**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If Mystique comes to the game, what abilities would she have?

If Kabam finally bring Mystique to the game, what do you think her in game abilities would be? besides shapeshifting what immunities/buffs/debuffs/utility would she have?

thoughts?

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I imagine she would probably have class based utility much like Purgatory does but idk she is a tough champ to design
  • MkkalMkkal Posts: 37

If technology allows it, then

- shapeshifting
    - evade, miss, auto block mechanic
    - maybe a mix master mechanic
    - critical bleeds
    - Regen
    - immune to all evades and also bypassing class disadvamrages
    - Great synergies with most mutants.

I can definitely see that, or maybe having a manipulation or persuasion passive that reduces ability accuracy like AA or Domino
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,494 ★★★★★
    She would probably have buff replication like rogue.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    Buff replication. Her sig would allow her to convert them into passives and increase potency.
  • I was thinking maybe she could change champ type and retain something from that class. Then each class she beats she can have a prefight to be that class, eliminating her from being class countered
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    she should have 2 modes:

one that is her human form, where she is able to replicate things like buffs from opponents

the other that is her mutant form, where she is on cooldown or something
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    the ability to crash my phone
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Perhaps a more advanced "exploit weakness" mechanic.
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 515 ★★★
    Copying any opponent SPs would be so cool. Possible? Like whoever she's fighting she can be that guy from the start of fight. Or pre fight, which she can use to be one champion she fight throughout quest. @Kabam Miike just a suggestion
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    She can't copy powers. At most what you'll be able to do is copy the physical attributes of other champs.

Colossus' body for bleed immunity.

Wolverines claws for basic slashes.

Archangels wings for how long range heavy slash but no poison.

Venom's SP1 to inflict bleed but no ON NOM.

Basically you got to look at this as T-1000 from Terminator 2 rules, she can't become anyting complex but she can make an unlimited array of knives and stabbing weapons.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Maratox said:

I'm not sure about this.
    Rogue steals powers and abilities.
    Mystique doesn't. She will just look like you, correct?
    @Shadowstrike Just read your comment and 100% agree. (I've never understood the clamoring for Mystique to be added to the game. She doesn't do what people think she does).
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    Just make her like Game Freak made Ditto. Exact copy of opponent but can only activate abilities a limited number of times.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Maratox said:

I'm not sure about this.
    Rogue steals powers and abilities.
    Mystique doesn't. She will just look like you, correct?
    @Shadowstrike Just read your comment and 100% agree. (I've never understood the clamoring for Mystique to be added to the game. She doesn't do what people think she does).
    Anybody who's seen the films and cartoons knows who she is and likes her abilities, she's important character to Rogue and Nightcrawler and obviously there's potential for a ton of defensive utility with her shape-shifting.