**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

More compensation for the parry/block fail bug?

EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Before I write what I'm about to write, let it be known that I am not one inclined to complain that we dont get too much free stuff in the game. Actually, I do believe that as time has passed by, Kabam has slowly but surely pegged down a somewhat ok rhythm on which to trickle down stuff to players as they need it. This is not necessarily free of course, it usually involves doing something in the game, but in general I have felt that the game has gotten better at rewarding me for doing content just with the right amount of stuff according to my progression level and ranking needs.

But this whole parry/block bug is a whole different ballpark. It just so happens that it came exactly on the time I had set apart for completing Act 6 and becoming TB ( just one selector away from R3ing my Warlock).

Was dead busy with life work until a week ago. Before that was slowly but surely building up my roster to tackle Act 6. The second half of July was the time I had sent apart to get Act 6 done. Yeah I received the whatever compensation package but I just finally took down 6.3.6 CAIW yesterday and now I'm outta of revives, boosts, pots and even units. 6.2 and 6.3 had me burn through all the units and pots I had been saving, was hoping they would carry me through till the grandmaster but nope, ran out at CAIW . No I am not the best player out there so I do depend on pots and rezzes for handling tough content. No I am not saying that if the parry/block bug weren't here I wouldn't have used pots, rezzes and units. I sure would have but what I'm saying is that that THE PARRY BUG HAS DEFINITELY RAISED THE COSTS OF HANDLING ACT 6. Because I am not the best dexxer, I run my maxxed sig R5 Guardian and CAIW. They are my bread and butter, the staple of my team. In fact, Guardian is there just to boost the BP of my other top champs such as HT, Warlock, Doom, etc. But the parry/block bug has had me clipped more often that I would normally be clipped, hence running out of pots, rezzes and units.

Now August will be here soon and my life/work will get busy again, no chance to focus on 6.4 . And I refuse to do 6.4 now with the parry bug still on the game. Even If I wanted to I dont have the units to do so, and I will definitely not reward Kabam by buying units from them when it is precisely their bug what that made me run out of units in the first place. And in the meantime I am losing on the chance of becoming TB and reap the rewards of the August TB calendar and the SoP objectives. It pisses me that I wont be able to get TB within the only two weeks of vacation I have. Wouldn't be surprised that they fix it by August when I'm already busy again to focus on the game for getting TB.

Again, I am not one to usually ask for free stuff but I do think that since this bug is of Kabam's making , and it is NOT a trivial bug (as it truly prevents you from completing tough content) I do believe that Kabam should keep the compensation coming until they fix it. They should compensate us weekly for each week they don't fix the bug. If this Wednesday the bug is still here, then each Wednesday we should get a compensation package for all the weeks to come on which the bug is still in the game.

Mic drop 🎤
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• RahultripathiRahultripathi Posts: 233 ★★
    How many units you spent to complete 6.3 I am at same juncture with parry bug I am holding off completing it.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    ItsDamien said:

I believe there should be compensation. I also believe that compensation should be handed out when the issue is resolved. I also believe that we were told that doing harder content isn't advisable. I also believe that we have enough threads about compensation and that opening a personal thread is just cluttering the forum.

While I agree with rhe sentiment, I think it's more complex that we realise. People cannot simply hold their progression till kabam can fix the bug. They may lose interest in the game. They may have hoarded resources for doing abyss or exploring act 6 which are affected by this bug. The fact that this bug affects different people differently means some may progress while others are hampered through no fault of their own.

I agree that there is no requirement of new threads for this. We have many threads already open for this issue. Creating new ones just clutters the forums.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Wozzy101 said:

The compensation given so far has specially been for the bugs impact on AQ whilst the Dev team work on fixing the issue. AQ is time sensitive, most other content in the game isn’t. You can choose to wait.

If they give you compensation now whilst the bug is still there, all that will happen is players will use compensation revives that will be wasted due to the bug. So people will be on here asking for more and more compensation. Just let this play out. Kabam has been really fair in the past with compensation when we have had the game outage issues. Wait for that and see if your happy with before we get another thread about this.

Event quest is time sensitive. I want that 10% t5cc nexus but i keep getting smacked in science eq trying to parry
    If you have red Hulk ranked up, you don't need to rely on parry.
    I held off on doing the KK 6.2.6 challenge as long as possible. But with my revives starting to expire, I decided to just get it done with. It cost me more because of failing to parry sometimes. But, it's not that big of a deal because I had a bigger stash. Cost me 25 revives, more than I would have liked, but it's done. Not everyone has the luxury of a huge stash,though.
    Pulyaman said:

Yeah, they should give out comp right now because of the Act 6 timer is going to expire and it will be gone forever.......

That's not OP's point. He is not asking for a full compensation. You cannot just ask players to hold off on difficult content till we figure this out and make them watch their items expire. I understand that giving compensation will need time to analyse the full impact of the problem in the game. But, they can take stop gap measures like they have done with aq. Give out a minimum set of revives and potions, extend the expiry time on items by a week or a month.
    It's going to be difficult, but it's not like everyone is asking for everything to be done on the first day of the bug. It's more than 2 weeks now. 14 days is the time for expiration on the overflow for revives and potions. So,its fair to expect some sort of compensation, even if it is the same as the first one
    My problem is that they are holding a beta to test Kabams fix but none of these people complaining about compensation or the parry bug are even talking about what's happening in the that beta. So many want it fixed but no one wants to help. It's even worse in the mega thread.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Im fairly certain that the issue wont be resolved until next update so i think we will be waiting until then. I get both sides of the arguement given the amount of time that has now passed perhaps there is a need for a small package to help the people running time sensitive content. Additionally i would also rather have a larger package at the end from a personal perspective just because i dont have any content to run atm. That doesnt mean i dont sympathise with players like the OP that are in a diffirent position to me. Ive kinda looked at this problem in a diffirent light and decided to use this situation to my advantage and work on my other skills like intercepting etc instead of relying on parry so ive in a strange way turned this into a positive personally.

