**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

SoP Hydra Adaptiod Counters

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Watching some of the compliant AI on Kingpin solos…

…am I on a different server or something? Adaptoid is never a teddy bear like he is in most of those videos.

Playing like old block pro and baiting heavy. Is there a spacing secret I’m missing? Once the guy gets 3 bars it’s only a matter of time until he’s special happy.

Advice appreciated.

Dr. Zola
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Doom makes it easy. Keep nullifying unstoppable
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

There are always going to be people who have completed just about everything in the game that aren't really challenged by much of anything. This is a bit easier because there are a number of counters. If I remember correctly, that was the complaint with Mysterio, that there was too narrow an option. If it's that easy for you, get the Point and move along. Lol.

The point is that this was supposed to be meant to be a challenge for even those of us who have 100% everything in the game and have a large 6r3 roster. It was advertised as being something truly challenging and so far it hasn’t been.
    If that was the case, it wouldn't be available to anyone else but people done 100% everything. Some Fights are easier than others, but it hasn't all been a cake walk. I'm curious. What do you call a challenge? What's the level you're expecting?
    Exactly, I don’t think it should have been available to Cavs. I think that it should have been locked to Thronebreakers and only that low because there’s no better way to lock it.
    And I disagree, all of the SoP has been a cakewalk so far. Even the Mysterio was easy enough.
    I’d call it a challenge if these were all unique fights that had unique mechanics to them, like Nameless Thanos, GM, the Collector, and Ex. Maestro. Something more involved than just “If you have the right counter, you win!”
    You want an entire summer of Fights like that, only accessible to TB? Is that reasonable?
    For content that was advertised last year as harder than abyss, seems unreasonable to include cavaliers tbh.
    First off, that was colorful language. Secondly, you can't just create content for one demographic alone. That's asking for trouble. Not just from an alienation point of view, but from a progress stance as well. People who are Cavalier who are capable of doing SOP need to advance just as much as those done everything. Even more so, considering the need for T5CC. The way that some people keep blaming those underneath them, it sounds like they want their own game. The bottom line is, there isn't just one demographic playing the game. Those Titles don't create islands. They're progress markers, but there are still other people playing the game.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Mojo is unbelievably great for this fight.

Skipping the shield objective though as I have no one that could do it sub 10 revives.

Tried with a 4* magic (after 120+ 5*s still no magic) and I couldn't get anymore that 18% off in one go and that was after 5 attempts lol...

I do have the skill of a potato though, I'm sure someone could manage it with a 3* magic
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    walkerdog said:

There are always going to be people who have completed just about everything in the game that aren't really challenged by much of anything. This is a bit easier because there are a number of counters. If I remember correctly, that was the complaint with Mysterio, that there was too narrow an option. If it's that easy for you, get the Point and move along. Lol.

The point is that this was supposed to be meant to be a challenge for even those of us who have 100% everything in the game and have a large 6r3 roster. It was advertised as being something truly challenging and so far it hasn’t been.
    If that was the case, it wouldn't be available to anyone else but people done 100% everything. Some Fights are easier than others, but it hasn't all been a cake walk. I'm curious. What do you call a challenge? What's the level you're expecting?
    Exactly, I don’t think it should have been available to Cavs. I think that it should have been locked to Thronebreakers and only that low because there’s no better way to lock it.
    And I disagree, all of the SoP has been a cakewalk so far. Even the Mysterio was easy enough.
    I’d call it a challenge if these were all unique fights that had unique mechanics to them, like Nameless Thanos, GM, the Collector, and Ex. Maestro. Something more involved than just “If you have the right counter, you win!”
    I assume they considered that but itd be kind of obvious when they didn't put any of those that we'd like to practice like gwenmaster, collector, etc, despite those being some of the more fun and interesting fights in the game. Then again thered be people complaining about "why do fights that we already have solos for on YouTube?"
    I could have worded it better, but I didn’t mean having us fight those guys, rather having new fights that have unique mechanics
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

