**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 28 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KriskrizKriskriz Posts: 17
    We have issues with events, quests, bugs etc..
    Now AW is getting infected

Slowly we can also see AQ nodes having true strike/true focus

When comes to AQ, plan to decrease the number of tickets need to join AQ
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I’d have honestly preferred just a flat out ghost quake can’t take boss island fights gate, other miss and evade champs shouldn’t suffer because of those 2

I agree with this 100%, there are a lot of other champs that are getting hurt in these soft attempts to remove quake and ghost from aw
  • MightyDZAMightyDZA Posts: 19
    Djmags said:

War should have a set number of exactly the same nodes on each tile. Then the attacker can keep on or turn off as many of these as possible. The more they keep on the more points they get for that tile. That way if people want to quake or ghost they can but they get less points.

It would bring individual skill into the equation more, as well as a huge risk/reward factor that could potentially create the separation between good and Great War allys. Good idea mate!

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    theham said:

Seraphion said:

Haven't you learned from the massive negative feedback from last month cavalier skill node that had global healblock?

Noone likes this stuff. If you can't get creative with nodes that you have to slap a healblock on everything then you need to go back to the drawing board. Poor decision making.

I can kinda understand the Quake ban on mini boss Island bc she plays the game by not playing the game but I don't really understand the the Ghost ban.

She is strong I know that but I kept using her less and less since you introduced so many general Ghost counters (I don't not argue against that even tho I don't like it)

I mean half the new champ introductions have some counters to her so I don't think we need to double down on that.

Btw the tie-breaker is nice 👍🏻

100%. Everyone hated heal block in EQ so why add it to the most stressful game mode?
    Well bc f you. That's why :D
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

why would you rank ghost specifically for aw though she works almost everywhere

The fact this statement got disagreed so much shows how ridiculous the forums can be and the toxic that stays here. Ghost is arguably the best 6* in the game and is absolutely amazing in every game mode saying you ranked her for aw minis only either tells me you are lying and are just sour that they try to minimise her there or you actually have no idea how great she is and in that case i pity you.
    I actually have a 6* Ghost who benchwarms 99.99999999% of the time I HATE playing her. I will use her for specific nodes fights and that’s about it. I have more fun playing other champs even if they are less viable.

Same with Doom, I have a max rank, almost max sig 5* Doom that is played with maybe once or twice a month.

Just because a champ is “the best on the game” doesn’t mean they are fun to play for everyone. Id rather bring a champ that I enjoy using to 99% of my fights and use Ghost/Doom for those 1-3 fights in AW. So I can see why someone would only rank for a few reasons.
    I wasnt trying to argue whether you find her fun or not and neither was anyone else. She is useful everywhere and a great champ to rank and have whether you enjoy them or not. I dont find much fun in playing magneto but you can bet ill use him if theres anything metal.
    I wasn’t arguing either. And your statement about Magneto was exactly the point I was trying to make. I know she is useful but I only use her as a last resort.

Tomato tomahto
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    theham said:

What are the devs trying to achieve by adding more heal block? These changes were intended to reduce problems, not make them worse.

Every player in tier 1 heals to full or close to it before entering a fight and almost nobody assigns or brings in attackers that have regen in their toolkits just so they can heal and cost Kabam a revive or two.

All heal block does is hurt suicide users *not* for trying to heal but for trying to stay at equilibrium at best. It's punishment and very petty.

So don't use them if you take those fights 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Ebony_Naw said:

Mauled said:

Use other champs jesus. True focus may or may not be the way to go about it but I agree with Kabam's mentality. This game is all about change and evolution and exploring the breadth of your roster.

One of the main reasons I took my Ghost to R3 was for AW. The only reason I learned how to Quake was to use her in AW. Targeting nodes to nerf ghost/quake says more about their balancing issues and champion design philosophy than anything else. Seriously though, I’ve spent ~6-8 months investing every 6* sig stone I have into Ghost and her use for me is now significantly reduced if I can’t use her on the two hardest fights in AW.
    You honestly regret your ghost and quake investments because of AW? I honestly find that difficult to believe simply because both still have plenty of use elsewhere.
    I haven’t used Quake outside of AW ever. I pulled her after 100% Act 6 and only learned her for AW. AW is the only part if the game that is remotely competitive, hence the large investment into a meta champ
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,738 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Mauled said:

Use other champs jesus. True focus may or may not be the way to go about it but I agree with Kabam's mentality. This game is all about change and evolution and exploring the breadth of your roster.

One of the main reasons I took my Ghost to R3 was for AW. The only reason I learned how to Quake was to use her in AW. Targeting nodes to nerf ghost/quake says more about their balancing issues and champion design philosophy than anything else. Seriously though, I’ve spent ~6-8 months investing every 6* sig stone I have into Ghost and her use for me is now significantly reduced if I can’t use her on the two hardest fights in AW.
    You honestly regret your ghost and quake investments because of AW? I honestly find that difficult to believe simply because both still have plenty of use elsewhere.
    I haven’t used Quake outside of AW ever. I pulled her after 100% Act 6 and only learned her for AW. AW is the only part if the game that is remotely competitive, hence the large investment into a meta champ
    IDK how large an investment a 5* R5 is anymore. If you made the same argument for a 6* Ghost it would be a little more compelling. I wonder how many people would rank down Quake and Ghost if they gave champion specific rank down tickets.
    i definitely wouldn't rank mine down just because they weren't useful in AW. as always, adapt and onward!