Pulyaman said:

Yeah, they should give out comp right now because of the Act 6 timer is going to expire and it will be gone forever.......

That's not OP's point. He is not asking for a full compensation. You cannot just ask players to hold off on difficult content till we figure this out and make them watch their items expire. I understand that giving compensation will need time to analyse the full impact of the problem in the game. But, they can take stop gap measures like they have done with aq. Give out a minimum set of revives and potions, extend the expiry time on items by a week or a month.
    It's going to be difficult, but it's not like everyone is asking for everything to be done on the first day of the bug. It's more than 2 weeks now. 14 days is the time for expiration on the overflow for revives and potions. So,its fair to expect some sort of compensation, even if it is the same as the first one
    My problem is that they are holding a beta to test Kabams fix but none of these people complaining about compensation or the parry bug are even talking about what's happening in the that beta. So many want it fixed but no one wants to help. It's even worse in the mega thread.
    Kabam have asked people to help and people who are knowledgeable or have the time to contribute are doing that. Not everyone who play the game will want to contribute on that level. We have some people who have expertise of the interest join the beta.Most people just want to play the game without any issues.
    Again, I was in agreement with you in the first weeks, because it was just the start of an issue. Asking for compensation as soon as something crops up is madness. But we have 2 weeks gone now, so it's not unreasonable for people to ask something to tide them over.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    TL; DR but hope you get what you are looking for 👍
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

I don't think the beta has been released yet so there's nothing to talk about there.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1862074

For someone who wanted to be Cavalier just to get 5 star AG, I agree. The story is time-sensitive as Cavalier got much better rewards in Sentinel of Liberty objectives than Uncollected.
    But as mods have said, as soon as I became Cavalier, I stopped Act 6. So... You have to choose your battles.
    Still... I am also looking for revives and potions which I used for Cavalier progressions! Hopefully Kabam will compensate accordingly. 🙏
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Kabam have asked people to help and people who are knowledgeable or have the time to contribute are doing that. Not everyone who play the game will want to contribute on that level. We have some people who have expertise of the interest join the beta.Most people just want to play the game without any issues.
    Again, I was in agreement with you in the first weeks, because it was just the start of an issue. Asking for compensation as soon as something crops up is madness. But we have 2 weeks gone now, so it's not unreasonable for people to ask something to tide them over.
    I don't have the issue at all. And I've been pretty quiet on the whole topic and have submitted my videos to help show that on my device at least, it works.

I'm 100% for compensation. Totally agree that they will need to or will do something because it's a big issue but complaining about not being able to do act 6 or become TB is trivial right now. Both are optional and neither are going anywhere.
  • demonslayer5demonslayer5 Posts: 158
    edited July 2021
    i feel this parry is an important issue and we will need more than a few glory and revives. i am not able to get to through the side event hercules as every time i parry with cap infinity ,parry does not work and he gets a point for intercepting and has the damn protect on(i did this when herc has 0 charges ). you can also give compensation by removing nodes so that we would be able to clear some content .herc is super easy without protection node
    today I died to aq Beast cause parry did not work!, it annoys us a lot.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I don't have the issue at all. And I've been pretty quiet on the whole topic and have submitted my videos to help show that on my device at least, it works.

I'm 100% for compensation. Totally agree that they will need to or will do something because it's a big issue but complaining about not being able to do act 6 or become TB is trivial right now. Both are optional and neither are going anywhere.
    The content is not going anywhere. The resources hoarded for completing them will go away. What this wait also does is people will expect a BIG compensation at the end and will definitely be dissapointed imby whatever that comes. Giving away small chunks before that will mitigate some unrest.
  • GOTG said:

You can't get too much compensation for a made up issue.

This scam has lasted far too long already.

So you're one of those people
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

The content is not going anywhere. The resources hoarded for completing them will go away. What this wait also does is people will expect a BIG compensation at the end and will definitely be dissapointed imby whatever that comes. Giving away small chunks before that will mitigate some unrest.
    Lets not kid ourselves. There's no way there won't be a group that will be upset about what we end up getting. More so if there's no units involved (usually never the case). It could be bigger than last July and we'll see some people not happy with it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Just adopting a policy of regular communication would mitigate unrest. The start was good, but there’s been falloff off late.

The simple fact that the issues seem to be present for certain players but not for all should be helpful in deciphering the precise issue. At this stage, I’ve got to think that’s been pinpointed.

So why no fix yet? Is it thornier than anticipated? Does it require a full update (which may have its own set of issues)?

Just level with the community. Most players are willing to help and give the game team time to resolve. But keeping in touch helps fend off the sense that this won’t end well or that the fix won’t work for a portion of the player base.

Saying “don’t do content” works for the first week or so. Starting into week three, it’s reasonable to expect something more.

Dr. Zola