**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My issue with Summer of Pain

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

just wait for last week challenge. kabam will probs put all 9 bosses back, give them GM-like abilities where u have to complete missions, add some ridic nodes, and fury-like second life and put time limit on the fight - that hopefully will satisfy the endgame players - fingers crossed tho 😖

you really are missing the point
    i recently did O canada challenge and even though there was no way to do it itemless, i enjoyed it. reason being it was a challnege to see how much damage i could do wihtin the time limit
    the first 3 weeks for me were fun and hard. especially mysterio. the latter three weeks are absolute jokes. the strategy for both darkhawk and adaptoid is to do four hit and block
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I feel the 'pain' should've come from the Objectives. The only way to make these fights more than a roster check is to force a playstyle that challenges certain skillsets.

Well, not the only way, but you run the risk of making them 'unit-grab' fights if you do it more conventionally.

The players were allowed to outgrow peak content, leaving only (the limited) variable content as a challenge. It was a big Whoops by Kabam. Only thing we can do is wait for the gap to shrink. Or for more variable content. Content that hopefully (personally speaking) isn't team-based.

It sucks, yeah, but a company has to think profit first. They screwed up, but you can see that they're trying to remedy the situation. Hell, the SoP being Cav-capable might be part of the solution, as the rewards will probably create a lot of new TB -- just in time to save up for Black Friday.

What sort of objectives would you introduce to make there more “pain”

I feel the 'pain' should've come from the Objectives. The only way to make these fights more than a roster check is to force a playstyle that challenges certain skillsets.

Well, not the only way, but you run the risk of making them 'unit-grab' fights if you do it more conventionally.

The players were allowed to outgrow peak content, leaving only (the limited) variable content as a challenge. It was a big Whoops by Kabam. Only thing we can do is wait for the gap to shrink. Or for more variable content. Content that hopefully (personally speaking) isn't team-based.

It sucks, yeah, but a company has to think profit first. They screwed up, but you can see that they're trying to remedy the situation. Hell, the SoP being Cav-capable might be part of the solution, as the rewards will probably create a lot of new TB -- just in time to save up for Black Friday.

do only blocket hits, do less than so and so hits. do less than x parries. do less than x dashes. stuff that don't change the fight or counter but just the way you play

do only blocket hits, do less than so and so hits. do less than x parries. do less than x dashes. stuff that don't change the fight or counter but just the way you play
    Yeah that’s exactly what I had in mind, I mentioned it here in the SoP main thread

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/269480/summer-of-pain-updated-june-16-14-00-pt/p12

I’m not sure where that link will take you, but my suggestion then Miike’s response is below, apparently they’d never considered it but he was going to mention it to the team and see if the functionality exists. So maybe something we could see in future!

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

just wait for last week challenge. kabam will probs put all 9 bosses back, give them GM-like abilities where u have to complete missions, add some ridic nodes, and fury-like second life and put time limit on the fight - that hopefully will satisfy the endgame players - fingers crossed tho 😖

you really are missing the point
    am I? isnt that challenging enough? or do you have any other suggestions?
    This is literally a thread full of suggestions. I suggest you read it.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★

Yeah that’s exactly what I had in mind, I mentioned it here in the SoP main thread

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/269480/summer-of-pain-updated-june-16-14-00-pt/p12

I’m not sure where that link will take you, but my suggestion then Miike’s response is below, apparently they’d never considered it but he was going to mention it to the team and see if the functionality exists. So maybe something we could see in future!

I do like this idea. They have the tech to track what we do in-fight via objectives and daily events, we’ve seen that in objectives that track dexes and parries, and we’ve seen events that track what finishing blow we land.

Some form of the tech exists, but I’m sure it would need to be fine tuned for creating limits as opposed to simply measuring. I’d be very interested in this kind of thing.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    theham said:

Also remember that Maze rewards were relatively poor for the time, yet many endgamers still loved it.

And notice how SOP rewards are relatively so much better but the content's not as well liked. Just shows how content matters more than rewards.

I'm fully behind the devs banning champs based on year and designing content around that.

What do you mean? SOP is liked by majority of the people. I am not sure where you are getting this people hate SOP from. :/
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    theham said:

Pulyaman said:

theham said:

Also remember that Maze rewards were relatively poor for the time, yet many endgamers still loved it.

And notice how SOP rewards are relatively so much better but the content's not as well liked. Just shows how content matters more than rewards.

I'm fully behind the devs banning champs based on year and designing content around that.

What do you mean? SOP is liked by majority of the people. I am not sure where you are getting this people hate SOP from. :/
    How does "not as well liked" equal hate?
    Ok, Where do you get this "not liked" part from? As far a I see, majority like it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    hard agree op 😎
  • Onurre2Onurre2 Posts: 173 ★★
    So what did you expect? You want to use 20 revives every single fight? Just use 2 stars and have your hard content :wink: This content is fun, requires you to have specific champions and also have them ranked up if you want the solo, I mean getting a solo in a fight doesn't mean it's not hard. I prefer the hard earned solo than a 20 revive fight. I got vodoo 2 years ago as a 5 star and never even used him a single time. Thanks to this content I used my 'hard earned' champion soo I think the content and the rewards are awesome in every way.
    Onurre2 said:

So what did you expect? You want to use 20 revives every single fight? Just use 2 stars and have your hard content :wink: This content is fun, requires you to have specific champions and also have them ranked up if you want the solo, I mean getting a solo in a fight doesn't mean it's not hard. I prefer the hard earned solo than a 20 revive fight. I got vodoo 2 years ago as a 5 star and never even used him a single time. Thanks to this content I used my 'hard earned' champion soo I think the content and the rewards are awesome in every way.

