**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is 6* Diablo worth R3?

Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I am a light spender with 27 R5 5*s or R2 6*s and 3 6* R3s (Corvus, Warlock, and WASP-TB rank up). I run suicides and have a 6* awakened Diablo. After his buff, I really like his easy playstyle, insane regeneration, and somewhat niche utility (ability to apply poisons at will, stun immunity, etc.). I have not had the luck of pulling Doom or Black Widow CV as 6*s and don't feel particularly hopeful about doing so. So what are your thoughts? Is Diablo worth R3? Or should I keep waiting for Doom or BWCV? Thanks!

Is 6* Diablo worth R3? 91 votes

Yes, rank 3 him
82%
LeNoirFaineantMr_PlatypusHaji_SaabRaganatorSpity68L_217ForwardCazXxicylovexXthanks4playingVerzzHarding7Lvernon15KennadoHammerbro_64pseudosaneLibertyPrimeV1LiquidkoldMoosetiptronicJuggerNot 75 votes
No, wait for Doom or BWCV
17%
the_eradicatorCaptain_007_zuffyJBC89Rbk19Cartoon217_Sham_OldAbe101stPhillip14233DawsManCeltic1981Lbravo184BuggyDClownAva_x1LtNuggetTheDuke14 16 votes
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Wow! I didn't think the voting would be so 1-sided in favor of R3-ing him! That is encouraging though.
  • Yes, rank 3 him
    he is suicide friendly and has utility now. worth it.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Yes, rank 3 him
    Just took mine to rank 2. I have Doom at r3 and before this buff was planning on taking Sorcerer Supreme to rank 3 next time I complete a mystic catalyst, but now I am re-evaluating. I switch my mastery setup as needed.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Yes, rank 3 him

. After his buff, I really like his easy playstyle, insane regeneration, and somewhat niche utility (ability to apply poisons at will, stun immunity, etc.).

Sounds like you’d enjoy him at r3 and that’s the important thing.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    I haven't had a chance to try Diablo much yet, but I was eyeing DM for a mystic R3, since no Doom or BWCV. Are the two roughly equal unduped? I plan on playing Diablo a bit to see how he feels before choosing, but I know I like DM.

I haven't had a chance to try Diablo much yet, but I was eyeing DM for a mystic R3, since no Doom or BWCV. Are the two roughly equal unduped? I plan on playing Diablo a bit to see how he feels before choosing, but I know I like DM.

Which 2 unduped are you referring to? DM and Diablo? After buff I find Diablo much better than DM, personally.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★

Which 2 unduped are you referring to? DM and Diablo? After buff I find Diablo much better than DM, personally.
    Yeah I have DM and Diablo both unduped. Took DM to R2 a while ago but outside some niche stuff he doesn't get much play. Want a more traditional mystic for my R3.

Yeah I have DM and Diablo both unduped. Took DM to R2 a while ago but outside some niche stuff he doesn't get much play. Want a more traditional mystic for my R3.
    I think Black Widow CV is one of the best. I don't have Doom as 5 or 6*, so she is the Mystic I use the most, but I think Diablo will be really good for every day questing (especially with suicides) because of his sustainability and poison damage and then will be really great in niche situations.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Yes, rank 3 him
    I'm r3ing Diablo unduped so that should tell you everything you need to know. My stance on the buff is that if you don't have a 5 or a 6* iBom (hell even if you do have an iBom tbh), Diablo is a more than worthy substitute poison dealer.
    Kennado said:

I'm r3ing Diablo unduped so that should tell you everything you need to know. My stance on the buff is that if you don't have a 5 or a 6* iBom (hell even if you do have an iBom tbh), Diablo is a more than worthy substitute poison dealer.

I do have a 5* iBom. I honestly really like Diablo's ability to be stun immune. Nodes like Encroaching stun are really annoying if you don't get the special off at the right time so I think he could be really handy there and he has the consistent heal and easily applies poisons. Definitely think I will R3 Diablo and will R5 iBom at some point. I currently have 10 T5Bs and all the T4CCs I need to rank them both and haven't even started 7.2 yet.
    Thanks everyone for your input! I decided to go for it!

So...no regrets, but after Carina's Mystic Dispersion Challenge...

No regrets though on Diablo. After SOP I will will be able to take up BWCV to R3 also, and I have a 5/65 version for now as well. Just can't believe it actually happened. I know they say stuff like this happens, but it actually happened to me! 😂
  • Yes, rank 3 him
    sweet congrats!
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Yes, rank 3 him
    id probably r3 him over claire even, ngl.
    No_oneuk said:

Idk if I would rank him higher than her, but he is definitely up there!! I think he is probably right below her. He is really fun to play and great for every day questing. I used him quite a bit for exploring Cavalier EQ. He was good for both Chapter 3 bosses.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Yes, rank 3 him

No_oneuk said:

Idk if I would rank him higher than her, but he is definitely up there!! I think he is probably right below her. He is really fun to play and great for every day questing. I used him quite a bit for exploring Cavalier EQ. He was good for both Chapter 3 bosses.
    im just struggling to think of more situations that claire is used in than he is - i think in the long term he would get more mileage than she would as a rank up - from my use of both characters as rank 5's.
    No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

im just struggling to think of more situations that claire is used in than he is - i think in the long term he would get more mileage than she would as a rank up - from my use of both characters as rank 5's.
    Well, she has more utility/immunities, although she can only access one of those immunities at a time. Her Buff Immunity is better than his nullify and she has power control as well. So I think in certain situations she is better, but Diablo is still great and I enjoy him a lot!
    Also just pulled...

😂
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    No, wait for Doom or BWCV

Also just pulled...

😂

UH OH