**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SoP Hydra Adaptiod Counters

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Reference said:

After using Mojo, I tried this XL villain who is also great in this fight.

I tried this route a ton of times. For some reason, I struggled to keep the Adaptoid from launching into his special+unstoppable loop with my 6* KP, who is L20ish.

I’ve seen videos of players basically running the entire fight and only having to evade maybe two Sp2/Sp1 back to back sequences. Some used MLLL, others the full 5-hit combo, each time going quickly to block amd baiting the heavy.

What worked for you? I’m genuinely curious to know.

Dr. Zola
    I'm using the 6 star rank 1 BWDO with the MLLL, bait out heavy method. It's worked the best for me so far. Just have the ensure you hold only block and only dex while he is charging is heavy. Even dashing back while he does a full 5-hit combo into your block means that he'll throw sp2 and then the entire rhythm of the fight goes. I took him down to 2% rn, waiting for a revive and in this run, he's only thrown 1 sp1 the entire time.

Additionally, sometimes the AI genuinely throws a special into your block.
    That’s what happened a ton to me. With all those prowess, if you mistime the special evade and don’t release block quickly enough, sayonara.

Dr. Zola
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    My three, because I don't own any version of Mojo:

Metal: Doom. Boring.
    Shield: Why is Magik Shield again?
    XL Villain: So, who thought to use Mangog? Mangog and L1 spam will keep the power gains and unstoppables off as Adaptoid is pretty aggressive with specials. You can keep up the Hate mode pretty long since nullifying buffs pauses the timer. A bit slow since power lock and limber remove his best attributes, but still pretty fun and simple after some practice.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

There are always going to be people who have completed just about everything in the game that aren't really challenged by much of anything. This is a bit easier because there are a number of counters. If I remember correctly, that was the complaint with Mysterio, that there was too narrow an option. If it's that easy for you, get the Point and move along. Lol.

The point is that this was supposed to be meant to be a challenge for even those of us who have 100% everything in the game and have a large 6r3 roster. It was advertised as being something truly challenging and so far it hasn’t been.
    Who cares? If it's so easy then do the objective with 2 star champs that are not cheese options
    This is how I know you’re not paying attention to what end game players want. We don’t want the same fights but more health and more attack. Taking a larger % of health on a parry isn’t more fun/challenging, it’s just punishing. And kabam know that, they’ve said they don’t want to do that.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

There are always going to be people who have completed just about everything in the game that aren't really challenged by much of anything. This is a bit easier because there are a number of counters. If I remember correctly, that was the complaint with Mysterio, that there was too narrow an option. If it's that easy for you, get the Point and move along. Lol.

The point is that this was supposed to be meant to be a challenge for even those of us who have 100% everything in the game and have a large 6r3 roster. It was advertised as being something truly challenging and so far it hasn’t been.
    Who cares? If it's so easy then do the objective with 2 star champs that are not cheese options
    This is how I know you’re not paying attention to what end game players want. We don’t want the same fights but more health and more attack. Taking a larger % of health on a parry isn’t more fun/challenging, it’s just punishing. And kabam know that, they’ve said they don’t want to do that.
    The majority of people are not endgame players, but I remember people crying about act 6 and they nerfed it, now people complain content is too easy.

So act 6 was too hard, they nerf. Now SOP is too easy and people want it to be harder? Then they cry nerf
    The people who complained and got act 6 nerfed are not necessarily the group of people that are complaining about the lack of difficulty.

In any event, it remains not so much a problem of difficulty, but setting expectations by name and description of the event and not meeting them.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    I have done that Metal objective with Ronan and XL villain one with Kingpin(1 revive) but really struggling with shield objective.
    I have Voodoo(rank 3) and Nick(rank 4) and block damage is killing me.
    With Voodoo my more than half health is getting lost in to setup the fight.So far I have managed to take 25 percent with Voodoo,might take him to rank 4.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Watching some of the compliant AI on Kingpin solos…

…am I on a different server or something? Adaptoid is never a teddy bear like he is in most of those videos.

Playing like old block pro and baiting heavy. Is there a spacing secret I’m missing? Once the guy gets 3 bars it’s only a matter of time until he’s special happy.

Advice appreciated.

