**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Advice on champs to look out for please

LycanthropeLycanthrope Posts: 30
edited November 2017 in Strategy and Tips
Just looking for champs I should be aware of, so that when I eventually get them I'm not ignorant to the gem I've just acquired so they don't end up being neglected. Reasons why would be appreciated also please.

Comments

• wolvi-regen god
    aa-insane dmg and utility
    dv-grt utility
  • AA??
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    How about some from each class?

Mutant - Wolverine (bleed, regen), X23 (same), ArchAngel (high damage), Iceman (damage, defense)
    Skill - Gwenpool (high damage, power control, bleed), Elektra (bleed, damage, defensive ability reduction)
    Science - Hulk (damage, poison immunity), WW2 Cap (Blocking ability, bleed), Quake (defensive ability reducer, damage, great for mystic champ control)
    Mystic - GR (regen, bleed, fury, fate seal), Voodoo (regen, poison, power control), Magik (power control, defense)
    Cosmic - Hyperion (damage, poison immunity), Thor (damage), Phoenix (damage, regen), Angela (damage), Drax (damage, bleed)
    Tech - Starlord (damage), Vision (power control, heal block), Stark Spider-Man (damage, power control), Yondu (damage, bleed, heal block, defense), Howard the Duck (damage, defense, regen),

There are some others who get a good nod, and a lot of champs really depend on who you like, and how you play. For instance, I really like Gambit, but I know he isn't loved by a lot of people. And I probably missed some. If you have questions about specific champs, I can expand a bit, but since your question was broad, I did this.

• Thanks for the detailed list, it's appreciated
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I would add:
    Mystic - Scarlet Witch: Everything. Just everything. Certainly less reliable regen trigger but arguably one of the best regens in the game. A lot of health and fast. Plus sp1 and 2 are large dmg dealers. Power control. Ability balancing etc.

Tech - Ultron: Very reliable healer, bleed and cauterize (turns bleeds into instant dmg), bleed and poison immune, Stuns. If dupped he converts % of energy attacks against him into health and power.

Doc oc - reliable ability triggers and good dmg

Mystic - Ghost Rider - great regen with reliable trigger. Power control. Controllable utilities.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    @SMiller80 Phoenix should really not be in that list. She's very weak probably not even in the top 50% of all champs, she's a budget Hyperion.

Howard the Duck is also worthless
    LoPresti wrote: »
    @SMiller80 Phoenix should really not be in that list. She's very weak probably not even in the top 50% of all champs, she's a budget Hyperion.

Howard the Duck is also worthless

Not if you play them right.
    Let me clarify my last statement. Sounds arrogant. Not meant to sound that way. That's what happens wen I am on my phone. Answers tend to be shorter.

I believe most champs are what you make of them. There are some great champs who require no special effort. Wolverine, for instance, is god-tier out of the box. You don't really need to know anything, except that his power bar determines how much he regens per tick.

But most of the best champs aren't like that. Take Hyperion. He is a god-tier champ, and clearly one of the best in the game. But if you don't know you should parry/heavy, you will find him weak. Phoenix is like that as well, but even more complicated. You need to know how her regen works, time her furies, and it's going to take more of an effort to get all you can. But if you do, she's awesome. Not in the same tier as Hyperion, but is in the top of the cosmic class, imo.
    And Howard is also not worthless. Use his sp2, and watch him roll over opponents. I like to take him on quests. Plus, he's fun. Too little credit given to fun champs.
  • SMiller80 wrote: »
    And Howard is also not worthless. Use his sp2, and watch him roll over opponents. I like to take him on quests. Plus, he's fun. Too little credit given to fun champs.

Literally just got Howard and his SP2 is amazing... Love using him, great champ.