Mauled said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Mauled said:

IDK how large an investment a 5* R5 is anymore. If you made the same argument for a 6* Ghost it would be a little more compelling. I wonder how many people would rank down Quake and Ghost if they gave champion specific rank down tickets.
    I.have a R5 Quake and R3 Ghost. I personally would rather both just get deleted from the game altogether and resource refunds issued. I basically never use either bc I think they're incredibly cheap and only have them ranked even in case some ridiculously unbalanced content comes out or if I decide to do a legend run. They're both terrible for game balance and should have been phased out ages ago
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Mauled said:

I.have a R5 Quake and R3 Ghost. I personally would rather both just get deleted from the game altogether and resource refunds issued. I basically never use either bc I think they're incredibly cheap and only have them ranked even in case some ridiculously unbalanced content comes out or if I decide to do a legend run. They're both terrible for game balance and should have been phased out ages ago
    Pretty much. How often have you heard the solution of just use quake or ghost for nearly all content. They aren't necessarily broken but it's definitely time to move on to newer things
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    wait a second so this True Focus stops me from using Elsa on Stunning Reflection?? how?
    Buttehrs said:

Mauled said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Mauled said:

Pretty much. How often have you heard the solution of just use quake or ghost for nearly all content. They aren't necessarily broken but it's definitely time to move on to newer things
    They're both absolutely broken
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Mauled said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Mauled said:

I think the reason you don't see as many people using them for everything is because they have grown bored of using them
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Djmags said:

War should have a set number of exactly the same nodes on each tile. Then the attacker can keep on or turn off as many of these as possible. The more they keep on the more points they get for that tile. That way if people want to quake or ghost they can but they get less points.

Sitting on my desktop is a draft post called "Adding the Three-Point Shot to Alliance War" that I have never posted but which articulates a variation of this idea. The main challenge is that when you start with an idea like this and consider what has to change to make it actually workable, you find you are completely rewriting the alliance war game mode. For example, consider scoring. How do you ensure someone doesn't just turn everything off and cruise through an easy mode map? But conversely, how do you ensure that the penalty for turning off one troublesome node isn't so high that doing so will cost a tier 1 alliance the war right from the start, making that option meaningless because it can't really be used.

There's no magic numbers that automatically work with the current scoring system, so you start to consider how wars themselves are scored in general. And you start thinking about what it means if every player could autotune their paths and thus rarely or ever die. And what that means for boosts and potions. Etc etc etc. You start thinking that maybe it would be better if the game mode was recreated from its foundations to take all of these things into account instead of trying to band-aid them.

Which would probably be a good thing actually, but also not the kind of thing the devs can do in an incremental update.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    theham said:

Seraphion said:

Haven't you learned from the massive negative feedback from last month cavalier skill node that had global healblock?

Noone likes this stuff. If you can't get creative with nodes that you have to slap a healblock on everything then you need to go back to the drawing board. Poor decision making.

I can kinda understand the Quake ban on mini boss Island bc she plays the game by not playing the game but I don't really understand the the Ghost ban.

She is strong I know that but I kept using her less and less since you introduced so many general Ghost counters (I don't not argue against that even tho I don't like it)

I mean half the new champ introductions have some counters to her so I don't think we need to double down on that.

Btw the tie-breaker is nice 👍🏻

100%. Everyone hated heal block in EQ so why add it to the most stressful game mode?
    I believe the developers are operating on an assumption that goes way back but seems to be driving many of their more recent alliance war changes. The belief is this: war is stressful in part because at the highest levels of competition deaths are rare. They are rare because players push very hard to optimize their play to not die (of course). But because players are very good at it, it puts pressure on everyone to match this level of performance. So the entire (top tier) player community enters a death spiral where there are few deaths, so there's lots of pressure to not be one of those few deaths, so there's even fewer deaths, so there's even more pressure to not be one of the few deaths.

The reason why the devs seem to be constantly *increasing* the difficulty of the game mode more players complain about the stress of, is because I believe they think if they increase the difficulty to a magic perfect value, they will break that death spiral and players will decide that it is impossible to reduce deaths to zero, and some players will ease up on the need to play death-free, which will cause the pressure to play death-free to drop by a very tiny amount, which will cause the spiral to work in reverse, causing the psychological pressure to play perfectly to "unwind" to a more psychologically acceptable amount.

On paper, this seems like a logical approach to the problem. However, if there was a proposition market out there that allowed me to bet on whether this was possible or not, I'd probably bet a very large amount of money on "impossible."

The great irony is the tie-breaking system they introduced at the same time almost completely eliminates the need to tweak difficulty, for reasons having to do with why death count even matters. Unfortunately, that seems obvious only to me.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I'm a quake and ghost player and I welcome this change. I just finally gave up suicides permanently last season so I hate that I can't use Prof X because I love the champ but all of us are tired of quaking everything and no boss is safe with Ghost. It's still nowhere near as bad as stubborn.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    This is hardly a surprise. They manage to make war worse every time.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    theham said:

What are the devs trying to achieve by adding more heal block? These changes were intended to reduce problems, not make them worse.

Every player in tier 1 heals to full or close to it before entering a fight and almost nobody assigns or brings in attackers that have regen in their toolkits just so they can heal and cost Kabam a revive or two.

All heal block does is hurt suicide users *not* for trying to heal but for trying to stay at equilibrium at best. It's punishment and very petty.

Kabam has always punished players for using suicides. I used them for 5 straight years this is nothing new. Its a cheap money grab for arena grinders. Hence why masteries still cost even after you've spent thousands to unlock them.