Dr. Zola

I feel the same way. When people post (or have videos on youtube) saying "it is easy, just do this for the solo" that it is not often the case as the AI always behaves differently for me.

For SoP Darkhawk, and for this Adaptoid, all the videos just have them do 4 hit combos and bait heavies, and the boss never/rarely throws specials in the video. When I do it - the defender throws specials like its going out of style despite me holding block in instant my 4 hit combo is done.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

C’mon Kabam, when is SoP gonna get painful?
    Mojo destroys HA with no issue and takes care of two objectives.
    For the SHIELD one use Voodoo. Build up to an sp2 and launch it on an even combo to get the Power Burn then you can just backdraft intercept him against the back wall for the rest of the fight. Just make sure that you keep launching your Sp2s to control his power.
    I soloed with Mojo and Voodoo is definitely able to solo him but I slipped up and had to revive once.

That's nothing I saw ppl auto fight boss with 2* ronan
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

MoleGod did good.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Varad18 said:

Doom for Metal
    Bwdo for Shield
    Ah Yes, Lord Modok and 4 Revives for XL Since I don't have anything else 😭😂

You would have got 3 pts if u simply used modok he's metal too
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Reference said:

I tried this route a ton of times. For some reason, I struggled to keep the Adaptoid from launching into his special+unstoppable loop with my 6* KP, who is L20ish.

I’ve seen videos of players basically running the entire fight and only having to evade maybe two Sp2/Sp1 back to back sequences. Some used MLLL, others the full 5-hit combo, each time going quickly to block amd baiting the heavy.

Dr. Zola
    I'm using the 6 star rank 1 BWDO with the MLLL, bait out heavy method. It's worked the best for me so far. Just have the ensure you hold only block and only dex while he is charging is heavy. Even dashing back while he does a full 5-hit combo into your block means that he'll throw sp2 and then the entire rhythm of the fight goes. I took him down to 2% rn, waiting for a revive and in this run, he's only thrown 1 sp1 the entire time.

Additionally, sometimes the AI genuinely throws a special into your block.
    That’s what happened a ton to me. With all those prowess, if you mistime the special evade and don’t release block quickly enough, sayonara.

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola I struggled to get the rhythm as well the first few times because I was holding sp2 for the heal and overpower buff. But, I found the sp1 spam to be a much better alternative. The degen damage takes him down gradually and you also keep healing from the rage debuff. Alternatively, firing sp2 for the unstoppable also gives quick opening so you dont take the 4 blocked hits always. You can 4 hit, block, after first hit immediately respond.

One thing is not to give him space. What the AI does if you corner is hit into the block 4 times, pushing you back and then dashing back and fires sp2. So, as soon as he dashes prepare to evade sp2. Then wait for unstoppable to expire. I soloed him with R2 unduped KP. Got him to sub 15% 3 times and died due to bad evades. But, very possible. Hope that helps.

The majority of people are not endgame players, but I remember people crying about act 6 and they nerfed it, now people complain content is too easy.

So act 6 was too hard, they nerf. Now SOP is too easy and people want it to be harder? Then they cry nerf
    But people who are saying act 6 is too hard are different than the people who are saying SoP is too easy. Different people have different opinions this is not new.

The difference, is that if act 6 is too hard you can come back when you’re more progressed and then enjoy it. But with summer of pain, it’s one and done.

So you take your average Cav, and your 1% end gamer.

Act 6, the end game is challenged by it and enjoys it there and then. The Cav waits until they’re progressed and then they enjoy it.

SoP, the Cav is challenged by it and enjoys it there and then, but the end gamer just does it, feels like their challenge didn’t live up to the hype and is disappointed.

So in the first scenario, you tick the box for both players. They can both enjoy it, but with the second, you only please the Cav player. So why is that fair?

The issue is that when the first type of content comes out, people complain and have a toxic attitude that if they can’t complete it there and then, it’s too hard and should be nerfed.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

But people who are saying act 6 is too hard are different than the people who are saying SoP is too easy. Different people have different opinions this is not new.

The difference, is that if act 6 is too hard you can come back when you’re more progressed and then enjoy it. But with summer of pain, it’s one and done.

So you take your average Cav, and your 1% end gamer.

Act 6, the end game is challenged by it and enjoys it there and then. The Cav waits until they’re progressed and then they enjoy it.

