**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

SoP Hydra Adaptiod Counters

Comments

• Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    IKON said:

Summer of Pain? That sounds like it's going to be really difficult!

Actually it's going to be super easy, barely an inconvenience

To be fair, they're trying to appease the community since they made a mistake with the Parry mastery. It's hard to please fans when they're complaining no matter what they do.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

In this community, too easy seems to be "I could do it', and too hard is 'I couldn't do it'. The transition is so small that it's practically binary.

Too easy for me is one shotting sop bosses first try. Too hard is like abyss collector: try to get in as many combos as possible and revive. I also think time is a factor. V long fight = hard. V long pretty hard fight = too hard.
  • Akkarin23Akkarin23 Posts: 99
    I did it with r5 magik, r5 stealthy and r3 Kingpin, all solos Wasn't difficult at all, but I really enjoyed it.
  • ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 260 ★★
    Akkarin23 said:

I did it with r5 magik, r5 stealthy and r3 Kingpin, all solos Wasn't difficult at all, but I really enjoyed it.

How with kingpin? The unstoppable is too much for me
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    IKON said:

I say it's because kabam allowed Cavs into it. So they feel like they have to tone down the difficulty a large margin.
  • ILoveDrDoomILoveDrDoom Posts: 39

I soloed him with Ronan. It’s a great feeling not having to use any revives too 😅
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    I used Rhulk, Doom and Magik...good times!
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

C’mon Kabam, when is SoP gonna get painful?
    Mojo destroys HA with no issue and takes care of two objectives.
    For the SHIELD one use Voodoo. Build up to an sp2 and launch it on an even combo to get the Power Burn then you can just backdraft intercept him against the back wall for the rest of the fight. Just make sure that you keep launching your Sp2s to control his power.
    I soloed with Mojo and Voodoo is definitely able to solo him but I slipped up and had to revive once.

Guessing you haven't read week 9 lol. Here is a glimpse of it haha.

"The final challenge will go live on August 18 and feature horrific highlights from the previous weeks, all leading up to a fight that has likely haunted your dreams before".
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Shaqatac said:

Akkarin23 said:

Yeah I keep seeing this recommendation but I don't get how it works. KP gets a lot of rages but how does he deal with the unstoppable?
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Hoodie25 said:

IKON said:

Oh really?
    IKON: Yea, we're going to let Cavaliers into this one so that will have to be the baseline for the difficulty.

Hoodie25: Sounds like this is supposed to be end game content, why would we let Cavaliers in?

IKON: I don't know
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Mojo - easy 3 points (completion, metal objective, and xl/villain objective).

Magik - easy SHIELD point.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

There are always going to be people who have completed just about everything in the game that aren't really challenged by much of anything. This is a bit easier because there are a number of counters. If I remember correctly, that was the complaint with Mysterio, that there was too narrow an option. If it's that easy for you, get the Point and move along. Lol.

The point is that this was supposed to be meant to be a challenge for even those of us who have 100% everything in the game and have a large 6r3 roster. It was advertised as being something truly challenging and so far it hasn’t been.
    If that was the case, it wouldn't be available to anyone else but people done 100% everything. Some Fights are easier than others, but it hasn't all been a cake walk. I'm curious. What do you call a challenge? What's the level you're expecting?
  • burnso81burnso81 Posts: 11
    I used r5 sig 200 longshot. But messed up a couple times. I was stealing his unstoppable more than 60% of the time. Better players probably won't have to revive as much as I did. 3 times lol.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

There are always going to be people who have completed just about everything in the game that aren't really challenged by much of anything. This is a bit easier because there are a number of counters. If I remember correctly, that was the complaint with Mysterio, that there was too narrow an option. If it's that easy for you, get the Point and move along. Lol.

The point is that this was supposed to be meant to be a challenge for even those of us who have 100% everything in the game and have a large 6r3 roster. It was advertised as being something truly challenging and so far it hasn’t been.
    If that was the case, it wouldn't be available to anyone else but people done 100% everything. Some Fights are easier than others, but it hasn't all been a cake walk. I'm curious. What do you call a challenge? What's the level you're expecting?
    Exactly, I don’t think it should have been available to Cavs. I think that it should have been locked to Thronebreakers and only that low because there’s no better way to lock it.
    And I disagree, all of the SoP has been a cakewalk so far. Even the Mysterio was easy enough.
    I’d call it a challenge if these were all unique fights that had unique mechanics to them, like Nameless Thanos, GM, the Collector, and Ex. Maestro. Something more involved than just “If you have the right counter, you win!”
    You want an entire summer of Fights like that, only accessible to TB? Is that reasonable?
    I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. TB is easy enough to get and there’s plenty of content available for everyone else.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Ronan has been updated now and does get the #metal tag.
  • Akkarin23Akkarin23 Posts: 99
    Shaqatac said:

Akkarin23 said:

I did the four hits, block to bait the heavy strat and spam sp1, he did throw some specials but I manage to dex him with unstoppable and when its about to finish i bait his heavy again, and reapeat.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Kabams gonna need you to get all the way of their back for this one
    Oh well let me just climb off of that thing for you
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Reading all the replies leading into something different, I feel click baited.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    I really like this Summer of Easy OP Rewards. Should do this more often, like
    Autumn of Free T5C
    Winter of Take your T3A
    Spring of 1 Surprise Hard Fight