**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• Beavis_936Beavis_936 Posts: 32
    I’ve got to ask, has anyone paid attention to the frequency of issue by character? I’ve noticed for me, the issue is occurring more frequently with Red Mags than some of my other characters.

Just curious if it’s happening that way with others.
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Hilldar said:

Aren’t people over playing this way too much? I did cav EQ, uncollected EQ, and one run through 7.2 including the gwenmaster fight in the past 10 days. Is the parry bug a thing? Yes it is and I did die a few times because of it. But I’d say it’s 10% harder, not 100% harder. People are acting like you can’t even play the game right now. I think it’s more of an excuse by players that aren’t quite as good as they could be than it is an issue you can’t figure out how to deal with.

They're just looking for any reason to cry for free stuff
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

If I had a quarter for every thread complaining about parries I have seen today I would have like… a dollar

16 more for the daily unit card
  • Deuce2180Deuce2180 Posts: 121
    Hilldar said:

Aren’t people over playing this way too much? I did cav EQ, uncollected EQ, and one run through 7.2 including the gwenmaster fight in the past 10 days. Is the parry bug a thing? Yes it is and I did die a few times because of it. But I’d say it’s 10% harder, not 100% harder. People are acting like you can’t even play the game right now. I think it’s more of an excuse by players that aren’t quite as good as they could be than it is an issue you can’t figure out how to deal with.

Wow just wow. Sorry everyone is not on your Goldy level. Please teach us the way oh great one.
  • Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94
    Another thing to note:

Once you miss one parry, you will frequently get plowed by multiple combos, or a combo followed by a special with zero time between the combo and the special.

I’ve tried
    Releasing and reapplying block: doesn’t work
    Holding block the whole time: doesn’t work
    Dashing back: doesn’t work

Is it possible the ‘combo lockout’ or whatever it’s called is part of the problem?

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Thanks. We needed another thread on this.

Looks like a job for moderation, no? Would be nice to either clear threads or consolidate.

Dr. Zola
    Haven't you heard? I work for Kabam.
    That’s what everyone seems to be saying at least
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 191 ★★
    Jabally said:

Hilldar said:

People have different levels of the issue. What you have to understand is that we shouldn’t have to deal with this at all and there should be comp for it because it is screwing people over. You say it’s an excuse but Kabam literally said to not to harder content, and not everybody is at the insane level that your at right now- your a content clearing machine! Stop thinking about yourself

I don’t understand how people have “different levels of the issue” as you stated. Wouldn’t it be the same for everyone if it’s a bug in the game itself? Are people having different levels of the issue, or are people dealing with the issue at different levels. I think it’s the latter.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Yeah tonight is the first time I’ve felt like I can’t be bothered since the update.
    Smacked in the face in aq and aw by dash attacks where it kind of skips a frame and there’s nothing you can do.
  • Ezra_PoundEzra_Pound Posts: 109
    Can we please have an update on this issue? Just someone suggesting when this nightmare might end? I mean, we will surely be happier if we understand a rough guess of a date? And if you don’t want to do that, then give us something to tide us over. Even a five star Crystal? Just something to show you’re thinking about us. This is such a pain and then there’s the silence.
  • WilkopuppyWilkopuppy Posts: 22

Another thing to note:

Once you miss one parry, you will frequently get plowed by multiple combos, or a combo followed by a special with zero time between the combo and the special.

I’ve tried
    Releasing and reapplying block: doesn’t work
    Holding block the whole time: doesn’t work
    Dashing back: doesn’t work

Is it possible the ‘combo lockout’ or whatever it’s called is part of the problem?

This happens to me all the time now. Once I get hit once it’s like the entire parry/block timing gets changed on me and I just keep taking combos to the face. The only way I’ve found to get it back is to try to dash all the way to the other side of the screen and hopefully get a long dash from the computer, I can usually parry that. But if the AI stays aggressive I just get hammered until I die most of the time.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I'm currently exploring 7.2.6 and I've had the not being able to dash back bug a few times now

Fml
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★

Fun game: Take a shot everytime someone creates a compensation post on the forums.

Everytime someone makes one of these threads I take an antidepressant
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

Hilldar said:

Jabally said:

Hilldar said:

People have different levels of the issue. What you have to understand is that we shouldn’t have to deal with this at all and there should be comp for it because it is screwing people over. You say it’s an excuse but Kabam literally said to not to harder content, and not everybody is at the insane level that your at right now- your a content clearing machine! Stop thinking about yourself

I don’t understand how people have “different levels of the issue” as you stated. Wouldn’t it be the same for everyone if it’s a bug in the game itself? Are people having different levels of the issue, or are people dealing with the issue at different levels. I think it’s the latter.
    What don’t you understand? I play on ipad2, some play on iPhones 7,8,9,10 etc..., some play on Samsung, some on google, some in asia are playing on devices we don’t even have in the west. Some are playing with different operating system updates etc... and hardware is different from country to country, and the game has to work on all of them. Yes it’s complicated but other companies do fine. Kabam is a mess
    You think other companies do fine? Which companies are you referring to?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Right now they're still working on the actual root cause and it seems like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel coming shortly with the beta next week but until then we really don't know how bad it's going to be in once we really see how bad it is and get through that light, then a proper discussion of compensation I believe is coming.
  • TheLegionMasterTheLegionMaster Posts: 380 ★★★
    2 compensation packages? I didn’t get a second one?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

2 compensation packages? I didn’t get a second one?

The AQ ones? You never received them? Are you part of the crew?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Hilldar said:

Jabally said:

Hilldar said:

Most likely that different devices behave differently with the mechanics issues. Some issues tend to affect an Android or iOS differently.

It’s unusual for the team to issue multiple batches of relief and post a warning about doing content. That’s typically wouldn’t happen without confirmation on their end that something was awry. But if you aren’t experiencing anything, I’d suggest offering up your information to the team—perhaps there’s a clue in there somewhere they could use to solve the problem.

Dr. Zola
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    DrZola said:

Hilldar said:

Jabally said:

Hilldar said:

Most likely that different devices behave differently with the mechanics issues. Some issues tend to affect an Android or iOS differently.

It’s unusual for the team to issue multiple batches of relief and post a warning about doing content. That’s typically wouldn’t happen without confirmation on their end that something was awry. But if you aren’t experiencing anything, I’d suggest offering up your information to the team—perhaps there’s a clue in there somewhere they could use to solve the problem.

Dr. Zola
    Well for me it's more of an iso problem than Android as I have multiple accounts and play on various devices. For insurance, I play with iPad mini 4 and an iPad 6th generation. With the iPad mini the game crashes along with having the dropped inputs and dex/parry issue. On the 6th generation ipad it's not so much. Maybe a missed parry here and there. Now on my Android (phone RVVL5G with snap dragon processor) I have very little issue. Every once in awhile I might have a lag here and there and a dex failing at times but no parry problems for the most part. I do believe it's a per device issue depending on what processor is being used for that device. Just my two cents from I've had happen on the multiple devices I use.