**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The mighty charge description and functionality was changed, and there's ZERO announcements about it

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
While everybody is busy talking about the silent changes to bishop, here's something else I found.

This is an old screenshot I took of the former description of mighty charge node (and luckily I did). The part I highlighted was just to display a typo back then.

BUT APPARENTLY THERE'S A NEW DESCRIPTION TO THIS NODE! Might seem like a small change, but here's some implications:
So just removing that one line of text implies this: AA, apoc (he actually completely countered the node in the past), omega red, sunspot, and whatever other champs can counter purify in any way are now absolutely NEUTERED on this node. If you don't believe me, check it out on the mighty charge path in variant 4.1.2.

What's another implication? AAR doesn't appear to counter it anymore. Before the update, you had a ton of people using mags against the punishing angel boss in act 7.1.5. Does he still work there? Sure he would. But before, he could shut down the node with AAR, and get parries on her dash attack very consistently. Welp, I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen anymore. Quake could also counter the node in the past with her concussion preventing the node effects, but not anymore. I first noticed this when exploring 6.2.6 and fighting gulk. At first I thought it was just me, until I tried on that variant path and noticed the silent description change.

What could this be foreshadowing? What are kabam's plans with this node in the future? Well I honestly don't know, but what's annoying is that they'd make such a change and not make and announcement about it.

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Nice of you to point this out.
    I don't know why they would change these things without announcement and since they aren't going to revert it back, well all we can do is adapt...
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I don't know why they would change these things without announcement and since they aren't going to revert it back, well all we can do is adapt...

Did you not see my comment above yours. It was in the change log back in October.
    Faseeh said:

Mags and aa dont shut off the node now. annoying af

I can't test this. My mags is stuck in aq. I will check it as soon as he is free. Never used AA for that node since all debuffs get shrugged off.
    Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

Did you not see my comment above yours. It was in the change log back in October.
    You're wrong, buddy. Please stop spreading false info about such a sensitive subject matter.
    What sensitive subject matter? The description was changed in Oct2020 and not it has been reverted again. May be a bug, may be it was missed in the change log. But, the node itself is working as it always has. Debuff immune while dashing till the dash ends.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

You commented while I was reading and researching the aspect of the node.
    The page doesn't get refreshed automatically.

Even tho it's in change log... the Node itslef is changed not the ability of bwcv.

Pulyaman said:

This is a screenshot from BG's stream on Dec2019 when he explored V4-Ch1. As you can see the description was the same as what it is now.
    They changed the description on Oct2020 to your first screenshot which is marked in red. I think what happened was the interaction with AA and Apoc may have been unintentional and they reverted it. But, the node has always worked like this. Any debuff on the defender gets removed when they dash and they also become immune to debuffs till the dash ends. But there was no intimation on the change back to the old description.

This screenshot is for mighty charge-2 and not mighty charge-1
    The descriptions themselves don't change that much. The OP actually asked to refer that particular node in his post.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

You commented while I was reading and researching the aspect of the node.
    The page doesn't get refreshed automatically.

Even tho it's in change log... the Node itslef is changed not the ability of bwcv.
    Ya, I think they missed something there. But, the node description was changed after that update.
    Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

This is a screenshot from BG's stream on Dec2019 when he explored V4-Ch1. As you can see the description was the same as what it is now.
    They changed the description on Oct2020 to your first screenshot which is marked in red. I think what happened was the interaction with AA and Apoc may have been unintentional and they reverted it. But, the node has always worked like this. Any debuff on the defender gets removed when they dash and they also become immune to debuffs till the dash ends. But there was no intimation on the change back to the old description.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/215011/claire-voyant-and-mighty-charge-title-edited-for-clarity/p1

This is a thread I made last year. The node always worked to purify debuffs as IT WAS CLEARLY STATED BY A MOD IN THIS THREAD. I noticed that Claire wasn't gaining charges, and I believe I even attached a few videos to it. Because of this, they changed the description to what is in that picture you screenshotted in the changelog. And the "purify" text was added. The node always purified debuffs first and foremost, which means champs like apoc could counter it. But with this update is the first time the node has worked differently, simply because it was SILENTLY CHANGED.

