**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars Season 28 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    So this is the new trend we'll see for a while huh.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Change the map, this stale ass map has been here for over a year.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

This doesn't nerf anyone.
    If something, it only makes Ebony Maw fights a little longer

Yeah it’s not a nerf at all I don’t think, it’s meta changing and new nodes brought it to counter ghost and quake specifically. But I wish it didn’t counter champions who aren’t as effective as ghost and quake. Because that takes away the fun of using those champions. I think that’s a very bad move to counter champions who are caught in the crossfire of this node countering quake and ghost

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I’d have honestly preferred just a flat out ghost quake can’t take boss island fights gate, other miss and evade champs shouldn’t suffer because of those 2

Yeh, we all know this is to counter ghost and quake, they literally hint towards it in the post. There’s no need for kabam to try and be subtle about it and indirectly counter other champs who aren’t nearly as effective as those two.

A node that says Ghost can’t miss, and quake can’t evade, would be better than this.
    Yea there's nothing to be subtle about, they should've just made a node specific to both of them
    Or given them an exclusive AW tag and made a node preventing the # from evading/causing miss.

It's not like they don't have the tech to make nodes targeting character tags they've just decided to go about it the dumbest way possible
  • ZAN667ZAN667 Posts: 19
    so parry is broken and now you're adding true strike

It's a good way to make $$$ for Kabam
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    it’s only final boss so i don’t understand guys writing you nerfed quake or mr negative for it. they were already useless in the final boss node. and yeah i don’t have any problems with this tbh. let the people use new different options instead of cheesing something quick. we’ll start to see domino bosses and also officers will try to prevent corvus ramp ups. it’ll be interesting. good luck everyone.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

it’s only final boss so i don’t understand guys writing you nerfed quake or mr negative for it. they were already useless in the final boss node. and yeah i don’t have any problems with this tbh. let the people use new different options instead of cheesing something quick. we’ll start to see domino bosses and also officers will try to prevent corvus ramp ups. it’ll be interesting. good luck everyone.

It’s all of the boss island, not just the final boss
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★

This doesn't nerf anyone.
    If something, it only makes Ebony Maw fights a little longer

Yeah it’s not a nerf at all I don’t think, it’s meta changing and new nodes brought it to counter ghost and quake specifically. But I wish it didn’t counter champions who aren’t as effective as ghost and quake. Because that takes away the fun of using those champions. I think that’s a very bad move to counter champions who are caught in the crossfire of this node countering quake and ghost

Tbh, I was already prepared to see these nodes in the future ever since I saw it on the SoP event.
    I do get bothered by it, and I'm sure these are going to get added on every boss, on any content, from now on.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

So this is the new trend we'll see for a while huh.

Ghost and quake bans or people calling everything a nerf? Need you to be more specific lol
    Yes..... Lol
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Does true focus effect the dexterity mastery? Losing the ability to dex specials will have a bigger impact than not being able to use a couple of champs
  • Does true focus effect the dexterity mastery? Losing the ability to dex specials will have a bigger impact than not being able to use a couple of champs

it doesnt. Herc Cav Eq boss has true focus.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

It’s all of the boss island, not just the final boss
    oh it’s even better 🤩🤩🤩. finally we won’t see quake and ghost cheese everywhere. and trust me this will also harm piloting in high tiers because of the quake situation.
  • MightyDZAMightyDZA Posts: 19
    My main problem with this is that I feel like this is somehow the answer to the community asking Kabam to make the rest of our rosters more relevant. Limiting certain champion’s use does not equate to making other champs more relevant. I have no problem using other champs in war, but I do have a problem that the pool of usable champs isn’t as diverse or as large as it should be…and taking away some of the best options rather than figuring out how to make other options viable is the larger issue to me.

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    I understand that Kabam is "working hard" to get war where they want it to ultimately land. But if these efforts are any indication, each iteration just makes it worse. You can put all the lipstick on a pig that you want....still a pig.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Translation

We can’t nerf them outright so we will add nodes to diminish their viability. We know it takes skill to use them at their best and that is unfair to those people who can’t play them.

There is no reason for this to happen. Those of us who use “those champs” know that we have a “cheat code” to 90% of the game. But to flat out remove our ability to play at our best is asinine, sorry not sorry.

There goes me having fun in War. So now I have to use champs I don’t like playing.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Reward increase from the obvious increase in difficulty?
  • LuisBvvLuisBvv Posts: 139 ★★
    So now every player on path 2 will have to bring nick fury to counter void and all the debuffs being placed on you. That will be so enjoyable
  • DjmagsDjmags Posts: 115
    War should have a set number of exactly the same nodes on each tile. Then the attacker can keep on or turn off as many of these as possible. The more they keep on the more points they get for that tile. That way if people want to quake or ghost they can but they get less points.
  • KriskrizKriskriz Posts: 17
    I don't always play monthly quests and stuff
    I only play AQ & AW, got work
    AQ is like a job, boring, need to do
    AW! It's the only mode I enjoy and have fun
    I like using my Ghost in AW
    AW is the only reason, I like MCOC
    Decisions like these will make the situation even worse and will lose interest
    AW already been attached with Defender tatics
    That can counter miss/evade
  • KriskrizKriskriz Posts: 17
    Like Stubborn