I don’t want to use 20 revives every fight. That wouldn’t be fun, I’d like a challenging fight that I didn’t go into and solo the first or second time without much thought into it.

I’m not sure if you’re joking about using a 2*, but I’ve explained many times why that does not make content harder. It’s just more punishing.

I like having to think about a fight, go into it and try for a good 30 mins to absolutely nail it to be able to get it down.

That’s fair if you like this sort of content, but luckily this is a sort of game that can ( or should be able to) provide content for everyone.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Probably they should have made Summer of Pain limited to one entry per player per day for the week (so 7 tries basicaly). That would have been VERY painful.

You either beat it with the champ you brought in on that day or wait until tomorrow to try a different counter. People would probably use more revives trying to beat it that way and it would have been extremely painful w/o perfect cpounters.

The main reason it has been so easy for most is the unlimited number of entries to get to the fight - you can practice dozens of times to get it right. And with everyone and their mom doing such and collaborating it was never goin to be difficult in this format. The rewards are worth a few revives each fight if needed.

That cannot be done with marathon content like Abyss or Gauntlet... imagine needing to practice the Cyclops fight in Abyss and how many other marathon fights it would take to reach there with different counters.

Just to be clear I am okay with how it is currently, but to those disappointed may i suggest to kabam they do it my way next time :D
    Bugmat78 said:

Probably they should have made Summer of Pain limited to one entry per player per day for the week (so 7 tries basicaly). That would have been VERY painful.

You either beat it with the champ you brought in on that day or wait until tomorrow to try a different counter. People would probably use more revives trying to beat it that way and it would have been extremely painful w/o perfect cpounters.

The main reason it has been so easy for most is the unlimited number of entries to get to the fight - you can practice dozens of times to get it right. And with everyone and their mom doing such and collaborating it was never goin to be difficult in this format. The rewards are worth a few revives each fight if needed.

That cannot be done with marathon content like Abyss or Gauntlet... imagine needing to practice the Cyclops fight in Abyss and how many other marathon fights it would take to reach there with different counters.

Just to be clear I am okay with how it is currently, but to those disappointed may i suggest to kabam they do it my way next time :D

That isn’t fun, nor is it what we have been asking for

Chrisco66 said:

I think Kabam have done well so far with SOP. As far as those end game whiny whales gotta realize not everything is always about u

Ok, but what exactly is about me? Not asking for everything, but what is one thing?

More specifically, when was the last time there was some genuinely challenging content that didn’t feel overhyped? I’ll give you a hint, most end game players will tell you (with no hint of a whine) that it was the Abyss, act 6 or the Maze. One of them was 18 months ago, one was 16 months ago and one was 2 and a half years ago.

So how rare does end game content get before it’s actually ok to ask what about me? The way you say not everything is always about you implies that I am swimming with hard, challenging content that I feel is aimed at me. But when you take a look at the content being offered to me, well, it’s just not matching your narrative.
    How about gauntlet ??
    Onurre2 said:

Chrisco66 said:

I think Kabam have done well so far with SOP. As far as those end game whiny whales gotta realize not everything is always about u

Ok, but what exactly is about me? Not asking for everything, but what is one thing?

More specifically, when was the last time there was some genuinely challenging content that didn’t feel overhyped? I’ll give you a hint, most end game players will tell you (with no hint of a whine) that it was the Abyss, act 6 or the Maze. One of them was 18 months ago, one was 16 months ago and one was 2 and a half years ago.

So how rare does end game content get before it’s actually ok to ask what about me? The way you say not everything is always about you implies that I am swimming with hard, challenging content that I feel is aimed at me. But when you take a look at the content being offered to me, well, it’s just not matching your narrative.
    How about gauntlet ??
    Ah, so because it’s 4 events in 2 and a half years is that ok now? One event for end game players every 7 and a half months sounds good doesn’t it. And it sounds even better when the rest of the player base gets a variant every few months, or 7.1 or 7.2 every few months, Cav EQ each month, champion challenges and boss rushes.

But you’d argue that that’s fine, because End game players get 4 pieces of content in 2 and a half years.

I’m not arguing that every piece of content should be aimed at end game players, but a little more than once every 7 and a half months would be appreciated.
    edited July 2021

Onurre2 said:

Chrisco66 said:

How about gauntlet ??
    Ah, so because it’s 4 events in 2 and a half years is that ok now? One event for end game players every 7 and a half months sounds good doesn’t it. And it sounds even better when the rest of the player base gets a variant every few months, or 7.1 or 7.2 every few months, Cav EQ each month, champion challenges and boss rushes.

But you’d argue that that’s fine, because End game players get 4 pieces of content in 2 and a half years.

I’m not arguing that every piece of content should be aimed at end game players, but a little more than once every 7 and a half months would be appreciated.
    ALL THOSE THINGS ARE ALSO FOR ENDGAME PLAYERS AS WELL DUUUUDE, COME OOON. Monthly eq only for beginners wth... variants only for beginners are you drunk? 7.1 and 7.2 .... I will not say anything anymore to you my endgame bro. I'm an endgame player aswell and I enjoy every content every month. They are for everyone......... Also carina challanges as well so stop whining now please you look bad.
This discussion has been closed.