**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    How you gonna have a Shield tag challenge and not have Shield in the tags search?
    Scratch that. Forgot about the periods 🤦‍♂️
  • xdethsquadxxdethsquadx Posts: 50
    Plz respond as to why Ronan, who is XL/Villain/and Metal doesn't give 2 pts or any points? Will this be fixed?
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Plz respond as to why Ronan, who is XL/Villain/and Metal doesn't give 2 pts or any points? Will this be fixed?

He's L so you're only missing the metal objective, which does appear bugged
  • Frosty said:

Just ran through this new fight with Ronan.
    He is a metal champ I didn't get objective from completing it.
    Ran it twice and restarted. No points

The team is looking into this right now. Once we have a fix, we'll let everyone know.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

But think about this - some players DONT want to explore Act 6 (because it's trash) to get straight resources for rank up. And totally a lot of players dont want to go to Abyss (but could), because it's not enjoyable, it's time consuming and basically it's just a competition of your amount of units and revives/potions, there are NO SKILL for that content, only dumb zerg-rush with meat-champs that consume your time (and, by the way, there is real life too).

So when someone tell that luck is not a point to become TB cause if you need it you are not a TB-level player... So... Really?

Yes, really.

On day one, you needed to be one of three things to become thronebreaker. A) Very lucky with sparse resources. B) Very active doing all the end game content and/or high alliance stuff. C) Spending.

One of those required no luck: be one of the top end game players in the game. If you were not one of the very top end game players in the game, your chances of becoming a day one Thronebreaker were low, but that's to be expected. It is day one of the release of the top progress tier in the game. Of course it is going to be hard on the players who are not one of the top tier players in the game.

Today, you don't need any of that. You can get there from just grinding conventional resources: catalysts and selectors in other non-end game content. There has been enough T5C flowing into the game since Thronebreaker was released that anyone just doing stuff would be able to get there. No Act 6 exploration, no Abyss.

So yeah, on day one players had a point with regard to luck, but the problem was no one should have had the expectation they could become TB on day one unless they were one of the very top players in the game anyway. Today, you're not going to find more than a tiny fraction of TB players having sympathy for the people complaining about being luck-deprived, because there's just so much rank up resources available today you don't even need to do end game content to reach the current end game title.

Incidentally, I'm a day one Thronebreaker and I did not explore Act 6 or do any paths of the Abyss to get there. And while there was some (very miniscle) luck involved, it was mostly a skill-based path to TB. It is just that the skill I used was different than the skills most people used. I used strategic game management. It is what happens when you plop a multidecade MMO player into MCOC. I was preparing for Thronebreaker years before Thronebreaker arrived, because the writing was clearly on the wall.

How did I do that? Well, first I completed Act 6. I figured that when Act 7 came out, I needed to be ready to jump into it. Exploration wasn't necessary, but completion was. Second, I figured a solid 6* champion roster was going to be important. So I went after all the 6* shards I could get. Whenever there was an option: shards or something else, I *always* took shards. I also focused my arena grinding on getting as many 6* shards as possible. And I also specifically analyzed 6* featured crystals looking for opportunities when the odds of getting usable champs was higher per cost relative to the basic crystal. Not god-tier. Usable. By the time TB launched, I had over 60 6* champs. I had at least decent rank up options in every class. And third, I let random chance populate my T5C fragments, and which ever one ended up the highest by random chance was the one I dumped all selectors into, regardless of rank up options. I wasn't picky about the first one. I calculated that having whole cats at all was more important to the future than which ones they were initially. And that bet paid off.

Luck could have made my options worse. But luck couldn't have made it impossible for me to become TB. I might have missed day one, but it was inevitable that I would have been very soon after launch.

Luck is a part of the game just like rain is a part of the weather. But that doesn't mean smart people can't invest in umbrellas.
  • Frosty said:

Just ran through this new fight with Ronan.
    He is a metal champ I didn't get objective from completing it.
    Ran it twice and restarted. No points

The team is looking into this right now. Once we have a fix, we'll let everyone know.
    The team implemented a fix for this and it should be working correctly now. We're working on getting the Objective awarded to those who would have completed them before the fix went live, though this may take a few days.
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    When it’s all finished will we be able to claim rewards a tier at a time?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Dmc1990 said:

Peak milestones only award the highest milestone you achieve. Summer of Pain milestones are like AQ peak milestone rewards. You get one, when the entire AQ week (or in this case, Summer of Pain event) is finished.
  • Dmc1990Dmc1990 Posts: 40
    DNA3000 said:

Dmc1990 said:

