**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kingpin + Hood

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
In light of the impending Hood changes, I’m revisiting my Kingpin and focused on this synergy:

coupled with KP’s inherent purify abilities.

Does this mean KP has a 120% (or 160%) chance to purify a non-Rage debuff as long as he has an active Rage debuff?

Obviously, there’s a half-second cool down.

Trying to understand this correctly…

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    He has a 120% chance to purify one nonrage debuff every 0.5 seconds at any point in time. Doesn't matter if there's already a rage debuff present or not.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    Yes, this synergy just removes the RNG from Kingpin’s kit and it rules. The only drawback to it has been that Hood and Joe Fix-It haven’t exactly been champs you wanted on your team. But hopefully the hood buff makes it more feasible.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

He has a 120% chance to purify one nonrage debuff every 0.5 seconds at any point in time. Doesn't matter if there's already a rage debuff present or not.

Once a debuff is not purified (if that’s possible), does that debuff stick around or is it potentially purified in a half second?

Dr. Zola
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Absolutely amazing synergy. I remember Swedeah just cheesing with this during his 7.2 legends run.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Kill_Grey said:

Once a debuff is not purified (if that’s possible), does that debuff stick around or is it potentially purified in a half second?

Dr. Zola
    It would stick around like if running suicides on Kingpin. The poison would get purified, and the bleed would remain until it expires. But when Kingpin has 8 total debuffs + rage, then they all get converted to overpower buff unless fighting someone like apoc who counters purify.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    KP is the most under-appreciated buff this year.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Ya.. He is amazing. Waiting for level up to take mine to r3. Very useful for CSWS in aq, hazard shift in aw and all in all a general tank.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Just dont bring Kingpin against Bishop @DrZola else Bishop will kill him! 😂
    By the way, I was following your post regarding parry dex issue (both old one which got deleted and the new one too) but I'm not seeing it anymore. Has there been any updates?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    LordPSN said:

By the way, I was following your post regarding parry dex issue (both old one which got deleted and the new one too) but I'm not seeing it anymore. Has there been any updates?

Nothing I can see, although the beta has rolled out. I went on last night and it was a significant improvement to parry and dex. They’d like us to save all our feedback for the team, but I’m optimistic they are getting it under control.

Dr. Zola
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

LordPSN said:

Nothing I can see, although the beta has rolled out. I went on last night and it was a significant improvement to parry and dex. They’d like us to save all our feedback for the team, but I’m optimistic they are getting it under control.

Dr. Zola
    Nice to hear that.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I still don't understand why KP cannot shrug Double Edge? As we know, it applies before Liquid Courage. Yet, it never gets shrugged of Liquid Courage. Shouldn't it be a 50% for it to be either one? Cause of the .5 seconds. I'm missing some piece of information I think.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    really good for caltrops, energy adoption ( i think thats the node?) any node that puts tons of debuffs on you, kingpin is your man. I used this duo and got like three overpower buffs. When I say I was hitting like a truck...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Kingpin gets 120% Purify accuracy with Hood. It means he can actually function a bit against Apocalypse, albeit not very well!

Also, don't forget that it's a two-way synergy with Hood - check out the Crime Bosses synergy:

Kingpin is very solid. I use my R5 all the time. And I used an Awakening Gem on him before the buff...