to disagree" is "Whatever, I'm right."
    IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Agree to disagree

I really enjoy that your response to "agree to disagree" is "Whatever, I'm right."
    The reality of the effect is truth, not opinion. No one lost anything by this. Some people WOULD have passed on buying it had they known, but that's moot. No one knew. It wasn't a thing then. Shoulda coulda woulda.

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

IKON said:

Agree to disagree

The reality of the effect is truth, not opinion. No one lost anything by this. Some people WOULD have passed on buying it had they known, but that's moot. No one knew. It wasn't a thing then. Shoulda coulda woulda.
    You are genuinely making my day. I definitely will be debating with you more often cause this is wildly entertaining stuff.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Clyneva said:

This is a rather strange statement to see coming from you, considering some of the lengthy analysis you've posted in the past on the devaluation of player power and resources in the game. It is obvious you are very familiar with the concept of objective devaluation of in-game items in response to the developers' changes to a resource's scarcity, demand, and utility. But for some reason you don't draw a parallel here?

There's two kinds of devaluation in the context of the game. There's objective devaluation where the devs change the game so that the utility value of a resource drops fundamentally. For example, if they gate Act 6 and higher to 5* champs and higher, that is an objective reduction in the utility value of champions of lower rarity relative to the content of the game. And there's subjective devaluation where the devs alter the perceived situational context that individual players use to make value judgments. For example, if they add a ton of gold to Incursions, that doesn't objectively devalue gold directly, but it can subjectively devalue arena grinding for gold.

For some reason, I think people are making the assumption that objective devaluation is somehow more important, and calling a devaluation subjective is an attempt to trivialize it. But that's not the case. To highlight the point, the value of everything in the game is, within the context of real world material value, completely subjective. Nothing has value unless we choose subjectively to value it. That doesn't mean that value is meaningless, it simply means within that context, that value is not objective.

The difference between objective value and subjective value within the context of the game itself (value always has to have a context: there's no universal perch from which to judge value absolutely) is that objective values in the game are judged relative to the value of all the other things in the game, while subjective values are judged relative to how the players perceive the value of those things across the players of the game. And that means there's at least one fundamental difference between tackling objective value problems and subjective value problems. Everything has only one objective value within the context of the game design rules. But things can have not just varying value subjectively, things can be valued from multiple differing contexts. The behavioral economists would call this horizontal segmentation. In this case we have at least two clusters of players: one group that believes the bonus shards available past the last milestone of the event are reasonable value for the cost of the milestone boosters, and another group that believes those shards have little or no value relative to the cash cost of the milestone boosters (or the plus pack additional cost).

In effect, although the game presented one choice to players in an objective sense, it presented two different subjective choices to two different groups of players. And that makes trying to address the problem objectively non-trivial. At least, it is non-trivial to anyone who doesn't simply assume that only one of those situations matters and the other one will just take care of itself.