**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• McOBGMcOBG Posts: 47 β˜…
    For me, I lost a champ in AQ, EQ, and 2 in arena, losing me the 3x multiplier. I’m not going to start from scratch.

It is so frustrating, especially since it can’t be adjusted to.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,988 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021
    I've been playing perfectly normal, no issues here
  • Deuce2180Deuce2180 Posts: 121 β˜…
    McOBG said:

For me, I lost a champ in AQ, EQ, and 2 in arena, losing me the 3x multiplier. I’m not going to start from scratch.

It is so frustrating, especially since it can’t be adjusted to.

Same it's been a nightmare day
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think it’s worse at start of aq when more people are playing The game in general, but that’s just an observation from my gameplay, it’s also morning time in my Timezone so more people will be on the server checking into game, possibly related to the lag, it definitely comes and goes, war has been worst for me, aq not too bad, another observation is it’s the fights with a lot going on in terms of buffs and debuffs that seem to trigger lag sometimes as well
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 β˜…β˜…
    Bullwinkle's
    Terra said:

I've been playing perfectly normal, no issues here

Is this sarcasm? If not, what device?
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126 β˜…
    Dang .. I can’t believe this has not been fix. Kabam clean up this mess!
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    As someone on an apple phone I can tell you that my game is no worse right now than it was this morning. It’s the exact same as the last two weeks. Not sure what’s going on with your ally.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I guess it's on you not on the game itself. I played as normal as usual.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021

I've never had the bug
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I've never had the bug

I missed a lot of parry because I suck. Couldn't find anything unusual when I didn't.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Reference said:

Did anyone experience an issue that the champ dash backward when you try to use heavy?

No. It might be a bug or you just accidentally swiping the screen a bit.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This update has made performance all the way around drop for me, random lag spikes, failed parry/dex, and frequent crashes. On IOS with a Ipad from 2018 so no reason it should be this bad.
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 414 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It is for sure getting worse for me too...Specials I could dex in my sleep are now clipping somehow. Parry timing is way off, and it affects my dex timing too. I hope this is resolved quick...
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Good old Mr. Holl, what happened this time? Did you start taking rock damage from hitting Korg through block?

Ahhhh ya beat me to it.

Nah but fr holl I got an iphone 7 and besides fights with 7 frames a second, parry and dex fails about 1% of the time. And that could just be me being bad idk.
  • MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102 β˜…
    Drummer16 said:

Pachrique said:

Seraph said:

I can't imagine how many players you lost in the past 10 days

Probably not many.
    Probably many.
    Proof?
    I'll say, I've already uninstalled the game. I've played since 2016. But as a developer my self, it's pretty inexcusable that something like this happened.

Their development sprints are so poorly managed that I can't deal with it anymore. There's no way something like this should have gotten through unit testing, review, QA testing, and UAT (which they obviously don't use) if something like this happened at my company the entire team would be replaced. But that's just me.
    Same man. I have been creating software at startups since 2006, and I am a Director of Software Architecture now helping approve all design/product/architecture/DB decisions, mentoring/pairing with team members, implementing entire SDLC process (they used excel when I first got there and now were are running many teams in scrum of scrums lol), helping build the terraform to scale our infrastructure, etc. etc.

I am in disbelief Kabam didn't simply revert or figure out what changes you made even using just pure guesswork if you don't know your devs don't understand your codebase by reverting game mechanic changes 1 by 1 in the amount of time it has taken. This would never stand where I work and we have to maintain 3 9s of functioning product uptime, and we would have had a hotfix if a product-breaking issue slipped through our process. Seriously, I will come work for you if you guys need help. If I had to guess based on observation, the original devs probably left when Netmarble acquired you and you lost all the subject matter expertise that they had regarding the code and side effects from changing areas in the game, which snowballs further into a positive feedback loop of a high turnover rate. I don't remember the game really having ANY noticeable bugs prior to 12.0 being released, which was the first release after Kabam was acquired.

Let me know if you need help. I probably know the product requirements better than many of your own employees having played since 2016. I'm not trying to sound elitist or be condescending towards your team or process, but rate of game-breaking bugs and community frustration should be worrying when you guys are losing so much revenue (or maybe you aren't and that's why you haven't invested in code quality). This is what happens when tech debt is ignored and turnover is high. It's sad to see for a game that has had so much potential. I just cannot understand how after over a week "you think" you have a fix and didn't revert the mechanics changes and figure this out on a branch instead of making the community suffer.

Otherwise, it is a bummer to not be able to play the content.

They just want us to all go enjoy Realm of Champions. It works better than MCoC for now; if you can deal with the heavy server lag and immense battery drain. Oh yeah, then there’s the whole β€œGear” initiative! πŸ˜…
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66 β˜…
    This issue has taken longer to resolve than it should have. Parry is one of the most important functions of the game
  • StarLord_OutlwStarLord_Outlw Posts: 53 β˜…
    Sounds like MCOC went into this month with a cascading failure mod and now the dev team is planning out their item usage before calling it quits.