SoP, the Cav is challenged by it and enjoys it there and then, but the end gamer just does it, feels like their challenge didn’t live up to the hype and is disappointed.

So in the first scenario, you tick the box for both players. They can both enjoy it, but with the second, you only please the Cav player. So why is that fair?

The issue is that when the first type of content comes out, people complain and have a toxic attitude that if they can’t complete it there and then, it’s too hard and should be nerfed.
    I agree with your last point. Kabam needs to stick to their guns and say, this is the content, deal with it. Either you skill your way out or you pay/unit your way out. Don't listen to complains and immediately reduce the difficulty of content. It just creates a bad impression overall and just means no one is getting better and settle for mediocrity. I want aspirational permanent content. Last time I had that was act 6.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    DrZola said:

Reference said:

Dr. Zola
    The fight style is pretty similar to SOP Mister Sinister, bait heavy/hold block/evade SPs, my health loss is mainly due to block damage. I have been cornered few times during the fight but thanks to backdraft intercept it’s still ok. I heard that some players used Sentinel instead to reduce block damage. In short it is pretty fun fight with Kingpin and I think I underrated him before.

Edit: forget to mention I used 5 hit combo.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

loads of fun

2* with one of the small attack health and champ boosts. Took a few tries but it’s cheesy easy once he gets like eight prowess. Just double medium or use MLM combos then full combo to get enough power for a special 1
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    No one's mentioned her, but if you're good with Nebula she can shut down all Abilities with Charges. Just don't Parry or you'll lose them.

No one's mentioned her, but if you're good with Nebula she can shut down all Abilities with Charges. Just don't Parry or you'll lose them.

If you’re wanting a 600 hit fight sure :D

No sp3 means no damage at all

Actually I've tested it, and it's pretty straightforward. Less stressful than dealing with the Abilities. No worse than a 2* Ronin. Lol.
    I have a 6* Nebs though. Lol.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    i went in with sentinel and just blocked the whole fight. had 40% health remaining. not exactly pain

Actually I've tested it, and it's pretty straightforward. Less stressful than dealing with the Abilities. No worse than a 2* Ronin. Lol.
    Yeah after you said that I took my 6* Nebs into the fight and after 90 hits I’d done 15% of his health. That’s on track for 600 hits.

I also found with the iffy parrying and dexing we have now it’s quite easy to accidentally parry.

Honestly, I found it more stressful doing a potentially 10 min fight with no abilities, massive block damage, no willpower healing, and only basic attack damage.

Yeah after you said that I took my 6* Nebs into the fight and after 90 hits I’d done 15% of his health. That’s on track for 600 hits.

I also found with the iffy parrying and dexing we have now it’s quite easy to accidentally parry.

Honestly, I found it more stressful doing a potentially 10 min fight with no abilities, massive block damage, no willpower healing, and only basic attack damage.
    If that's the best option someone has, it helps.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

If that's the best option someone has, it helps.
    I don’t know. Ronan is in the basic pool as a two star and the resources for taking a two star to rank 3 aren’t that hard to come by, and those simple boosts with a rank 3 2* star would be easier than a 600 hit fight with nebula
    About half the hits actually. I'm just throwing out ideas. Sue me. Lol
    Terra said:

About half the hits actually. I'm just throwing out ideas. Sue me. Lol

Why do you end 70% of your comments with "lol"? I don't see the humour in it.
    Most people use "lol" to denote laughter.
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 191 ★★
    I used Dormammu with a revive for the XL. Magik with a revive for shield. 4* Ronan one shot for the Metal point.

Dorm’s pillow hands are a problem but he can power control pretty well. It’s an option if anyone is struggling and has him as an option
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I used to find some comments kinda weird, even mindblowing. But they make sense now if you consider it as an effort to manipulate kbm. It also makes it easier to understand why some people get absolutely mad furious when kbm goes larger player base friendly. Like when they put out content that lots of people can access and enjoy.

I have no idea if there are people here on the forums thinking this or attempting this. What I can say with 100% certainty is that it is a waste of time. Kabam doesn't design difficulty around forum complaints. They are aware of such complaints, but they are always noted within the context of the game data they possess on how well the playerbase is dealing with the content. If the data doesn't back up the narrative, the narrative won't convince anyone of anything.