IKON said:

You want an entire summer of Fights like that, only accessible to TB? Is that reasonable?
    For content that was advertised last year as harder than abyss, seems unreasonable to include cavaliers tbh.
    First off, that was colorful language. Secondly, you can't just create content for one demographic alone. That's asking for trouble. Not just from an alienation point of view, but from a progress stance as well. People who are Cavalier who are capable of doing SOP need to advance just as much as those done everything. Even more so, considering the need for T5CC. The way that some people keep blaming those underneath them, it sounds like they want their own game. The bottom line is, there isn't just one demographic playing the game. Those Titles don't create islands. They're progress markers, but there are still other people playing the game.
    You can't just lock things behind Thronebreaker? The Grandmasters Gauntlet disagrees.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

IKON said:

You can't just lock things behind Thronebreaker? The Grandmasters Gauntlet disagrees.
    An all-summer-long Event that yields significant Rewards based on Milestones completed? Yeah, release that for Thronebreaker alone and watch the ####storm. Bring boots.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★

IKON said:

IKON said:

An all-summer-long Event that yields significant Rewards based on Milestones completed? Yeah, release that for Thronebreaker alone and watch the ####storm. Bring boots.
    All the british forum members are wondering why you are bringing football cleats to a storm instead of the wellies
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★

Honestly this one has one of the more stringent requirements IMO as maybe only mojo,dorm and maybe mangog(have no idea about him) have the kit to do the XL+ villain challenge for the average player but thats just from me glancing at the fight and the available options for the challenge and maybe Thing with power boosts to keep stagger
    I can be 100% wrong though and if I am please lemme know if I overlooked something

I eat these words of mine as i was able to solo the fight with with Fatso but i guess it was a happy day for disagree spammers
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

Honestly this one has one of the more stringent requirements IMO as maybe only mojo,dorm and maybe mangog(have no idea about him) have the kit to do the XL+ villain challenge for the average player but thats just from me glancing at the fight and the available options for the challenge and maybe Thing with power boosts to keep stagger
    I can be 100% wrong though and if I am please lemme know if I overlooked something

I eat these words of mine as i was able to solo the fight with with Fatso but i guess it was a happy day for disagree spammers
    Bruh you were literally wrong and then questioned why people were disagreeing with you.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★

Bruh you were literally wrong and then questioned why people were disagreeing with you.
    Yea cuz i didn’t specifically say that it was just my first impression from the opponent and nodes without actually trying the fight but i guess u have to be a God in here and never be wrong
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    Don't have Mojo for XL objective, so went with the next closest sounding champ Mangog 😀

https://youtu.be/T3SuXIql4Go
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    Not TB.
    But I used a 5/65 RG. 2-shot.
    I understand where people are coming from though. The fights (beyond MAYBE Mysterio/Sinister) have been rather straightforward. I don't remember the poster for the event, but isn't Emma Frost next?
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Not TB.
    I understand where people are coming from though. The fights (beyond MAYBE Mysterio/Sinister) have been rather straightforward. I don't remember the poster for the event, but isn't Emma Frost next?

TBH sinister was a very easy fight with torch. That might have been one of the fights that benefitted from objectives to force a more unconventional solution.

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

Terra said:

Not TB.

TBH sinister was a very easy fight with torch. That might have been one of the fights that benefitted from objectives to force a more unconventional solution.

True but that solution strategy hasn't been the same for all the others. Except for maybe this week's Hydraptiod.
    As I said, I personally thought Sinister and Mysterio were annoying. Not everyone thinks the same.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I think the fights so far are adequate for cav players and nowhere near what TB expected and were promised.

TB get the extra milestones, I guess that's the concession.

Cavs don't need TB level rewards, most cavs do not have the 5* roster depth to be worrying about 6r3.

I'm a cav player who will get TB from this event but have never completed a cav EQ, I'll take it but it seems wrong for where I am at ingame.

