**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Summer of Pain Venom: Howard is the best option by far.

2»

Comments

• Hort4Hort4 Posts: 495 ★★★
    I can't get HtD to work on automash. He keeps getting less than 5 armor breaks. Time to work on the manual mashing.
  • JaggedSacJaggedSac Posts: 56
    Thanks for the tip, did it with 1 revive with Howard.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★

No. Morningstar is the best option and thats just how it is

I like her as much as anyone, but Howard is far better in this fight. Plus he gets an extra milestone point.
    What a silly thing to say when she does it faster. Its as easy as reaching 2 s2s. Nobody said anything about getting points. Its simply a whose better and shes better. The haters can disagree all they want videos show otherwise
    What time did you see? The ones I saw were pretty similar. You have to have a higher ranked Morningstar for it to work because of damage from knocking him down. That’s not a problem with Howard. Thus Howard is better.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    I've randomly pulled and Awakened 5* Massacre from arena-grinding GM crystals in the last couple of days.

Makes me wonder if anyone's tried him out for this fight:

- Incinerate removes Klyntar buff, which reduces buffs proccing
    - Can often safely inflict enough debuffs to benefit from knocking Venom down
    - If RNG doesn't give enough debuffs, then you can build Power hitting into block and throw SP2 for solid damage without knocking him down...

I mean, mines only R2 so far, but he seems to have a decent kit for this particular challenge. Anyone?
    edited July 2021

I like her as much as anyone, but Howard is far better in this fight. Plus he gets an extra milestone point.
    What a silly thing to say when she does it faster. Its as easy as reaching 2 s2s. Nobody said anything about getting points. Its simply a whose better and shes better. The haters can disagree all they want videos show otherwise
    What time did you see? The ones I saw were pretty similar. You have to have a higher ranked Morningstar for it to work because of damage from knocking him down. That’s not a problem with Howard. Thus Howard is better.
    This is the summer of pain people go in with high ranked champs :lol: ive seen r4s do it tho. Time is the same cause all you need is 2 s2s either way. Time is not similar. Morningstar can do it in under 1 minute
    This is just not true. Two sp2’s doesn’t kill him, but it nearly kills my r1 six star. 3 sp2’s and Morningstar is dead, venom is alive.

Also, Howard can do it in under a minute.

I've randomly pulled and Awakened 5* Massacre from arena-grinding GM crystals in the last couple of days.

Makes me wonder if anyone's tried him out for this fight:

- Incinerate removes Klyntar buff, which reduces buffs proccing
    - Can often safely inflict enough debuffs to benefit from knocking Venom down
    - If RNG doesn't give enough debuffs, then you can build Power hitting into block and throw SP2 for solid damage without knocking him down...

I mean, mines only R2 so far, but he seems to have a decent kit for this particular challenge. Anyone?

He works ok. It’s doable. For a similar concept, sunspot works far better though.

• SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Huge thanks to this thread…i had overlooked howard even after his buff so he didnt even cross my mind…did a practice fight against WS to get a feel for mash and then got the solo against venom with with 6* r1 in my second attempt

This is the summer of pain people go in with high ranked champs :lol: ive seen r4s do it tho. Time is the same cause all you need is 2 s2s either way. Time is not similar. Morningstar can do it in under 1 minute
    This is just not true. Two sp2’s doesn’t kill him, but it nearly kills my r1 six star. 3 sp2’s and Morningstar is dead, venom is alive.

Jeez... why are you arguing go watch some videos ffs
    The videos are entertaining but misleading. It is very rng dependent with Morningstar because of mystic ward. I’ve tried it a few times and it doesn’t work well because of rng. So it takes a lot of takes to get that great take down video.
    Ive litterally not seen a single person fail who attempted aswell as doing it several times myself for fun. But im done arguing over this
    I just tried with r5 Morningstar, and she died after THREE sp2’s, and venom was still alive.

Huge thanks to this thread…i had overlooked howard even after his buff so he didnt even cross my mind…did a practice fight against WS to get a feel for mash and then got the solo against venom with with 6* r1 in my second attempt

He was the first champ I thought of when I saw the nodes. He is one of my favorite incursions champs so that’s mainly why I didn’t overlook him.

The videos are entertaining but misleading. It is very rng dependent with Morningstar because of mystic ward. I’ve tried it a few times and it doesn’t work well because of rng. So it takes a lot of takes to get that great take down video.
    Ive litterally not seen a single person fail who attempted aswell as doing it several times myself for fun. But im done arguing over this
    I just tried with r5 Morningstar, and she died after THREE sp2’s, and venom was still alive.
    Sorry to tell you. Its not her thats the issue
    I thought you were done? You just continue to give false info.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 837 ★★★

It’s actually not RNG dependent at all. If my interpretation is correct, Morningstar’s bonus energy damage is for each buff on the opponent, rather than buffs nullified.

The sp2 nullifies at the end of the special, which mystic ward stops (more often than not). But the damage is still there because her bonus energy damage is not based off of buffs nullified - it’s based on buffs on the opponent.

At least that’s how I understand this:

‘Each hit of this attack deals X bonus energy damage for each buff on the opponent, when the attack is triggered’

The following line states:

‘100% chance to nullify all buffs’

Since the damage dealt is based on opponent buff count, building more buffs will result in more damage. It could be that other players simply built up more buffs than you did per sp2, therefore dealing more damage on each sp2, reducing the amount of sp2s needed to finish the fight.
    Hazzalec1 said:

Since the damage dealt is based on opponent buff count, building more buffs will result in more damage. It could be that other players simply built up more buffs than you did per sp2, therefore dealing more damage on each sp2, reducing the amount of sp2s needed to finish the fight.
    Thanks for the thoughtful response. But yet I waited until he maxed out his number of buffs before I attempted any sp2. And still the damage back was much worse than damage given.
    edited July 2021

Hazzalec1 said:

Thanks for the thoughtful response. But yet I waited until he maxed out his number of buffs before I attempted any sp2. And still the damage back was much worse than damage given.
    Hmm. I’ve tried my 6* r1 lvl 1 Morningstar (roughly equivalent to an r3 5*) and she got him down around 75% or so before I died, but I wasn’t playing perfect.

https://youtu.be/7kkixx4GeBU

I believe this may help you?

Edit: this is not my video. It’s from the channel BMcG. I just found it after a quick search.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 301 ★★
    Lpoo said:

I found Claire as the best option for me, but also know her playstyle

She makes it too easy, really. Miss heavy, hit heavy and shave 7% off him, sp2 if his buffs stop fitting on the screen. As easy as going for DH boss with Magneto.