**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

King Groot Buff

ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 258 ★★
When is it live?

This makes it look like its done?

Comments

• ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 258 ★★

They always release a champion buff spotlight before the buff goes live which will be when the next update releases in 2 weeks

Ok thanks, just they worded it like it was live lol
  • Cap366Cap366 Posts: 130
    Wiredawg1 said:

Lmfao at his change being called a buff….you kept him same and added can’t be power controlled. He still trash with the change

For real, he's still as bad. Who's going to want to use him in a 100 second plus fight
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Lmfao at his change being called a buff….you kept him same and added can’t be power controlled. He still trash with the change

So you just didn’t read the spotlight then, neat.

They kept his base kit of regen, permanent armor break, stacking furies, poison, debuff shrugging, and bleed immunity, added power burn/drain immunity, and cranked the rest of it to 11. I’d say this looks very solid.

I’ll have to wait and see what the numbers look like in game, but 100 seconds of fight time really isn’t that long. And if he’s stacking five or six or more (which it looks like he can do fairly easily) of these 1000+ attack rating furies at that point, plus a substantial permanent armor break, those are gonna be some big numbers.
    You just proved my point of they just added no power control they kept rest same which is what I said in less words lol. And he could stack that amount before so no change there either
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Have a natural sig 60 6* KG, on paper the buff looks real solid. Excited to test him out.
  • IKON said:

Have a natural sig 60 6* KG, on paper the buff looks real solid. Excited to test him out.

gimme please. Im missing him as a 6* for so long, id love to pull him and awaken him.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

IKON said:

gimme please. Im missing him as a 6* for so long, id love to pull him and awaken him.
    1st time somebody has ever said those words
    Wiredawg1 said:

Wicket329 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

They kept his base kit of regen, permanent armor break, stacking furies, poison, debuff shrugging, and bleed immunity, added power burn/drain immunity, and cranked the rest of it to 11. I’d say this looks very solid.

I’ll have to wait and see what the numbers look like in game, but 100 seconds of fight time really isn’t that long. And if he’s stacking five or six or more (which it looks like he can do fairly easily) of these 1000+ attack rating furies at that point, plus a substantial permanent armor break, those are gonna be some big numbers.
    You just proved my point of they just added no power control they kept rest same which is what I said in less words lol. And he could stack that amount before so no change there either
    He wasn't getting an overhaul, he was just getting a mild update. If you wanted him to be rebuilt from scratch, what are some all grand suggestions you have to offer...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Never though I’ll say this… be jealous!! 😂😂😂

• pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,761 Guardian
    edited July 2021
    xNig said:

IKON said:

Never though I’ll say this… be jealous!! 😂😂😂

lol there is KM as well, another champ i want to awaken.

IKON said:

1st time somebody has ever said those words
    i generically awakened and pumped 199 sigs into my 5* way back. Ive always been a fan.
    Respect! Glad to see your faith is being rewarded.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I actually took KG cause I had an Elsa and Stealth to pump skill stones in, together with a R5 KM at sig 200. So wasn’t in a rush to dupe him.

Whereas KG’s regen will be pretty much adding more sustainability to a champ, which I’d prefer over damage.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Cool, I just pulled a 6 star KG on the 4th of July, now I just to get him awakened.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I'm a bit disappointed myself, and surprised how little they changed. His base attack is still the lowest in the game, and there's no mention of any improvement in his crit rate or damage. So his damage will still be pretty rubbish a minimum of 50% of the time.

He's really aimed at long, drawn-out fights - you'll hardly notice any difference from pre-buff for the first 26 seconds. Probably a bit more in the second 26, as you hopefully continue to stack up a few permanent Armour break debuffs, which will help a bit.

They've added Direct damage to his SP2 - I wonder if they've changed the actual Special damage, which is diabolical. I suspect the direct damage is to make up for that, but I hope I'm wrong.

I like the Immunity to Power Burn/Drain (no problem for Power Steal champs, of course...) but the biggest difference is really going to be the increased chance (from 9% to 20%) for him to stack up Fury buffs, which means that on his second and subsequent rotation through Malice, he'll have more damage. Of course, to get many of those Fury charges you'll either need to dish out or take hits, meaning you give your opponent power whilst not doing much damage, and then need to bait out specials whilst in your own high-damage phase.

The poison damage should be fairly good, if you hit it during your Malice phase, and you're Awakened, and you keep pausing it with Heavies.

So he's got a bit better; but he's remained a champion entirely designed to slowly, sustainably grind through content that other champs can race through. Sure, there's a place for that (SoP Mysterio, for example) and I'm happy for those of you who are happy, but: most of you who are excited already liked him.

I just don't think he's going to find huge numbers of new fans, after this buff. Sustainable but very slow and grindy just isn't all that appealing.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Wicket329 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Really showing off your inability to read
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    The additional 20% chance looks good when paired with the iBom synergy.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

And the Crossbones synergy too. This means he has 20% + 10% + 11%= 41% chance per hit to gain a fury charge while in cooldown.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★

And the Crossbones synergy too. This means he has 20% + 10% + 11%= 41% chance per hit to gain a fury charge while in cooldown.
    And those are two champions that are good and worth running. Not just useless synergy slots.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

And those are two champions that are good and worth running. Not just useless synergy slots.
    *cries in Mangog*

Anyway, King Groot was a champion I felt didn't need anything massive, just some tweaking and he'd be set.

I'll definitely try him out after the buff.