Oh, I'm way offtopic.

I used a 4r3 ronan, 156 hits.
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    <

I think the fights so far are adequate for cav players and nowhere near what TB expected and were promised.

TB get the extra milestones, I guess that's the concession.

Cavs don't need TB level rewards, most cavs do not have the 5* roster depth to be worrying about 6r3.

I'm a cav player who will get TB from this event but have never completed a cav EQ, I'll take it but it seems wrong for where I am at ingame.

Oh, I'm way offtopic.

I used a 4r3 ronan, 156 hits.

So you’ve never completed cav eq a single time and you’re complaining this is too easy ????

What is the point in your complaint? Are you actually saying that you want it’s a content to be so difficult that you can’t beat it? This is literally the silliest complaint in the history of the game, or a ridiculous troll. Either way, if it’s easy for you then be happy you’re getting rewards that you’re unable to earn through other content.

I personally think this is the most ridiculous challenge to date.I beat abyss and the grandmaster challenge, but anyone complaining about how easy this is, is just nonsensical!!!

Have any of you “contest gods” read the msg on the top of every forum page???

Evade and parry aren’t working!!! So they release content that requires you to evade every few seconds, and all people want to do is say it’s too easy? The game is literally broken for thousands of us in a way that makes the challenge impossible.

I bet you walk up to homeless people and complain about how full you are after lunch too
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

Venom can keep at 100% and just block everything.. one of the easiest option in my runs ..

I have now done soloes with Magik , BWDO, stealthy, Doom, Ronan, venom, KP

Do you think an R1 L25 6* venom would be able to handle it? I’m looking for options on my mini account with limited roster depth. Or would block damage be too much
    Probably ... you just need to make sure that he doesn't spam you with sp1 and he hold power at sp2 so you can eat some of those prowesses.
    Thanks man! I managed it with a r2 5* Mojo in the end with a revive. First took off 70% then went back in, about 550 hits in total lol
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★

While he doesn't work for the bonus objectives (I think), Cap IW is excellent for the Adaptoid. He doesn't even need to Parry-stun, as you can just intercept and Parry the Specials to gain Kinetic Charges, nullify the Unstoppable and throw Sp2s. Just needed a 20% Revive and a couple of Tier 3 potions with him, and that's because I played badly and took the Sp2 to the face.

Yep, i did all of the objectives and went back with caiw just for fun 🤣
    https://youtu.be/mBu9B0TEnm0
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    After using Mojo, I tried this XL villain who is also great in this fight.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

I tried this route a ton of times. For some reason, I struggled to keep the Adaptoid from launching into his special+unstoppable loop with my 6* KP, who is L20ish.

I’ve seen videos of players basically running the entire fight and only having to evade maybe two Sp2/Sp1 back to back sequences. Some used MLLL, others the full 5-hit combo, each time going quickly to block amd baiting the heavy.

What worked for you? I’m genuinely curious to know.

Dr. Zola
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Reference said:

I tried this route a ton of times. For some reason, I struggled to keep the Adaptoid from launching into his special+unstoppable loop with my 6* KP, who is L20ish.

I’ve seen videos of players basically running the entire fight and only having to evade maybe two Sp2/Sp1 back to back sequences. Some used MLLL, others the full 5-hit combo, each time going quickly to block amd baiting the heavy.

What worked for you? I’m genuinely curious to know.

Dr. Zola
    I'm using the 6 star rank 1 BWDO with the MLLL, bait out heavy method. It's worked the best for me so far. Just have the ensure you hold only block and only dex while he is charging is heavy. Even dashing back while he does a full 5-hit combo into your block means that he'll throw sp2 and then the entire rhythm of the fight goes. I took him down to 2% rn, waiting for a revive and in this run, he's only thrown 1 sp1 the entire time.

Additionally, sometimes the AI genuinely throws a special into your block.