**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it just me or is there a real shortage of t4 class catalysts?

2»

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,137 ★★★★★

The fact you mentioned 5*s for arena rings even more true with me. I have 16/191 5*s left to get to R3 that are still sitting at R2. I've probably spent more money over the last year on t4cc offers than t5cc/t5b/etc... Pretty ridiculous

I’m hav over 120 tier4 cc crystal in stashed. So not a issue for me. I’m also do’s not rank op that’s much that’s Ben the gold problem for me we all or at different place in the game
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    There’s usually a shortage of something. I’m low on T4c, T5b and T2a after a pair of R3 and a R2 upgrade, all during Level Up and Trial of TB solo events. Add in a quick rankup of Mojo outside of Level Up and my inventory and stash look like the grocery shelves of a Cold War era Soviet satellite nation.

Would be awesome if next month was a massive restock kind of event.

Dr. Zola
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★

The fact you mentioned 5*s for arena rings even more true with me. I have 16/191 5*s left to get to R3 that are still sitting at R2. I've probably spent more money over the last year on t4cc offers than t5cc/t5b/etc... Pretty ridiculous

Yeah well i have a huge 6* roster. Nearly 170 6* and i still find myself having to spread resources to keep my arena competitive. So even though i dont need to rank any for content i have to keep ranking for arena and i simply dont have the t4cc or sometimes t4b to spread across what i need
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I’m short of skill T4cc as I r5 two 5* recently, all others are either overflow or over 15 in inventory. So I open 20 T4cc crystals and the result are: 5 Mystic / 4 Science / 4 Cosmic / 3 Mutant / 3 Tech and …….. 1 Skill.

See.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Maybe you shouldn’t be taking that many 5* to r3…
    Maybe people shouldn't have cried so much about the basic arena milestones and I wouldn't need to bc my 6*s wouldn't be worthless there now
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Maybe you shouldn’t be taking that many 5* to r3…
    Maybe people shouldn't have cried so much about the basic arena milestones and I wouldn't need to bc my 6*s wouldn't be worthless there now
    Don’t look at me on that one, they shouldn’t have done that imo either. But having/wanting 191 r3+ 5* is why you’re short on t4cc.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    walkerdog said:

There are periodic shortages in upgrade materials that they phase out of rewards as you advance, but continue to require you to use to rank up champs.

At points you'll likely get frustrated with T4B, T4CC, and T1A.

T2A, T5B, and T5CC are rare so u expect them to come up short at times, but its irritating when you cant get the basic stuff.

The cost and the small amount of t4cc availabile in the glory store is one of my biggest issues with it. Can buy 10 t4b relatively cheaply but only 5 t4cc for 2k glory and there's still a good chance you won't even get one of the classes you're looking for
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    The fact that 4* all the to 6* r3 require t4cc is a bit silly but it is what it is.

The fact that 4* all the to 6* r3 require t4cc is a bit silly but it is what it is.

Yes, a bit over stretched. 6* don’t need t4cc at all. Not that they’ll change the recipe now. The only time we have seen them change the recipe is for rank 4-5 5* before we had T5bc released in the game.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I've always felt the rank-up requirements were mired in meta-gone-passed.

I'd say the Glory store would be the easiest way to manage this, but that puts solo-players even further in the ran. Solo-players have money too, so I'd like to see a system where solo-players can earn up to around 4k Glory/wk (TB-level) -- no Crystals, no Rank Rewards, just Glory.

Welp. Random, well-disliked opinions inbound:

-- Remove t1a from the game, lol. No, seriously. It's run its course as a cash-catalyst, and the amount needed, inventory limit, and glory cost are all just ridiculous. All to hold back what? 5r3s? Yeah, a tad outdated.

-- Reduce cat bottlenecks. Ideally, the newer cats should be the ones you're looking forward to getting. One rare-cat (ex. t5cc), and no more than two bottlecats (ex. t5b, t2a) per progression level. This would require a rather drastic change in reward structure, but TB getting hung up on t4cc and t4b is just ridiculous. I think it'd help game-health overall, given how easier 'less' is to balance.

-- Speaking of t4cc, make 3-for-1 t4cc selectors. Maybe restrict it to Cav, and lower the cost to 2 for TB. Games that care about players tend to have pity systems. Safety nets. They help the company too, as bad luck is a prime contributor to burnout.

-- Sell more **** at reasonable unit prices. MCoC needs more unit sinks. Kinda desperately, from my PoV. Don't wanna get rid of t1a? Fine, sell it at 5 units per cat, roughly 25 units per rankup. Sounds small, but it adds up over 200 useless rankups. ISO? Ye boi, gimme those ISO selectors; I'll spend units to save Gold if the price is right. Hell, sell me the Gold too! Hahaha.

Not just rank up stuff either. I bought those dang potion and energy deals even though I didn't need them, which has forced me to be less lazy about progression. Bravo, Kabam. 5head play. Keep it up.

-- and much, much more! But I think I earned enough negative opinions of me for now. Also a few of those 'mcoc is a resource management game' posts -- always a good laugh, those.

If you read this all the way through, why tho? I mean yeah I'm
    sorry, but holy heck you're an odd one for sure.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    It's why I get excited when we have side quests that allow us to do multiple difficulty levels. I love all the 6* shards I'm getting this month, but last month when I could also hit Heroic and Master to get some of the lower tier stuff, I was pumped.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I finally pulled 5* Doom and 6* Claire and don't have any Mystic T4CC for some reason, but have 21 Science, 16 Mutant, and 12 Cosmic. They need more selector opportunities. I have 65 T4CC crystals I could open but then that's just putting more Science T4CC into overflow. I feel pressured to take up more Science right now, but Mystic is what I WANT to take up. Haha
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'm overflowing.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

only in my mutant class, and I can’t open anything else for fear of stuff going into overflow

Mustant is full for me
    But cosmic....
    my main problem is I have full tech catalysts but only buffed Ultron I want to rank up
    and full mystic (this could be fixed though but I’m saving them for a certain America Chavez)
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    I’ve been thinking this a lot lately. Yes, a huge one. I have all other materials but can’t really rank anyone.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Lots more crystals opened recently, which causes for more rank ups. Leads to shortage in about every resource really.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    It's just you. They need more T3A and T6BC and T5CC
    Gmonkey said:

Jaded said:

Tons of T4cc in the crystal vault as well as map crystals.

I see you are newly throne breaker. When you have 20+ r3 we can talk. Top 20aq I buy 5 t4cc every aq.

This is my overflow I just ranked up champs today.

Newly TB? I was tb from day 1. You’ve proved nothing more then you are playing at a higher rank of AQ then you should be. You’re unable to manage your resources, I’d suggest going to a map that will give you more t4cc then.