So are you gonna tell me that it's a ffair approach they took? Like seriously? Make such a change and keep their lips closed about it? Like seriously?
    First, calm down. Second, I said in my earlier post that the node has worked like that. I think they did not take into account the interaction with OR or Apoc and changed it back to the old description. This discussion happened in Aug2020, Apoc released in Nov2020 and the description was changed in Oct2020. So, they may have missed it. I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the devs. There have been instances that they have missed certain things in the updates, it could also be a bug. No need to raise the pitchforks before any mod responds.
    Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/215011/claire-voyant-and-mighty-charge-title-edited-for-clarity/p1

This is a thread I made last year. The node always worked to purify debuffs as IT WAS CLEARLY STATED BY A MOD IN THIS THREAD. I noticed that Claire wasn't gaining charges, and I believe I even attached a few videos to it. Because of this, they changed the description to what is in that picture you screenshotted in the changelog. And the "purify" text was added. The node always purified debuffs first and foremost, which means champs like apoc could counter it. But with this update is the first time the node has worked differently, simply because it was SILENTLY CHANGED.

So are you gonna tell me that it's a ffair approach they took? Like seriously? Make such a change and keep their lips closed about it? Like seriously?
    First, calm down. Second, I said in my earlier post that the node has worked like that. I think they did not take into account the interaction with OR or Apoc and changed it back to the old description. This discussion happened in Aug2020, Apoc released in Nov2020 and the description was changed in Oct2020. So, they may have missed it. I am giving the benefit of the doubt to the devs. There have been instances that they have missed certain things in the updates, it could also be a bug. No need to raise the pitchforks before any mod responds.
    Fair enough. I'll try to be calm then. Although, I'm fairly sure the mods are gonna air this thread like with the bishop issue.
    Ya. The issue is a valid one. There was no information regarding the change which is odd because when there is a change, it is usually indicated in the change log and What bishop issue?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

Fair enough. I'll try to be calm then. Although, I'm fairly sure the mods are gonna air this thread like with the bishop issue.
    Ya. The issue is a valid one. There was no information regarding the change which is odd because when there is a change, it is usually indicated in the change log and What bishop issue?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/272724/bishop-sp3-buff-ability-nerfed#latest
    This one.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    I've tested this with a bunch of champs and here's what I've found.

Bishop: When the opponent dashed in and they had a debuff on them, they took energy damage. When I went to parry against a skill champ, I didn't get a passive stun.

Sunspot: When the opponent dashed in whilst they had incinerates on them, I gained a small trickle of power

Havok: Opponent took around 1500 energy damage when they dashed in whilst having 2 plasma debuffs on them. (My havok is r4)

Apoc: Debuffs were being removed

Conclusion: the node works as it was described in the first screenshot provided by OP
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

Bishop: When the opponent dashed in and they had a debuff on them, they took energy damage. When I went to parry against a skill champ, I didn't get a passive stun.

Sunspot: When the opponent dashed in whilst they had incinerates on them, I gained a small trickle of power

Havok: Opponent took around 1500 energy damage when they dashed in whilst having 2 plasma debuffs on them. (My havok is r4)

Conclusion: the node works as it was described in the first screenshot provided by OP

We wanted to see if aa and/or mags would be able to reduce its ability accuracy becuz if they can't, tis a problem.

Kabam themselves have confirmed it. Defenders purified the debuffs when they dashed. That is why the description was changed. I think they worked out a way to make them immune and changed it back without any announcement. That or this is a bug which. Hope a mod responds to this.
    Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

Kill_Grey said:

Pulyaman said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/272724/bishop-sp3-buff-ability-nerfed#latest
    This one.
    That seems screwed up. Yes, I saw videos where bishop carried over the Sp3 from one fight to another. Seems kabam needs to answer there too. I was so optimistic too.