**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summ(on)er Event Infographics: Camp/Resort Milestones, Canteen Store and Free vs Paid options

edited July 2021 in General Discussion

This event is overly complicated and I apologize for all the clutter but there is just…so much.

Here’s the most important things to remember:

• ⁠CLAIM YOUR SUNGLASSES FROM THE SOLO OBJECTIVE EVERY DAY. If you do not claim them before the next objective begins (10 am PDT) you will miss out on a point
• ⁠If you are Cavalier, don’t spend any extra tokens on the first four canteen items. Buy only one of each item.

I’ve been seeing a lot of confusion over FTP vs Pass vs Pass Plus so I tried to break that down the best I could. They also added additional IAP in the form of the Event Booster today which will be available every Wednesday. If you are on vacation for a week or something, this is a handy way to catch up. Personally I don’t recommend buying it every week just for the additional shards if you’re a Pass Holder, but you do with your money as you wish.

Please let me know if you have questions, I’ll attempt to help to the best of my knowledge.

Google Drive download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-7VTcvg2TcEk7CV7uxXkeJfG7y1lUC4N

Comments

• Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    Insightful as always Cat_Murdock, amazing!
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Excellent work as usual Cat thank you !!
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    This is awesome!

And wow I may have to get the pass just to collect all the profile pics, they're so neat
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    So just to clarify I am Cavalier and a f2p player. So I have to buy each item once only to reach the final 5 star generic AG, correct @Cat_Murdock ?
  • LordPSN said:

So just to clarify I am Cavalier and a f2p player. So I have to buy each item once only to reach the final 5 star generic AG, correct @Cat_Murdock ?

If you are FTP Cav you will only get as far as the first 14 items, so the random Class awakening gem
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100
    Hi Cat Murdock, the difference between the resort pass and the resort pass plus are only the shards that you will get at the end of the event plus the extra 7 days? If so, do you recommend buying only the resort pass now that kabam has granted grace days?
  • YimiGotay said:

Hi Cat Murdock, the difference between the resort pass and the resort pass plus are only the shards that you will get at the end of the event plus the extra 7 days? If so, do you recommend buying only the resort pass now that kabam has granted grace days?

Yeah that’s about it. Personally, I don’t think Pass Plus is worth getting over the $15 version, since it’s basically like 700 6* shards for $5 which is super minimal. I think it’s better to get the regular Pass, and then if you need to upgrade later on because you missed a week because of vacation of something, that’s pretty easily available.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★

LordPSN said:

If you are FTP Cav you will only get as far as the first 14 items, so the random Class awakening gem
    But as per your image, the AG looks like generic. Please confirm.
  • LordPSN said:

LordPSN said:

But as per your image, the AG looks like generic. Please confirm.
    Anything that is rainbow is random class. Anything grey is generic, same as in game.

• YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100

YimiGotay said:

Yeah that’s about it. Personally, I don’t think Pass Plus is worth getting over the $15 version, since it’s basically like 700 6* shards for $5 which is super minimal. I think it’s better to get the regular Pass, and then if you need to upgrade later on because you missed a week because of vacation of something, that’s pretty easily available.
    Thank you, I am only interested in buying the whole store and completing all the milestones, so far I have only lost one day
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Thank you so much
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

This is awesome!

And wow I may have to get the pass just to collect all the profile pics, they're so neat

I was being mad at Kabam earlier because I really like that shield umbrella pic but I spent 500 units on a pfp instead of content so I'll be damned if I change it EVER.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a picture of a thousand words worth?

Does the value increase?
    If so is it Additive, multiplicative, other?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the breakdown, Cat.
  • Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 156 ★★
    Your infographics are just brilliant. Thank you!
  • edited July 2021

If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a picture of a thousand words worth?

Does the value increase?

Either subjective or objective.
    Is it affected by diminishing returns and challenger rating?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Does the value increase?

Either subjective or objective.
    Is it affected by diminishing returns and challenger rating?
    Just a reference from a controversial thread. Please don't mind me😇

Btw Thanks for the info.
    And as I've bookmarked it, getting all the notifications lol.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Misunderstood something. Ignore this comment
  • Doctor_MDoctor_M Posts: 54
    @Cat_Murdock Correct me if I'm wrong, don't we get 3 x "awakening tokens" with the pass? Total of 6 instead of 5?
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Out of curiosity how long did it take to make this infographic? Awesome work.
  • Doctor_M said:

@Cat_Murdock Correct me if I'm wrong, don't we get 3 x "awakening tokens" with the pass? Total of 6 instead of 5?

Which icon are you looking at? You get 2 Awakening tokens for free, and 4 total if paid. Are you talking about the Blue ones? Sig tokens are the ones you get five of, and there’s only five items in store to spend them on.
  • JuggerNot said:

Out of curiosity how long did it take to make this infographic? Awesome work.

13 hours for all three…
  • SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★
    I was really struggling to wrap my head around this one, until now. This is awesome! Thanks.