**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

True Focus

2»

Comments

• RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    also RIP the new Hood buff, he could have been fun to use in AW with his miss mechanic, especially since he pairs nicely with MoleGod who also counters a bunch in AW.

Not the Hero…

M.O.D.O.K., Mole Man, Mysterio, Mojo
    Villain Champions: +3% Health & Attack Rating

The Hood: Knocking the opponent down loads 3 bullets

STRENGTHS:
    Miss
    With Hood’s update he has his Miss more consistently, use this to deal with some hard to dodge Special Attacks and find more openings on your opponents.

THE HOOD’S MECHANICS
    The Hood’s new kit makes him the Mystical master of Miss! His new Hex Pistols mechanic gives him a totally new avenue to damage, and an upgrade to his Miss lets you reliably deal with Special Attacks if used correctly. More damage and more reliable utility has Hood shining in a whole new light.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-the-hood/
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Why does everyone act like quake/ghost are the only two used for boss island?

Granted the true focus messes with other options. There are so many other counters. I have a 6*r3 max sig ghost and never bring her to war.

So people can use ghost/quake on most fights leading up to boss island. 🤷‍♂️
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Or, maybe, use more of the other 200 champs that are in game I stead of one or two?

I hate true focus, not because it counters ghost or quake, but I would love to use my Mr Negative everywhere I can, and so far he's been countered by true focus on a few SoP fights and now boss island. He's just got to R3 as well!
    I understand that however there are still 200+ champs. The majority of which are useful now thanks to ongoing buffs. Kabam has made it clear they want us to use them all and not just a handful lol.
    Yeah but if Ghost and Quake are too powerful just counter them then, don't drag Elsa, Negative, Surfer, Tigra, Prof X, Spider Gwen, Starky down with them too. They're like the school kids who get a class detention even though they didn't do anything and a couple of other kids stole a pencil case or something.

I'm not arguing that I should use quake and ghost everywhere, but if this is the precedent going forward to stop quake and ghost steamrolling, then it's just sad that it counters several of my favourite champions. I'm about to R3 SpiderGwen, but having slight second thoughts, because what if content usually has this true focus node on it? How useful is she gonna be if anytime there's unblockable specials she won't be able to evade.

I've just R3d Mr Negative and thrown 120 sigs into him, am I gonna get the full worth out of it because kabam think Quake is too powerful, why should Negative get countered because Kabam can't work out a way to stop quake and ghost without countering a bunch of other champs too?
    I’m with you on that, they just need to give ghost and quake a #Legend tag and just make a node that says all champs aside from #legends suffer 90% reduced attacked
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I hate the node, but not because it counters quake and ghost.

But because it screws my guy stryfe over. Fortunately he’s still playable and rampable if I spam heavy, but it’s no where near as fun or quick.

I hope kabam counter quake and ghost in a different way, that doesn’t punish other champs who benefit a lot from miss and evade. Lazy design.

You make a good point here. The way Kabam did on Ghost/Quake just lead to collateral damage on a lot of good champs where players invested a lot of resources. It is not put all eggs in one basket, but your baskets all being cut a big holes now.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    I've just now realized the node was added on every sub boss around the boss spot ...

I thought it was only going to be added to the boss fight like they said it would. This really is a lazy design after all
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    PhilipE said:

you know you can use other champs in your roster

You’re normally wrong but honestly this is spot on. It’s hilarious seeing all the ghost bots who can’t play any other character sweating over this 😭😭😭
    U wanna see my she hulk solo on abyss thing or u gonna make random assertions that u have no clue about?

https://youtu.be/icIDoJjlJhQ
    I’d rather make random assertions
  • That’s just an initiative to gain money you know ? All people that can play Their champions perfectly in a simplified way (Quake or ghost in AW on a lot of annoying defenders stuff) you need to spend a lot less units. Then you have to take more risks on hard stuff and why not will spend units to heal and resurrect and centrepiece why not MONEEEYYY HAN OUI!

Why do you have to die a maximum ? Why make things so much harder? Why do tou have to take damage when you can use champs that take any? Hm? What the interest ? It help an alliance or another ? No. There is the same cards in both hands. You’re so sweet to think that’z for us.. That’s just a way to make dollars, euros, yen, huen etc. Touché. With love.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Everyone saying they should bring out a node to counter only ghost and quake. The same thing will be done to the next champs that will pick up the meta from them. Remember pre 12.0 Thor. This cycle never ends . In my own opinion just let ghost and quake be, people will still complete content even though this two champs stop to exist.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

you know you can use other champs in your roster

sure but some people want to use other champions, and some of those champions just can't be used cause Kabam needed to counter Ghost and Quake. I agree they need to do it, but it's just sad it's almost impossible to do without ruining other really cool options.
    I dont know if you've been playing long enough but do you remember the very first event quests? You had character gates. You couldn't go onto that path unless you had og spidey or og widow. They could do the opposite of that. Character ban gates.
    What if I want to use my future buffed 6* rank4 omega titan tier beyond god Antman and wanna take ghost synergy to help out a little.🤔🤔
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★

Never put all your eggs into one basket.

Why? I only have one basket, its super cushioned fluffy cozy basket for all my eggs.