**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

1* black panther buff

BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
Was just running the annoying biohazard v4 path to use up expiring revives and it occurred to me that 1* colossus never got the buff because his abilities were far too complex for new players to comprehend or something of the sort. I mean he’s still better than old 1* colossus played completely sub optimally.

Anyway, BP is my only 1* bleeder and discover fighting the boss that he did get buffed. Aren’t his abilities and skillcap way more advanced and than colossus?

What’s that all about?

MCOC consistency in a nutshell. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Best guess is they figured since BP 2.0 requires a more aggressive playstyle than Colossus, it's a non-issue for noobs.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Miike answered this once

Was about parrying being hard for newer players or something
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★

Miike answered this once

Was about parrying being hard for newer players or something

Defo harder than backdrafts and intercepts at the moment
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Twisting words a little. We didn't say that Parry is harder than Intercepting, but that a Stun is a brand new mechanic that players are not familiar with at the beginning of the game. Intercepting is not necessary to win a fight with Black Panther, and you could more or less do it and not notice anything happened.

It might seem simple to you now, but you're looking at this through the lens of somebody that's been playing for a while, and parry and stun and all those other crazy mechanics are all second nature at this point. The first few hours/days of a game like this are carefully curated to ensure that new players are learning and growing at an intended rate

Keep in mind that 99% of 1-Star use is by players in their first few hours in-game, and Variants make up a very small portion of their use.

Thanks for clarifying.
    I'm not sure if this is intended but Act 1.1.2 has Sparky as a defender. He's got both evade and stun. Will probably be confusing for a new player if they're fighting someone who randomly dodges their attacks and combos them into oblivion. I doubt anyone playing Act 1 know enough about specials to avoid them.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    @Berjibs @Furious_Fighter1
    Not this again....

It's got nothing to do with intercept versus parry as a "learned" skill. Players have access to "intercept" from the moment they start the game. They can perform an intercept without even knowing that they're performing an intercept. They need to unlock parry as a mastery before they can do it.

Buffed Unawakened Colossus can stun on well timed block. In other words, you can be stunned by hitting Colossus before you unlock parry and therefore have the concept of parry stun gameplay.

This has nothing to do with how you use the champ as an attacker, but facing him as a defender.

They didn't change him, because they didn't want new players getting "randomly stunned" when attacking him.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    I think we all know the real reason and it has nothing to do with skill needed for either champ.
    Colossus has too many immunities and keeping the old crappy Colossus made the 1* map harder as i believe there was and Iceman and Mephisto on it.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

Thanks for clarifying.
    I'm not sure if this is intended but Act 1.1.2 has Sparky as a defender. He's got both evade and stun. Will probably be confusing for a new player if they're fighting someone who randomly dodges their attacks and combos them into oblivion. I doubt anyone playing Act 1 know enough about specials to avoid them.

That sparky doesn't have any abilities. Just activates a fury buff at the start to explain the concept of buffs
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Chikel said:

Thanks for clarifying.

That sparky doesn't have any abilities. Just activates a fury buff at the start to explain the concept of buffs
    Really? I didn't read his abilities and turned off dialogue a long time ago