**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost doesn't fit in tech class (?)

I've been thinking recently while playing with ghost: shouldn't ghost be a skill champion?
I understand the concept, her background story, her origins and everything. It all makes sense for her to be a tech champion, but...
For me, her kit and her play style fits more in the skill class! Guaranteed crits, big yellow numbers, furies and cruelties and evade counter, it sounds like a skill champion to me! Not a tech that usually have self-repair, armor, heal and power control, shock and some immunities

Do someone here thinks this as well or I'm just thinking too much?

Comments

• ExpertguiExpertgui Posts: 51
    Hoitado said:

She needs the Suit to Control her Powers otherwise she will be in constant pain

Corvus Has Guranteed Crits and Big Yellow Numbers and he is Cosmic.

Yes, but like I said, I'm not talking about the character, just her abilities in the game

And corvus fits well with the cosmic class because all these numbers are based on bonuses, which can be nullified
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    I was thinking Science, since she got her phasing powers from Quantum stuff like Ant-Man, not the suit (which iirc, just helps her control it better). Comics Ghost is tech though
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Does someone want to tell him about the mystic who cant nullify and excels at heal reversing(like a science champ)?
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Expertgui said:

I've been thinking recently while playing with ghost: shouldn't ghost be a skill champion?
    I understand the concept, her background story, her origins and everything. It all makes sense for her to be a tech champion, but...
    For me, her kit and her play style fits more in the skill class! Guaranteed crits, big yellow numbers, furies and cruelties and evade counter, it sounds like a skill champion to me! Not a tech that usually have self-repair, armor, heal and power control, shock and some immunities

You make champs follow class roles they gonna hit hard
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    ScarX said:

In the comics Ghost is a man who got bonded to some sort of tech manipulating suit, so yeah ghost definitely fits in the tech class.
    Take a look at this,
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_(Earth-616)

Yeah but since it's basically based off of the movie ghost could also be science.
    And wasn't ghost also an iron man villain in the comics?
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Class archetypes have gotten really annoying in my eyes.
    I don't want nearly every Champion in that class to have similar abilities/functions.

Why does tech need to be armour/immunities/power control? Cosmic with tons of buffs, science with tons of debuffs...
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    A lot of champs fit into multiple classes.
    Take black panther and Killmonger, they get their superhuman abilities from both a plant that grows from a meteorite from space and their suits from the metal of said meteorite. so really they could go into cosmic, science, tech and skill.
  • ScarXScarX Posts: 65

Yeah but since it's basically based off of the movie ghost could also be science.
    And wasn't ghost also an iron man villain in the comics?

Yup, ghost is an iron man villain, don't know why they changed that in the movie.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Class archetypes are archaic.

Give me a Science Aegon already.
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★

Does someone want to tell him about the mystic who cant nullify and excels at heal reversing(like a science champ)?

Which mystic is that?
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,495 ★★★★★
    Holros said:

Which mystic is that?
    OG guillotine
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    Expertgui said:

So you know better than Marvel?
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Ghost does have very uncharacteristic abilities for her class but to be fair I don’t think she really fits into any class so she is fine in tech. It’s kinda like how Dragon-man feels more like a cosmic than a mystic
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Classes were a bad design choice imo.

It'd be different if Kabam was working with their own IP, but having to shoehorn existing characters into arbitrary classifications is too difficult when you have to keep them roughly equal. Especially if you wanna utilize the popular characters.

A less restrictive, and easier-to-manage system would've been to utilize #tags -- as with AW tags, and certain champs like Blade and Hitmonkey.

Of course, hindsight is 20-20 and all that.