**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Worst luck ever? got kabamed hard.. 7 featured crystals for nothing.. its game over for me

2»

Comments

• uLqui0rauLqui0ra Posts: 76
    Game is game....don't be pressure..
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    ..and this is why I never go for features
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    i heard u need some of my luck?

we all need your luck
  • WOK wrote: »
    @SlyCat42 , I understand the concept of diminishing returns and its function both in-game and in general circumstances.
    I apologize if my comment gave the impression that it actually is implemented in the crystal drops. It was merely inuendo and wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
    I've never played Leaugue of Legends, and have no reason to doubt or question how it integrates diminishing returns.

Didn't you say you were quitting this game, even asked a mod how to delete everything ?
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    @The_whiteknight I was planning on quitting. Had a chat with a mod, contacted support. I was going to start with deleting this forum acct. But I was informed that the in game and forum accts cannot be seperately deleted. And after having a talk with a couple friends, I was settled down a bit and persuaded not do go forward with it.
    In all honesty, I knew it would be difficult to just let go of all the effort I put into this game the past 2yrs+ and at least for me, it isnt as easy as some may elude to by commenting to players, "you dont like it then quit, simple as that". But frustration and disappointment can cause people to make some judgment in haste. I'm no exception and I have no issues with not going through with some of those type of decisions. And right now, I'm neither regretful or glad I stuck around, just middle of the road really with less anticiaption and hope riding on things getting improved. I apologize for going off topic of the thread, but thought an answer would be appreciated.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    kabam only give features to people who pay them......... Its called favoritism. But sometimes you can't complain. Maybe its just me or everyone....
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    i heard u need some of my luck?

Why u bragging,Man?
    Nah,I think no one needs your luck now,Or am I Wrong?
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I have seen worse, check on Seatin's youtube, he opened 35 featured crystals for blade and didn't get it.
    someone had also opened 2 featured crystals for Blade and got it twice.

I cant say anything but it's just about luckiness.

he opened featured gm crystals, not featured 5* crystals, the drop rate on those things for featured 5* are MUCH lower than for the featured 5* crystals. I believe he did open 5 though, but he got 2 fantastic subfeatured out of them, while OP opened 7 and got ****. Give the guy a break
  • ariebrklariebrkl Posts: 11
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    What was the 7 featureds that you pulled?

I couldn't wait for that long if I had that many 5 star shards. When I get enough for a featured I just start thinking about what to use it on. Get tense if I'm stuck with shards and nowhere to use them.

luke cage
    moon knight
    hulkbuster
    iron fist
    beast
    iron patriot
    gambit
    i have been saving this 105k for 5-6 months.. all the time effort and energy spent to get it
    i saw myself getting him and even dupe him..7 tries is a lot
    was going to take him straight to rank4/55
    ppl say its just a game and stuff but its no diffrence from a job
    you invest a lot of time effort and energy
    and i also got sciense 5* awakening gem from LOL a month ago
    did i said best luck ever?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    There are enough good champs in the regular crystal now. it's worthless going for a featured.

Plus you need all the shards you can for 6*s... so you could of opened 10/11 normal and pulled some mint champs, instead you wasted them and didn't get anything.

That's the way the cookie crumbles
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Strategic wrote: »
    I know how you feel. I a few weeks ago saved and opened 36 PHC and got 3 3* from my 3* crystals I got **** and so was my 4* crystal
    Yesterday I also grinded and finished master and did a grand opening of the following:
    33 PHC = 3 old 3* champs
    8 3* crystals = ALL old champs
    4 4* crystals = spidergwen, spiderman, gamora and storm!
    1 5* crystal = duped my Magik AGAIN and now she's sig 100 (ironically this was actually the "best" one out of all of them)!
    I didn't even get 1 new 3*! Was hoping for at least a 3* Stark Spidey but noooooo.
    ALL ****!!!
    Meanwhile my alliance are opening nebulas stark spideys icemans etc etc e **** tc.
    Game is 100% rigged especially against vet players who don't pay!

Sorry to tell you but you have no idea how this guy feels.

A. Magik is one of the top basic champs you can get and getting her multiple times makes her better.

B. That’s out of a basic crystal—only 10k shards.

C. Almost everything else involves phcs. I’m actually surprised your weren’t blasted for this post.

I recently went 0/3 on featured blade crystals (45k) units after beating lol and speeding through heroic 100% to have a 3 shots at blade. Iron patriot dupe, moon knight, and blue cyclops. That’s a kick in the gut. Especially watching others in my alliance and else where going 1 for 1 or 1 for 2 on featured crystals. I’m ready to quit after missing on three. I don’t know what I would do on 7.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    ariebrkl wrote: »

I couldn't wait for that long if I had that many 5 star shards. When I get enough for a featured I just start thinking about what to use it on. Get tense if I'm stuck with shards and nowhere to use them.

luke cage
    moon knight
    hulkbuster
    iron fist
    beast
    iron patriot
    gambit
    i have been saving this 105k for 5-6 months.. all the time effort and energy spent to get it

That is super bad... I don't know that it gets any worse...

Spark is a tech though, so your gem would have been worthless here... If you want to rage quit, use it on Luke Cage... Hahaha.

