**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

look kabam if you regret releasing ghost and quake just take them back

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
maybe back in day when people’s rosters consisted of literally Quake, Ghost, Magik, Hyperion and Corvus nerfing those two champions would have been a bad idea but honestly it’s getting downright infuriating what’s going on currently.

it is clear you don’t want people to sinple be able to cheese all the content in the game with these 2 champions alone and that’s somewhat understandable. as someone who has got both of these as R5 5*s i can say wherever i’ve found a fight difficult or annoying, my “i give up” option is just quake. lots of people do this don’t try hiding it. you get pissed at a fight or you take one look and just say “screw that i’ll quake it. i do it sometimes (most recently V7 Venom took one look at that guy and went hell no you get quaked) and people did it for summer of pain as well. it does feel a bit like cheating.

the direction you have taken recently to solve these problems, however, is complete nonsense.

by adding nodes like true focus and making it so all the major bosses in the game “cannot miss or be evaded” cough abyss collector, grandmaster, gwenmaster cough you just end up annoying people who want to use champions like professed X or Elsa Bloodstone. these sorts of blanket punishments to counter ghost and quake end up hurting

proffeser X
mr negative
spider Gwen
spider Ham
elsa bloodstone
BWDO
ebony maw
silver surfer
stark Spidey
tigra
invisible woman

in the process. as someone who has 7 of those champions ranked up this is a huge kick in the metaphorical jewels. for some these aren’t huge changes (like starky or Spider ham who don’t need their evade mechanics to survive) however for characters like Silver Surfer or Ebony Maw, both i have at 5/65 or 2/35, it just sucks. and a ton of other players love these champions, think of the cult like following tigra has and the same can be said for proffeser X, with both of the 2 players generally considered to be the “most skilled in the world” having him at 3/45.

it’s obvious these changes aren’t for them. the majority of people believe surfer and maw to be nothing but meh level throwaway champions (which they’re not but that’s another rant for another day) but instead those of us who actually want to have fun with them are punished.

this thread, whilst prompted by the recent AW changes, isn’t about them specifically, but more the deceptive and harmful manner kabam make these sorts of changes.

from now on i think they have 2 choices.

remove quake and ghost from the equation. may that be through nerfs or just flat out removing the champions, and giving people their exact resources back. this may get me killed for saying but honestly may not be the worst case scenario. yes they’ve been ranked and yes people still love them but more and more i think we’re going to be seeing bosses with true focus or similar nodes in the future, until the point where the champions i outlined above (and any in the future with similar mechanics) end up fading into obscurity as they simply cannot be used anywhere. now i would rather kabam remove quake and ghost, learn their bloody lesson, and allow for the widespread use of evade and miss mechanics of future champions. then for them to just change the game to a point where both of these mechanics become useless and nobody can have them. think of all the recent “high skill” champions to be released. tigra, mr Nefative, Prof X, they all have fun unique miss or similar mechanics which make them hard to master and engaging as champions. i fir one do not want to revert to the parry-heavy meta of old.

or they could just simply introduce a “no ghost or quake on this fight” node, meaning all these other champions can flourish and the fight can’t be steamrolled by quake and ghost. now this seems like a best of both worlds. quake and ghost can still be used elsewhere but not for certain fights, and we can still use our fun slightly less cheesy champions.

that’s just my opinion i know i’m getting hate for saying a quake or ghost nerf might not be the worst thing in the history of the world but i would rather lose 2 champions then 50.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    So I guess Kabam should remove any champion that can do damage
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    🥴
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Um... How about no. Why? Cuz act 6. If kabam is gonna remove those two goddesses, then they might as well get rid of act 6 as well.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I agree with all your reasoning up until the conclusion. Basically, everything except this
    TP33 said:

remove quake and ghost from the equation. may that be through nerfs or just flat out removing the champions, and giving people their exact resources back. this may get me killed for saying but honestly may not be the worst case scenario. yes they’ve been ranked and yes people still love them but more and more i think we’re going to be seeing bosses with true focus or similar nodes in the future, until the point where the champions i outlined above (and any in the future with similar mechanics) end up fading into obscurity as they simply cannot be used anywhere. now i would rather kabam remove quake and ghost, learn their bloody lesson, and allow for the widespread use of evade and miss mechanics of future champions. then for them to just change the game to a point where both of these mechanics become useless and nobody can have them. think of all the recent “high skill” champions to be released. tigra, mr Nefative, Prof X, they all have fun unique miss or similar mechanics which make them hard to master and engaging as champions. i fir one do not want to revert to the parry-heavy meta of old.

A no quake/ghost node would be better than removing them.

I definitely agree that it sucks not being able to use the champs you’ve stated. Especially since I use Elsa and Mr Negative in my war team 9/10
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    This is your brain, this is your brain on the bad stuff, any questions?
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    It's AW. There's a lot more to mcoc than AW for people who are progressing. For people who have completed everything and just do alliance events, your roster should be well rounded enough to work around not being able to use ghost and quake. Is it a bit of bs? Sure, but they called out that hey, ghost and quake are broken lets balance it out. Quake has sort of been weined out of act 7 due to big healthpools and only being available as a 5*, but ghost still shines pretty well everywhere else.