**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SoP Hydra Adaptiod Counters

Comments

• Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

DrZola said:

Ronan works his cheese…

…but for some reason it doesn’t trigger the #metal objective.

Dr. Zola

really it worked on mine i used him for my 1st run got the point for #metal ..
    It's been fixed by now
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

DrZola said:

Ronan works his cheese…

…but for some reason it doesn’t trigger the #metal objective.

Dr. Zola

really it worked on mine i used him for my 1st run got the point for #metal ..
    Interesting…I’m one of several on here who used him and didn’t get the point. Filed a ticket, so we will see what they do. Or I could just do it again…

Dr. Zola

Edit: it is working now. Can confirm second run with Ronan have #metal point.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Mojo was a blast to use
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Does CAIW work pretty well for this one?
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Skiddy212 said:

Does CAIW work pretty well for this one?

Yes
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

There are always going to be people who have completed just about everything in the game that aren't really challenged by much of anything. This is a bit easier because there are a number of counters. If I remember correctly, that was the complaint with Mysterio, that there was too narrow an option. If it's that easy for you, get the Point and move along. Lol.

good news is 99% of active players dont go to forum and probably did quite as well as OP, but dont find the need to brag about how easy all this is...

@StevieManWonder congrats bruv. you are a very skilled player! hope to see you in summoner showdown :)
    I'm not sure you're clear on the 99% of the Player Base. We are in fact talking about the 1-5% that isnt challenged by anything.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    One thing I will say is that while this fight was fairly easy, it seemed (to me at least) to be much less repetitive compared to venom and DH
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    R3 Mangog with suicides one shot. Getting ramped up is still a pain but it’s literally the only fight that he felt good
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

There are always going to be people who have completed just about everything in the game that aren't really challenged by much of anything. This is a bit easier because there are a number of counters. If I remember correctly, that was the complaint with Mysterio, that there was too narrow an option. If it's that easy for you, get the Point and move along. Lol.

good news is 99% of active players dont go to forum and probably did quite as well as OP, but dont find the need to brag about how easy all this is...

@StevieManWonder congrats bruv. you are a very skilled player! hope to see you in summoner showdown :)
    I'm not sure you're clear on the 99% of the Player Base. We are in fact talking about the 1-5% that isnt challenged by anything.
    nah what im saying is majority of players dont complain nor brag, they just play the game and enjoy it.. if it easy? great, too hard? tough luck 🤷‍♂️got baited by the title tbh - was hoping to see some interesting counters Bero Man style, but half of posts are just ppl flexing 😶
    V true, was also hoping for some "here's how to do it with magik/King pin etc".

If it's helps anyone, magik; trick is waiting out the first sp1 or sp2 bait unstoppable, then sp2 to drain and lock him, then only medium light light for back draft intercepts. He's aggressive, but sometimes he doesn't dash in and the medium on the back draft stops you whiffing. Then you can just parry and continue the back draft cycle.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

nah what im saying is majority of players dont complain nor brag, they just play the game and enjoy it.. if it easy? great, too hard? tough luck 🤷‍♂️got baited by the title tbh - was hoping to see some interesting counters Bero Man style, but half of posts are just ppl flexing 😶

If it's helps anyone, magik; trick is waiting out the first sp1 or sp2 bait unstoppable, then sp2 to drain and lock him, then only medium light light for back draft intercepts. He's aggressive, but sometimes he doesn't dash in and the medium on the back draft stops you whiffing. Then you can just parry and continue the back draft cycle.
    To be fair, I did explain how to do it with Voodoo
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Venom can keep at 100% and just block everything.. one of the easiest option in my runs ..

I have now done soloes with Magik , BWDO, stealthy, Doom, Ronan, venom, KP

Do you think an R1 L25 6* venom would be able to handle it? I’m looking for options on my mini account with limited roster depth. Or would block damage be too much
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

To be fair, I did explain how to do it with Voodoo
    Fair do's yes you did ;-)
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Wicket329 said:

IKON said:

Summer of Pain? That sounds like it's going to be really difficult!

Actually it's going to be super easy, barely an inconvenience

Kabams gonna need you to get all the way of their back for this one
    Oh well let me just climb off of that thing for you
    @RonSwanson @Wicket329 @IKON Gotta say this conversation was awesome and I could hear his voice playing in my head as I read your comments.