Don't though. Please.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

luke cage
    moon knight
    hulkbuster
    iron fist
    beast
    iron patriot
    gambit

That is super bad... I don't know that it gets any worse...

Spark is a tech though, so your gem would have been worthless here... If you want to rage quit, use it on Luke Cage... Hahaha.

Don't though. Please.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    @WOK

No worries. It's just the third or fourth time I've seen someone mention it lately and wanted to drop some info. I'm not the type to get angry or anything on the forums.

We're good.

If you do want to check out League they have a website and their new season starts on next Thur. It's a MOBA.

@SlyCat42 I appreciate it, and thanks for the info on League!
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    You guys say you will quit but we all know you will continue to play
    You’re addicted just admit it
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    I wish Kabam would be more transparent about the odds of getting the featured hero from a featured hero crystal. We all know that some champs are more ‘godlike’ than others,, and knowing the odds would allow us to at least weigh in on whether to take the risk of getting the featured hero or not. For example, if the odds are 1/10, then it might be worthwhile to try for Iceman or Sparky or Blade, but may not be worthwhile to try for Kingpin or Gladiator Thor or Doc Ock.
    You guys say you will quit but we all know you will continue to play
    You’re addicted just admit it

I thought it would be understood when I said " frustration and disappointment can cause people to make some judgment in haste. I'm no exception and I have no issues with not going through with some of those type of decisions".

For me personally, it has more to do with routine rather than "addiction". It's like waking up in the morning and not taking a shower or brushing my teeth..... I can do it if I have to, but I just wouldn't feel or smell right the rest of the day. LOL
    And leaving alliance mates I've played and had fun conversations with for 1 to 2yrs is the most diffcult for me. Like having a neighboor you greet and chat with everyday and suddenly you stop seeing them the next day. Not a heartbreaking tearjerker by any means, but it would be just a little sad tbh. ;-)
  • RealPastorRealPastor Posts: 82
    I spend about 150$ last week. Still get trash. So, even if you pay - you get nothing good:)
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »
    I wish Kabam would be more transparent about the odds of getting the featured hero from a featured hero crystal. We all know that some champs are more ‘godlike’ than others,, and knowing the odds would allow us to at least weigh in on whether to take the risk of getting the featured hero or not. For example, if the odds are 1/10, then it might be worthwhile to try for Iceman or Sparky or Blade, but may not be worthwhile to try for Kingpin or Gladiator Thor or Doc Ock.

Hey dr we played you in aw not too long ago.

Anyways they aren’t transparent about the percentage because if they were to tell you how low no one would buy crystals. It’s deceiving but true.

• BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    My suggestion for the featured 5 star is that they should be a guaranteed buy for a specific amount of shards one time only for each featured hero that is new and you only have like dunno 12 hours or hell even an hour to watch out for that featured hero offer and that would be tbe only chance you can get it guaranteed for like 50k 5 star shards.

we have asked for this many times and the mods don't even reply. Many games that are much better designed than by the devs that run Kabam (WOW, guild wars, Rift, diablo) have loot or roll engines that track your "luck". Every time you're "screwed" you're chances of being screwed again goes down. First crystal 20%, each additional crystal adds 5% or 10% so by the time you've pulled 5 crystals your chances of not getting it is exceedingly low and it resets once you pull it so auto-duping doesn't become too easy. Very easy solution and the whole community would support it, but talk about odds -- the odds of Kabam acknowledging this is very low, of them implementing it although there is no negative by protecting loyal customers from extreme bad luck and rage quitting next to 0 :) Didn't take me long to hold them to such embarrassingly low standards so it's a little harder to be disappointed lol. Two of our most loyal players couldn't take it anymore after trying for Iceman 7X just like you and failing and went on extended break which became permanent retirement. Many more have followed suit forcing us to merge with another tier 2 team since constant recruiting is such an annoying task, all because of how poorly designed this loot/pull system is.

Join the you got Kabamed club and question why such a **** design could keep that many players going. Someone dedicated enough to grind and save for 6 months deserves ONE good champ. No other game this big/successful that I can think of would do this to you. Even other simple mobile games, protect you from "****" rolls on premium purchases - there's a minimum cap on how bad an item can be when you buy it with real money - nope doesn't exist in Kabam's world either. You can pay ONE HUNDRED USD and get Luke from your shiny new crystal when the quality and content of this entire game is tops a $30 type of game and somehow enough of us keep going to fill their coffers.
  • I can feel with you bro, got 0/6 from sparky crystals. Didn't get any usable champ as well, just Gambit/Colossus-garbage and such... Defenitely breaking the will to proceed when you see all those luckers with 2 out of 3 pulls. But hey, at least those guys get to have some fun haha
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I'm 0/5. I refuse to go for them anymore.

They say it's RNG, but man, it's hard to believe sometimes.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    We have an 0/21 in our alliance...0/9 is nothing :D
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    No it gets worse actually
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★

luke cage
    moon knight
    hulkbuster
    iron fist
    beast
    iron patriot
    gambit

I am

1 for 7 Phoenix
    1 for 8 Iceman
    1 for 11 Sparky

The odds aren't good and every time I expected to not get the champ, you can't expect to get the champ its still very rare.
  • your username is kinda blurry,is it read Anonymous2k?
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    No one cares that you are quitting, and the game will live on.