**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker opinions on SOP?

Stark154667Stark154667 Posts: 1,151 ★★★★
Hey, so I’ve seen a lot of differing views and thought it might be helpful for Kabam when collating information for future “pain” for endgame players’ interests and needs.

Throne Breaker opinions on SOP? 129 votes

It is too easy but very rewarding
37%
danielmathBitterSteelMegaSkater67xNigIl_CuocoLvernon15Pwf57Monk1SceptilemaniacWarlord5386CupidmanveertherealTheLegend27IKONSnakepRockypantherxItsDamienStevieManWonderEtjamaAngryneeson52 48 votes
It is too easy and not rewarding enough
0%
It is too hard and not rewarding
1%
Foxhero007Surfinwalrus 2 votes
It is hard but the rewards are worth it
11%
zuffyCharbelCirnesUghzyEthans8279CassyHalleyAdvMoosetiptronicRaichu626InestruKRANꓘMauledKen1378HelpingProfessorG 15 votes
Perfect difficulty and rewarding
46%
GarryDKRetroRocksJadedAzKicker316Noodes_Delta_14fmussapCazcur53dOdachiQuikPik16wegnerkHammerbro_64AanthoHilldaryuwReferenceLiquidkoldScopeotoe987JMORG1111 60 votes
Perfect difficulty but in need of more rewards
3%
Dontsellthemodishika123Masaraksh1Haptichorizon 4 votes

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Currently Cav
    Done all fights
    It can get me TB so I ain't complaining
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Oof
    Meant to click the 5th option
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I fully expected to have to drop some revives in this event weekly.

Instead it's turned into "how many tries do I need to get the solo" self competition. I'm not looking for content like that.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    The Maze was the best example for such a challenge, at the time it was released.

You had 5 slots but 8 fights (iirc) to get through, so you had to mix and match the 2 sections then decide on who you could bring to handle all of the defenders from your roster, then play really well because those fights were very punishing.

I fully explored it with some item usage but it was so painful and fun doing so.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    It's okay . Not too easy not too hard.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

The issue with polls like this is people vote regardless of whether they're thronebreaker or not. I wonder how many people responding to this poll will actually be thronebreaker. First profile I randomly checked who had voted I saw said their prestige was 7000 in a post a few months ago.

It really throws doubt on conclusions that could be drawn from the poll, as non-TB players are more likely to think it's hard

…. And then

@odishika123 please don’t take this in a way that I’m having a go, but this is exactly what I mean. People vote without being the target of polls, and you meant to vote for the perfect difficulty. So it gives the impression that TBs want this difficulty, when Cavs and below are voting and changing that perception.

No worries mate lol, just trying to make sure things are representative and feedback is clear.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Piece of cake for anyone who's gone to the darkest depths of act 6.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    I don’t mind the level of difficulty, just feel that it was advertised to be much harder than it is. I didn’t original expect to finish all the milestones, now I fully expect to.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Can't say about easy aspect!
    Sure it is not like what was advertised and I kept myself away by just reading the announcement, that this content is not for me.
    Now sitting at 15 points and will try to go as high as possible.
    Till now, I have spent 7 revives (3 alone on Rogue),1 on Mysterio,1 on Symbioid(during shield objective) and 2 on Darkhawk while using Warlock.
    The great part about this event that you can try as many times as possible and this game is all about practice and understanding of the mechanics.
    If I calculate right,I did more than 30 attempts average on per fight.
    I am saying average as with some champs objective, it was really easy and with some champs, it took me more than 40 attempts, on champs like Rogue,Darkhawk(using Warlock) and Dr. Voodoo against Symbioid.

If we get No Retreat Champion or Grandmaster unlimited practice(I love this thing about SOP),these fights will be easy too.
    Still! this is my perspective currently on my personal game progression(working on 7.2 exploration). Can't say it will change in future or not!
    My experience below on each fight:-
    1. Rogue - Taught me to use She-Hulk.This fight took too many attempts.

2. Sinister - Was parrying projectiles earlier but was fun fight using G299(still restarted many times).I guess many people played it without turning off dex and not using shock immune champ.This was really tricky fight.

3. Mysterio - I was lucky enough to have Ibom,Did it after many tries, but one tip was helpful from forum that we can hit him in his reflection phase due to 90 percent damage reduction.

4. Darkhawk - Earlier I had used dex parry method few times but this was great experience using Warlock.

5. Venom - Straight fight as I have good experience against Venom.
    Soloed him each time after couple tries using G299,Venom and Stealthy.

6. Symbioid - Used Ronan cheese for metal objective,Kingpin(my favourite skill champ for XL and Villain) and....
    Shield tag objective was annoying as I had Nick and Voodoo were only options and both were on low rank.Took Voodoo to rank 5 and constantly used Sp2 with odd combo.This took too many attempts to pull off and finally managed to do it using 1 revive(also thanks to Munash solo video).

• Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    It’s definitely a tad easy right now but: 1. it is supposed to get more difficult each week, 2. we’ve still got Emma Frost yet to come, and 3. that last week with all the bosses is gonna be REAL REAL hard. And the rewards are awesome.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Okay, my two cents is that it’s not what it was hyped up to be, I enjoy a challenge (solo Darkhawk SOP with my Roblin rather than mags etc) I think the objectives were a good idea but… maybe could have been designed to pose more of a challenge, like beat a magneto boss with a metal or something like that. I have done all and enjoyed theory crafting but would enjoy content that can’t be 2* ronan cheesed 😂. That said all the rewards are amazing! Thanks for sharing your thoughts folks.

I'm not bothered about ronan cheese, I don't think it makes stuff too easy because I tend not to use it. If it helps some players get the fight down and get some rewards then that's cool for them. I'd much rather challenge myself and try to figure out a way to do it without ronan. But I suppose if I hit a dead end, it's there as a backup.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Events like this are almost essential if you take your time through content but still keep near end-game. I don't always have time to commit to all the content - I still haven't set foot in 7.2 but with 7 6*r3 I've been able to skip out chunks of the game without feeling like I'm falling behind and long may it continue.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Another endless debate.

Content is too easy for some, perfect for others. Who knew?
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    The only thing that can really redeem the difficulty is the supposed insane final week. And the objectives along with it.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    As a newly-minted TB, this event really hit the sweet spot for me personally. These have been some of the most challenging fights I've ever come across, while perfectly manageable at the same time. I by no means breeze through it like late-TBers seem to do - I usually need a full day or so of retries to either get a solo or use a couple of revives - but it was by no means as bad as I thought it was going to be.

That isn't a negative for me personally since I've been able to beat more bosses and compete for higher milestone rewards than I anticipated, but I fully realize that people who were excited for the challenge that was promised are feeling less-than-happy with the event so far.

As I said in an earlier post, I think the TB title has gotten very crowded in the last year. You have those who got it immediately when the option to r3 6*s initially became available, and you have me who became TB last month, and a lot of people in-between those two extremes. All of these various groups have different needs and I think that even "TB content" needs to accommodate them all to some extent.

However, I do think that the event could have scaled better challenge-wise. There really is no need for someone at my skill level to be able to one-shot fights this far into the event. I'm a good player, but I'm not "100% done with the Abyss" good. I'm nowhere near the skill ceiling of this game and I think this event could have used some extra spice to make it enough of a challenge for those players who are. Hopefully the last few fights ramp things up significantly.