**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did SOP week 4 again and got another point in event. [Merged Threads]

124»

Comments

• JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 130
    Well, it’s ok, but don’t say that it was “an arguably easier fight” because it was exactly the same previous fight.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Odachi said:

Hey all, there will not be any punishment for this, but we're likely going to have to rever that point. Being able to get an extra point on an arguably easier fight means that you have an advantage over somebody that didn't have the bug happen to them, and has to do all of the increasingly harder fights/objectives.

Will have information for you all soon.

Interesting precident here. Giving all players a revive package because of the bug in parry when it hasn't affect them all, is that not the same?
    SoP mags being reset isn't even a bug, it's an oversight or yet another exposé on the lack of proper (if any) testing. You knew it was happening and just hit the reset button thinking it would be fine.

I was not intentional, happened as a result of something unrelated

Same
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 802 ★★★
    I better not lose my point for originally beating it last week....reverting points is going to be a mess. .....unless you have a plan where you can go into code and delete points for week 4 sop achieved during week 5 this is going to turn into people losing a point even not exploiting it. Makes me want to beat it again just to be safe
  • TheMole23TheMole23 Posts: 1
    Well, you extended it in the first place because of the parry issue, one that I see hasn’t yet been fixed.

So those who have done this challenge and gained the additional point could have spent equal to make use of the reset.

The precedent is on you guys for initially failing with the introduction of a bug that hinders play and then extended something whilst that bug is still in play.

Personally, I’d let one point go in this instance.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

JJJmJJJ said:

Well, it’s ok, but don’t say that it was “an arguably easier fight” because it was exactly the same previous fight.

Easier than what's the come. Imagine having an extra point from this fight, and then having a SUPER difficult objective in the last week that you get to skip because you had the extra point here, but others that didn't get the extra point have to complete it in order to get the final milestone.

What we meant is that arguably, that makes the whole event easier.
    This - I did all objectives last week, bugs and all. Now if week 8 or 9 is extra hard I won't have this buffer.
    The only fair way those who did it today could be allowed to retain the extra point is if they allow everyone to redo the DH fight for that point this week.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    This is pretty much a no-brainer though. People will get one Point for beating it once. Not multiple.
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

This is pretty much a no-brainer though.

Therein lies the problem however, some don't use that whole brain/thinking thing around here

• JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 130
    Got it @Kabam Miike

JJJmJJJ said:

Easier than what's the come. Imagine having an extra point from this fight, and then having a SUPER difficult objective in the last week that you get to skip because you had the extra point here, but others that didn't get the extra point have to complete it in order to get the final milestone.

• Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 ★★★
    I really don't want to do that DH fight again, when dashback fails 4 out of 5 times. I am more than fine beating him once as it was required.

But lots of people are advising we should cover our backs and get that extra point, as faith in kbm to revert the points correctly is extremely low.

I really hope I will not get my Week 4 point taken away 😑 Please make a point of this Devs. It seems an obvious thing, but well...
  • TheMarauder53TheMarauder53 Posts: 154
    Hope i dont get banned. I cant honestly remember if the run i just did this morning was on this week.
    Im too sleep deprived to remember..
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Hope i dont get banned. I cant honestly remember if the run i just did this morning was on this week.
    Im too sleep deprived to remember..

They confirmed they aren’t banning for it
  • gfcgfc Posts: 5
    Check your points in the Summer of Pain event. I’d rerun the week 4 challenge when it popped up as not complete, and understood completely that they’d drop me from 12 points to 11. Instead they dropped it much lower
  • Kr0k0d1lKr0k0d1l Posts: 1

JJJmJJJ said:

This is simply a very confusing and problematic answer. You shouldn't bring content that's not intended for any summoners to play.

Why to punish active players for your mistakes? Still loving the game, all the new content and your efforts to make everything better! 😊
  • Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★
    Kr0k0d1l said:

JJJmJJJ said:

This is simply a very confusing and problematic answer. You shouldn't bring content that's not intended for any summoners to play.

Why to punish active players for your mistakes? Still loving the game, all the new content and your efforts to make everything better! 😊
    Its called the summer of PAIN for a reason. It ISNT intended for just anyone. Its mostly for thronebreaker lvl players since they can reach the max rewards. Cavaliers can only reach 9 points if they do everything.

Getting an extra point means some players will get a milestone they otherwise wouldnt have. So obviously they will need to remove the point.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    gfc said:

Check your points in the Summer of Pain event. I’d rerun the week 4 challenge when it popped up as not complete, and understood completely that they’d drop me from 12 points to 11. Instead they dropped it much lower

What do u meant there drop u lower I’m sorry but. I’m didn’t drop yet stil hav the one more point