**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Investing into Capiw

Loki_zoidLoki_zoid Posts: 1
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Quick question for the seasoned players, I have a 6* CAPIW currently sitting at sig20. I have about 72 generics sig stones I can invest into him. My question is would it be worth investing my generics into cap without being able to max him? Will his ability be reliable? Currently i have a max 5* that leadership triggers 100% of the time. I have a 3* at sig 25 that triggers 82% and a 4* at sig10 that triggers at 70%. So i really have no in between to decide if its going to be worth it or not. 6* generics aren’t frequent enough for me
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Cap is absolutely worth it , but what are your other options ?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Of course it's not going to be reliable. His debuffs trigger reliably only at sig 200. But, you can still use him for the damage and use your 5 star when you want the utility.
  • 7or77or7 Posts: 48
    With 72 generics and limited access to more, it will likely take a long time to sig him up fully, which really does make a difference — even proccing 70-80% vs 100% makes quite a difference when the proc is often the main reason you bring capiw to the team. A 5/65 is almost as strong as 6* r3, so I would stick with 5/65 for now since he’s fully sigged, and save the generics so you can later decide whether to invest in capiw or another champ depending on your needs at that time.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    CptIW is an all-or-nothing champ. Either sig 0 or sig 200.

(A good analogy will be a man’s birth control off-the-shelf purchasable. You’ll want it to be as close to 100% reliable as possible. You can make do with say, 98%, but the random 2% can and might happen at a bad time and screw you over big time. 😊)
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

(A good analogy will be a man’s birth control off-the-shelf purchasable. You’ll want it to be as close to 100% reliable as possible. You can make do with say, 98%, but the random 2% can and might happen at a bad time and screw you over big time. 😊)

This…is not exactly the analogy I was expecting.

Dr. Zola
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I have mine at 180, which is a 93% chance to place a debuff. The disincentive of wasting a 6* pull on a max sig is too high for me to go to 200. That said, I wouldn't bother dumping sigs on him if you can't get him over 150.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    You can only get to max sig by starting now.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Well to be fair magneto has 70% aar but he does pretty good on enroaching stun
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

That's really not true at all honestly. Pretty much the only thing you need sig 200 for is shrugging debuffs in war. He's completely viable for most situations you'd use him from around sig 80-100. Probably not the best for heal reversal at that point but there are better champs for that these days regardless.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Impossible to say w/o knowing your roster, but it's probably not worth it.
    DrZola said:

xNig said:

This…is not exactly the analogy I was expecting.

Dr. Zola
    Gotta think outta the box bro 😂😂
    edited July 2021

xNig said:

That's really not true at all honestly. Pretty much the only thing you need sig 200 for is shrugging debuffs in war. He's completely viable for most situations you'd use him from around sig 80-100. Probably not the best for heal reversal at that point but there are better champs for that these days regardless.
    That’s true as well. But personally, I’d want my champs to be reliable when there’s an intention to do something, and not leave it to chance.

It’s like the parry issue now. It still works, sometimes, just unreliable, which can totally turn the tide of a fight.

Same reason as why he needs to be sig 200 for war. You’d want the reliability, and war is too big of a risk to not have it. Quest wise it’s alright to play around given how easy they are nowadays.

xNig said:

Yeah. But that’s cause it’s once every 30s, and there’s a 30% chance of it not happening. Which means, IF it were to hit that “lucky” 30% chance, the fight goes south really fast.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Yeah. But that’s cause it’s once every 30s, and there’s a 30% chance of it not happening. Which means, IF it were to hit that “lucky” 30% chance, the fight goes south really fast.
    He's pretty tanky since he can glance and has some physical resistance
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    People who say Cap is an all or nothing champ are big dumb.

He doesn’t even have a power drain or taunt mechanic 🥴