**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I become Throne Breaker right now???

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I currently have a t5 Mutant Catalyst fully formed. However my best option for a Mutant is Cable (I currently do not have 4* or above Apocalypse).
I am also like 600 fragments away from forming a t5 Skill catalyst. I have better options here (BWDO, Masacre).
Should I r3 my 6 star Cable right now and become thronebreaker or wait and hope I get skill fragments from one of my 2% t5 class fragment crystals from the side eq objectives?

The only reason I am asking is that if I dont have an Apoc, I would rather r3 a skill champ and wait for a better mutant option

Should I become Throne Breaker right now??? 69 votes

r3 CABLE right now!!! (even though I dont have APOC)
31%
CazyuwReferenceMalreck04Wozzy101StevieManWonderCorkscrewPepporoniBrHunter67360SkyLord7000odishika123MasterzxProThanks_D19PZXCCXZTostig32KablChaosMax1012BuggyDClownUnitmanDraconic_12 22 votes
Wait until I fully form a skill t5 catalyst (600 fragments away) and r3 BWDO / MASACRE
52%
DNA3000DrZolaJadedzuffyRustyWarPsychoakumaF4k3_GaM3rSungjDarkrider05MenkentUnsilentFurious_Fighter1Wicket329AdvGoddessIliasCr7ms7rs7Wine_LoverKill_GreyBen550pOGAvenger 36 votes
Wait until I get a better mutant champ and r3 them instead of CABLE
15%
playinggameletEtjamaMobile_P0tat0KRANꓘRenaxqqLpooScrubhanHemanth123manikantamarino123Thundercleeseㅤㅤㅤ 11 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Wait until I fully form a skill t5 catalyst (600 fragments away) and r3 BWDO / MASACRE
    you have no idea when you’ll pull a useable apocalypse. On one hand, it could be this week. On the other, it could be two years

Wait for those 600 skill cats and take up someone who isn’t dependent on another champion to be good
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    IMO if you can do this sop fight and the objectives (and assuming you get the objectives after turning TB) you should do it.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,134 ★★★★★
    I am plan to r3 bwdo. She is fun champ to play.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    edited July 2021

IMO if you can do this sop fight and the objectives (and assuming you get the objectives after turning TB) you should do it.

So far I could pretty easily do all the SOP fights. Im gonna probably get at least 7 points to get a 6 star Nexus and two 25% selectors and pick tech for both of them. Then I can r3 my 6 star Ghost. So I will become thronebreaker in a month guaranteed, but I can become thronebreaker a lot earlier if I r3 a mutant and maybe a skill champ
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    I have always loved masacre so I’m gonna say wait to r3 him. Absolute god tier champ
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

So far I could pretty easily do all the SOP fights. Im gonna probably get at least 7 points to get a 6 star Nexus and two 25% selectors and pick tech for both of them. Then I can r3 my 6 star Ghost. So I will become thronebreaker in a month guaranteed, but I can become thronebreaker a lot earlier if I r3 a mutant and maybe a skill champ
    I personally am not certain how the objectives work if you become Thronebreaker in the middle of Summer of Pain, but it is reasonable to assume that if you become Thronebreaker now, you will at least get the objectives for the last three weeks. If so, and if you believe you can do them, I would rank up now for Thronebreaker.

As a Cavalier, your maximum milestone is M6 with 9 points. That's I believe a Nexus and three 25% selectors. If you become TB now your maximum points possible rises to at least 18 (assuming you get all three TB objectives for each of the last three weeks). That gets you to at least Milestone 8 (15 points) which increases your T5CC to two full selectors. You'd instantly be getting back the T5C you use to become Thronebreaker, and have one more besides. If you were going to put all the selectors into tech anyway, that's a full tech T5CC you can just grab on top of the other selector that replaces the T5CC you burn to become TB.

In my opinion, if you believe this is within your ability to do, I would go for it. You're basically losing nothing.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Bwdo
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    PS: My original vote was just for the rank up option: I generally recommend people rank up what they want to play. The Summer of Pain Thronebreaker objectives change the equation significantly if you can and are willing to do them, because the reward difference is substantial.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Definitely do it now solely for SOP. You can save that skill cat for whoever. Or try pushing content like exploring CAV EQ. Tough call but you’ll get your moneys worth back from SOP
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Masacre will get a lot done for you
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I feel like people have forgotten a bit how bad cable is without the apocalypse synergy. He was mediocre when he was release in 2017. It's 2021 and without apoc he's borderline un-useable in high level content. You'll get infinitely more value waiting a few weeks and upgrading massacre or BWDO than upgrading cable and not using him until you pull apoc which could be literally not happen for years
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    I would suggest going for TB now. While you can get access to the TB objectives and know you have the roster to do them... because we don't know what else is coming.

Once you unlock TB, you get access to the T5CC in the glory store. Getting subsequent R3s is much easier, because not only do you get the T5CC, the cost of everything else goes down. You get consistent drops of everything else as well from the daily crystals.

FYI. As soon as you get TB, the current SOP objectives will drop. I got TB on an alt account, unlocked week 4 and week 5 objectives on the last day of week 5 and ran through them all to get up to date.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    If you are skilled enough and have good roster do it. Cuz last 3 weeks if you are able to complete all objectives in SOP as TB you will get 2 t5cc . And that's a big win win