**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Predictions on Hood Rebuff

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
After the release of KG and VP reworks, both of which look solid, is there reason to hope the Hood rebuff finally gets it right?

Does he get the sweet blend of damage and utility Hood owners hoped he would have?

Honestly, even though I’m hoping for a solid buff, I’d be disappointed if he were suddenly one of the best in game. As a character, he’s not that central to the Marvel Universe—but this isn’t the MU, so anything goes.

I suppose it’s all over but the reveal in about 6 hours.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    this is the value buff, right? So I’m not expecting too much from it
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Probably just a numbers buff. I was one of the few people who really enjoyed his old buff bullet mechanics, but they are probably not coming back. Hopefully they can try to do that for another character
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Venompool got the overhaul right?
    and King Groot got what seems like a moderate update but it can be the case of a tune-up.
    So, Hood gets a tune-up or moderate update.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

Probably just a numbers buff. I was one of the few people who really enjoyed his old buff bullet mechanics, but they are probably not coming back. Hopefully they can try to do that for another character

Absolutely loved it. Shame, was really fun to play but players judged him too early.
    the problem was it wasn’t hood. He already had perfectly good mechanics in place and then they scrapped them all for a shiny new bullets mechanic. And of course the heal was “bugged”.

I’m very glad they reversed it and hope it never happens again
    Never had the chance to rank him up and see what content he could do. Just wish i had more time to play around with him post buff. Got some crazy numbers at r1
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    As long as there is no persistent charge bullet mechanic, his fate seal stays (I'm certain that will happen), and his miss mechanic is in a good place, that's the minimum I can ask for.

So essentially... just buff his damage. That's all.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

this is the value buff, right? So I’m not expecting too much from it

There is likely no value buff this month. The current buff schedule doesn't differentiate between value only and moderate buffs, no-one ever said there had to be a value-only buff each month.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    It would be interesting to see whether they can blend the buffed Hood (with some reduction in the ridiculous damage) with the old utility beast Hood. I got the impression that’s the approach they wanted to try, but perhaps they gave up.

Dr. Zola
    edited July 2021

Absolutely loved it. Shame, was really fun to play but players judged him too early.
    Insert the post by Bitter here (I'm trying to save space).
    Most people loved the the bugged version of Hood. It seems all those people have forgotten the uproar they caused when the regen was fixed. They didn't want the intended version of Hood, they wanted the bugged version and there was no way in hell that was going to stay.

That Hood was not good for anyone, and not good for the game.
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★
    DrZola said:

After the release of KG and VP reworks, both of which look solid, is there reason to hope the Hood rebuff finally gets it right?

Does he get the sweet blend of damage and utility Hood owners hoped he would have?

Honestly, even though I’m hoping for a solid buff, I’d be disappointed if he were suddenly one of the best in game. As a character, he’s not that central to the Marvel Universe—but this isn’t the MU, so anything goes.

Dr. Zola

And Quake is? Or Ghost? Magneto may be the only elite champ that is relevant from a Comics standpoint.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

the problem was it wasn’t hood. He already had perfectly good mechanics in place and then they scrapped them all for a shiny new bullets mechanic. And of course the heal was “bugged”.

Lol if he was such a good champ then why was nobody using him. His buff was great but everyone decided, before the buff even came out, that it was too much of a big change for a champ that I doubt a majority of people even use

Lol if he was such a good champ then why was nobody using him. His buff was great but everyone decided, before the buff even came out, that it was too much of a big change for a champ that I doubt a majority of people even use
    The reason most people didn't use him was because his damage is lacking. Not because he didn't have good utility. Same reason most people won't use Dormammu, his utility is great, his damage is lacking.
    ŁŤÇ said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

And Quake is? Or Ghost? Magneto may be the only elite champ that is relevant from a Comics standpoint.
    Fair points, and I probably wouldn’t have as many issues with obscure characters being great if the game ensured champs like Hulk, Iron Man, Doctor Strange were highly useful and desirable champs.

But I do have an awakened 6* Hood, so I’m not without skin in the game. If he falls into the “useful but not amazing” tier I can live with it.

Dr. Zola
    So I’m going to go out on a limb here and say Hood will be amazing post-buff.

How so? Return of the Hex ability, 100% miss when invisible, some version of the bullets without the persistent charges, reliable stagger, buffed attack and perhaps a new synergy.

And he rides in on a real rainbow unicorn.

Dr. Zola
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Botched first attempt and then many months later we finally get the buff? Not to mention this second time around for his buff is taking up yet another one of the 3 spots for this month. It'll be a bit disappointing if his buff is just a numbers update after all this waiting.

Botched first attempt and then many months later we finally get the buff? Not to mention this second time around for his buff is taking up yet another one of the 3 spots for this month. It'll be a bit disappointing if his buff is just a numbers update after all this waiting.

100% agree. Which is why I have hope it will be terrific.

Hope that’s likely to be dashed in less than an hour.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

100% agree. Which is why I have hope it will be terrific.

Hope that’s likely to be dashed in less than an hour.

Dr. Zola
    I wonder if we'll get his spotlight today or whether they'll hold out due to fear.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Fair points, and I probably wouldn’t have as many issues with obscure characters being great if the game ensured champs like Hulk, Iron Man, Doctor Strange were highly useful and desirable champs.

But I do have an awakened 6* Hood, so I’m not without skin in the game. If he falls into the “useful but not amazing” tier I can live with it.

Dr. Zola

I am not sure but it looks like the tendency of kabam is to make characters which are at the center of the marvel universe to be dud and popularize the unknown characters. I know these characters were introduced early in the game so they are not so good but even when the rework happens these characters rarely get a chance. In the start I didn't like this policy but overtime I think it is a better approach as we are able to know more new characters and attach our feelings with them.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    If they've learned their lesson from last time the ONLY thing they'll do is increase the damage value numbers of his abilities.

We will find out in 20 minutes anyways.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    The buff out. It's basically the old buff but with fate seal on sp2.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    One of the cases where a champ really does just need damage.

I did like the first-two miss mechanic, though I missed the 90% miss on projectiles. It wouldn't hurt to have some decent regen/recoil-mitigation, since he's often run with Ghost, but I don't expect it.