**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Human Torch or Spider-Gwen for Rank 5?

FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So far I only have Mojo, BWCV, and VtD at rank 5. I'm Cavalier. HT is incredible for mystics but is sort of niche, whereas Spider-Gwen seems to have broader utility. Neither are awakened but I'm swimming in gems so it's not an issue if one of them needs it.

Human Torch or Spider-Gwen for Rank 5? 61 votes

Human Torch
88%
zuffyAlex13369thanks4playingpseudosaneyuwAdvJuggerNotIKONChadpool1Amazing_Demon05Billie90Kill_GreyKaratemike415EtjamaMobile_P0tat0Hera1d_of_Ga1actusEwell65SSS69AATTBerjibsTheSaith 54 votes
Spider-Gwen
11%
MegaSkater67CassyDeaconSquirrelguywalkerdogT_StrickerErik001 7 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,808 Guardian
    edited July 2021
    Human Torch
    Id do HT just because he is in meta and needed for abyss. He is incredibly useful for energy based matchups. Spidergwen is awesome but you will be using HT a lot more in wars and so forth.
    That said, both are good champs. Venom synergy makes SG even better.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    SlumpGod said:

Torch is not niche. Definitely not more niche than spider Gwen. She’s great but doesn’t hold a *candle* to torch.

Isn't he basically only good against Mystics and energy-based matchups? Whereas Spider-Gwen can deal with evade and unstoppable, evade unblockable specials, and enervate can help with power control?

I feel dumb for even making this post because I main Torch anyway so he seems like the obvious choice, but I basically only bring him out for Mystics and I feel like I really need a decent Slow champ.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    Both are used for very different reasons. Human torch excels in what he does however.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    Spider gwen is good but outshined by she hulk often times
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    I don't have him myself, but just the sheer number of times he has nuked me down because I thought "well, at least my champ isn't a mystic so I should be good" has me convinced that he has a broader use than Spider-Gwen. I really like her but HT seems to shine against every energy-damage opponent as long as he can incinerate them. That's a much larger list of characters than just mystics.
  • Chadpool1Chadpool1 Posts: 348
    Human Torch
    He melts mystics. Gwen is better since buff but not in torches level. Doesn’t need awakened either. Just gives you a Chance to get preflight ability back. Just save it for a tough fight or boss.
  • SnuggzySnuggzy Posts: 244 ★★
    Human Torch
    Torch, without doubt. The guy smokes anything mystic (pun totally intended).
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    Human Torch
    Human Torch. Probably a bit biased as he was my first 6 star and helped me burn through a lot of content.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Human Torch
    sorry but this isn’t even a question. HT and spider gwen have very different utilities but torch still takes the cake by absolute miles. he’s almost a necessity for abyss and he definitely works outside of the mystic class. any energy damage matchups? sorted. even non energy non mystic fights he can deal with so well and hes also a good war champion thanks to his immunities and nuking ability. if you are swimming in gems i’m going to say something unpopular here and say he’s worth awakening. whilst you can’t really rely on his sig it is still very nice to be able to gain his pre-fight back mid quest, especially if you’re using him for multiple fights in long quests (later stages of act 5 or 6 for example)
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Spider-Gwen
    Is torch the more popular answer, definitely. Are they both great and will carry you far? Also definitely. I just like bucking the trend, but you’ve got some great options my man.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I'd definitely do both because of just how different they are both in Utility and Damage, like many of these Forum Polls it's a matter of Who First.
    SpiderGwen is an Absolute Beast and one of my Favorites, but Human Torch is just So Dominating that he should definitely be Ranked First. Except for one thing, have you completed Variant 5 yet? If not SpiderGwen and that Team you mentioned can Easily 100% Variant 5 which would then give you the Resources to Rank 5 Human Torch immediately after.