I don't mean to derail the post. Sorry in advance :) But on the subject of "Too easy": recently I've been sorta .. enlightened by some going ons that I had no idea beforehand.

As it turns out, apparently many (not all!) vocal cries of content being "Too easy" that we've had the past year here in the forum are a calculated effort by a certain type of group of people who have much to gain (if u get my meaning) by the game being as tough as it can be.

I too would have chalked it up to tinfoil hat stuff, if it wasn't blatanly clear that this type of "player" has an enormous presence in game nowdays. Unfortunately.

So yeh. Whilst I still believe that some EndGame players who've rushed to be at the utmost limit of what can be achieved, and hence are jaded and crave harder and harder challenges...

I used to find some comments kinda weird, even mindblowing. But they make sense now if you consider it as an effort to manipulate kbm. It also makes it easier to understand why some people get absolutely mad furious when kbm goes larger player base friendly. Like when they put out content that lots of people can access and enjoy.

Or when they tune down, fix or (oh yes I will use that word haha) NERF content. The viciousness I've witnessed from some people in regards to those instances. Again, maybe not all of those guys get angry coz it directly affects their little scams... but some for sure do. U know who u are ;) haha

I’m confused, are you accusing me of being a merc?
    Anyways, the frustration comes from the fact that there really hasn’t been any challenging content for deep endgame players in well over a year and a half and it’s making the game boring to people like me.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 ★★★

I don't mean to derail the post. Sorry in advance :) But on the subject of "Too easy": recently I've been sorta .. enlightened by some going ons that I had no idea beforehand.

As it turns out, apparently many (not all!) vocal cries of content being "Too easy" that we've had the past year here in the forum are a calculated effort by a certain type of group of people who have much to gain (if u get my meaning) by the game being as tough as it can be.

I too would have chalked it up to tinfoil hat stuff, if it wasn't blatanly clear that this type of "player" has an enormous presence in game nowdays. Unfortunately.

So yeh. Whilst I still believe that some EndGame players who've rushed to be at the utmost limit of what can be achieved, and hence are jaded and crave harder and harder challenges...

I used to find some comments kinda weird, even mindblowing. But they make sense now if you consider it as an effort to manipulate kbm. It also makes it easier to understand why some people get absolutely mad furious when kbm goes larger player base friendly. Like when they put out content that lots of people can access and enjoy.

Or when they tune down, fix or (oh yes I will use that word haha) NERF content. The viciousness I've witnessed from some people in regards to those instances. Again, maybe not all of those guys get angry coz it directly affects their little scams... but some for sure do. U know who u are ;) haha

Anyways, the frustration comes from the fact that there really hasn’t been any challenging content for deep endgame players in well over a year and a half and it’s making the game boring to people like me.
    No no no. Im not naming names but no, it wasnt directed at you. It's why I apologized posting here. It's just something Ive wanted to comment on for days. Im not a prollific forum writer but I did wanna point this out somewhere, coz I too was surprised when it was shared with me that this stuff has been happening. I stumbled upon the "too easy" subject, so took my chance 😆
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

While I mostly agree, I've found Carinas challenges have scratched the difficult content itch for me. Grandmasters Gauntlet was kinda close. Summer of pain has been a disappointing distant 3rd.
    IKON said:

While I mostly agree, I've found Carinas challenges have scratched the difficult content itch for me. Grandmasters Gauntlet was kinda close. Summer of pain has been a disappointing distant 3rd.
    I really enjoyed the Act 6 Carina Challenges and the 3 star one in Act 5 that wasn’t the Loki or Cyclops one, but the Lab ones aren’t challenging, they’re just expensive because you’re guaranteed to die a ton
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Summer of Pain? That sounds like it's going to be really difficult!

Actually it's going to be super easy, barely an inconvenience

I love the pitch meetings!

No no no. Im not naming names but no, it wasnt directed at you. It's why I apologized posting here. It's just something Ive wanted to comment on for days. Im not a prollific forum writer but I did wanna point this out somewhere, coz I too was surprised when it was shared with me that this stuff has been happening. I stumbled upon the "too easy" subject, so took my chance 😆
    Ah, I get you