Peak milestones only award the highest milestone you achieve. Summer of Pain milestones are like AQ peak milestone rewards. You get one, when the entire AQ week (or in this case, Summer of Pain event) is finished.
    Haha thanks i thought you got them all, makes sense but also dammit….
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Why is summer of pain showing a 41 day timer on 7/21/21?.. Started in june 16.. it was going to last 9 weeks... We are on week 6...
  • Blake338Blake338 Posts: 1
    Tengo una duda o no se si sea un problema , resulta que en la semana 6 acabo de acabar la misión me dieron los puntos pero los premios no han subido , cabe aclarar Que solo llevo 4 puntos lo cual ya debería estar en el puesto donde ganó el Nexus de 6* y sigo en 15k de 6*
  • XmaxinaXmaxina Posts: 3
    Is there going to be a redo of last weeks? I know some people who didn't complete last weeks objectives because they thought they'd have two weeks like the week before. They're now stressed on missing out on rank 4 materials at the end.
    Note: - I actually completed it all but I certainly get their logic as I nearly didn't because surely kabam will extend it until say the parry bug is fixed.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    This week:
    Mojo / Magik / Ronan / Stealthy all pretty good.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Xmaxina said:

Is there going to be a redo of last weeks? I know some people who didn't complete last weeks objectives because they thought they'd have two weeks like the week before. They're now stressed on missing out on rank 4 materials at the end.
    Note: - I actually completed it all but I certainly get their logic as I nearly didn't because surely kabam will extend it until say the parry bug is fixed.

There’s a timer on the quest.

Tbh, no idea why people leave 0 energy, time limited quest to the last minute.
  • XmaxinaXmaxina Posts: 3
    xNig said:

Xmaxina said:

Ordinarilly i'd agree, but with the parry bug and the week extension last time. Kabam really didn't communicate what would be happening and the SOP costs revives quite possibly so better to leave it till after they fix the parry bug...
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Xmaxina said:

xNig said:

Xmaxina said:

Ordinarilly i'd agree, but with the parry bug and the week extension last time. Kabam really didn't communicate what would be happening and the SOP costs revives quite possibly so better to leave it till after they fix the parry bug...
    Kabam announced last week the extension of week 4, they did NOT announce an extension on week 5...
    Why does people automatically assume that everything is just going to work in their own favor it baffles me.
    Same thing happened with people missing days in the resort... Same thing happened with peoole complaining about the resort as opposed as the calendar. This weird sense of entitlement to rewards is annoying af.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Xmaxina said:

xNig said:

Xmaxina said:

But the defender this week has limber, which means limited parries anyway.

Thing is, the parry issue that occurred affected some people who haven’t done SoP because it happened mid week iirc. However, for the last week, it affected everyone so I guess it’s pretty fair for all.

Anyway, it’s not like the fight was very very hard. If people are only reliant on parry + combo, then I guess SoP might not be for them, skill wise? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,356 ★★★★★

Since I completed Act 6 in 2020 and till spring 2021 I was not able to become TB player. Why? Because luck in this game - beneficial factor, want you admit or not. My 6* roster in December was already 30 champs, and worth ranking up was just Torch. ONE. ONE CHAMPION. Or, my bad, i was just not worthy enough to get normal 6* champ and luck is not a point?

You were being too selective. Thronebreaker rewards are sufficient that you should have ranked a useable champ, not a deserving one.

I speak as the proud owner of a R3 (Unawakened) Mephisto.

Useable. Not great. Totally worth it.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    4r3 sig 99 ronan against the adaptoid, cheesy!
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    <
    xNig said:

Xmaxina said:

xNig said:

Xmaxina said:

But the defender this week has limber, which means limited parries anyway.

Thing is, the parry issue that occurred affected some people who haven’t done SoP because it happened mid week iirc. However, for the last week, it affected everyone so I guess it’s pretty fair for all.

Anyway, it’s not like the fight was very very hard. If people are only reliant on parry + combo, then I guess SoP might not be for them, skill wise? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    You do know the bug is not just parry for a lot of people whereas some don’t see any effects at all?

There’s no fair in that situation.

For me it is parry which is easy to get around but mainly dex and then recovery times meaning sporadically it’s impossible to punish heavies, specials, standup intercept, wall intercept, sidestep and backdraft even with lights.

It would be safe to assume there are those having a worse time than myself with it and it’s also fair to say the bug disproportionally affects those with weaker rosters as the fights are longer so more chance for something to happen and less chance to just soak up what does without dying.

• DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Can someone explain the point distribution. It says 3 more weeks and the final week. From 3 more weeks cavaliers can get to their 9 point milestone and TB can get to their last 27 point milestone. So why the need of the final week if players will already get their respective milestones??
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Can someone explain the point distribution. It says 3 more weeks and the final week. From 3 more weeks cavaliers can get to their 9 point milestone and TB can get to their last 27 point milestone. So why the need of the final week if players will already get their respective milestones??

The final 2 weeks as they explained in mail in game is all 9 bosses plus 1 more end boss and as they came out and said last night this will be a different set of rewards
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,286 ★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

The final 2 weeks as they explained in mail in game is all 9 bosses plus 1 more end boss and as they came out and said last night this will be a different set of rewards

Where is this mentioned? On a video or a forum post?