**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood’s buff

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Awesome! Glad they brougth back the bullets
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

So they combined the old and new hood
    Nice

That’s they way I’m looking at it
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,348 ★★★★★
    At least fate seal is back on sp2 with the new mechanics from previous buff but do hate the bullets just hope this time nothing is bugged with his abilities like last time
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★

I’m glad fate seal is back, doesn’t look like the bullet mechanic and miss ability reducing every time you use it is for me. But I’m really, really glad fate seal is back.

I’m looking forward to testing it out, and I’ll make up my mind after using him - but I’m not the biggest fan of the bullets running out, and I preferred the miss before where it was more useful against projectile attacks, now it’s not as good.

Maybe I’ll enjoy the miss intercept playstyle more though.

With the mole man synergy he gains 3 bullets when knocking the opponent down. So you could maybe spam heavy to stockpile 42 bullets before you start getting into things.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    No big nerf threads going on yet, so that's encouraging. I'll test him out once the buff goes live.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

I’m glad fate seal is back, doesn’t look like the bullet mechanic and miss ability reducing every time you use it is for me. But I’m really, really glad fate seal is back.

I’m looking forward to testing it out, and I’ll make up my mind after using him - but I’m not the biggest fan of the bullets running out, and I preferred the miss before where it was more useful against projectile attacks, now it’s not as good.

With the mole man synergy he gains 3 bullets when knocking the opponent down. So you could maybe spam heavy to stockpile 42 bullets before you start getting into things.
    That's actually a great synergy. That makes his buff really solid on paper atleast in terms of damage. Hopefully we get the actual buff instead of it's bugged version.

Edit: Still don't like the stagger duration decrease but the fate seal should cover that up in theory. Power steal has definitely been nerfed though.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

I liked the old miss but the current one will allow for easy openings without blocking or parrying. One of the things I enjoy with the miss is fighting Yondu or other champs with non-contact mediums, it's like Ghosting except way safer and with no skill cap.
    I personally don't like the change to the power steal being limited to mediums as rng can ruin you. With old one you have the safety of 5 hits to trigger power steal and prevent sp3.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

Really, something like that should be on his base kit in my opinion. I’m looking forward to testing though!
    Also by adding fate seal in sp2 , in many buffs match up, lauch sp2 and you could reload tons of bullets because each time he nullify a Buff, he gains 2 bullets, that actually slove the lack of bullet problem. So it's not bad as ppl thought the same with pre-buff Diablo.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

The bullet mechanic feels too similar to old Diablo for my liking. It’s not as bad, but it has me very worried.

At the same time, I think he’s only ever going to get used in matchups with buffs. His buff very much reminds me of Sym supreme to be honest. Not much of a lane clearer.

I think I would still have preferred the old invisibility to be bumped to 100% on projectiles. The new invisibility has its uses but I think the projectile miss would actually have interacted really well with the bullet mechanic, and given him another niche to be used in.

I also really don’t like the decrease stagger duration. It’s reliable sure, but it was already a very high chance before, and the increased chance isn’t worth the 33% duration decrease in my opinion. The 5 second stagger has a much higher chance of falling off during a special

And that’s not even mentioning the power steal change, which I’m not a fan of either. It’s traded some of its usefulness to be a power gain mechanic, probably so you can spam SP2’s more often. But I think I preferred the previous version

However, the addition of the date seal is massive, and will make him much better than he was when he was originally buffed.

As the owner of a 6* Hood, I’m not sure I’ll be ranking him. Mainly because I run suicides, and I’m not sure how he’ll handle them. Selfishly I wouldn’t have minded a value bump on the regen. But I also don’t know if I’ll be ranking him because it feels like he was built to take high buff matchups. But as far as I’m concerned, has actually gotten slightly worse in controlling those matchups in favour of higher damage

Don’t get me wrong, hood needed more damage, and I think that will lead to him seeing more use. But when I’m looking at this buff and considering whether I would rank him, I see less reason now to rank him than I did before. Because damage, while somewhat important to me, doesn’t make up for the fact that what I would maybe have ranked him up for before, he’s now slightly worse at.

I don’t know, maybe I expected too much. I guess I just hoped that in 5 months we would have seen more of the flaws I originally saw in his new kit fixed, rather than just a fate seal slapped back on

The worst part for me is that I had him ranked up as a 6* prior to him ever being buffed, and knowing Kabam they won't offer RDTs or such and I'll be stuck with a champ that I will now never use outside of arena.
    I mean, I still think he’ll be usable, I can definitely see potential for him to have massive DPS in high buff matchups. But if you do find yourself not using him, then yeah, that sucks. I do hope it’s better than you expect though, for your sanity’s sake
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I can't really tell without messing with him personally. Only thing I can say is that I will likely never enjoy the Diablo-like... well, now Hood-like, limited charge system.

What I would've rather seen is increased damage (burst during Invisibility, likely, similar to Falcon), a combination of the 2-miss and 90% projectile miss system, and some 'good' regen -- even if some damage was sacrificed to make it happen. Teensy Regen is just a hindrance that can set off nodes and abilities; better off not having it.