**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does my profile look different to other people?

thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 151
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered before. I've noticed that when I took at my own profile, my top 4 champions are not in the same order as when someone else looks at my profile in-game. I've tried figuring out myself why this is, and my guess is that it has to do with signature levels more than overall PI, but even so, it's sort of baffling. Is there an official reason as to why this would be the case? It seems to happen with nearly everybody: as an example, I asked a friend to screenshot their own profile, and then compared it to a screenshot I took of their profile, and again, what I saw and what he saw where different. The numbers are the same, but the order (and often, the top champ) are different.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    pi vs prestige (wrong topic my bad)
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    You see your top 4 champs based on PI, others see your top 4 based on prestige
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    It’s some weird prestige thing. Made me realize to never use your top champ as a pp because another champ make take that spot with higher prestige
  • thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 151
    ItsDamien said:

Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered before. I've noticed that when I took at my own profile, my top 4 champions are not in the same order as when someone else looks at my profile in-game. I've tried figuring out myself why this is, and my guess is that it has to do with signature levels more than overall PI, but even so, it's sort of baffling. Is there an official reason as to why this would be the case? It seems to happen with nearly everybody.

When you look at your profile it shows your highest PI champs. When others look at your profile they see your highest prestige champs.
    This might be a silly question, but why does Kabam present it differently like this?
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★

Ackbar67 said:

Actually that's not true. When you see someone's profile you don't see the base prestige of his top 4 champs. You see his top 4 prestige champs with the PI increase from the masteries.
    You can check it for yourself. There are thousands of profiles with champs over 14K (which is the highest prestige champ atm).
    When you visit your own profile you just see your top 4 PI mastery enhanced champs. When you visit another profile you see his top 4 prestige champs with the PI increase from the masteries, just like I said before.

(Or in other words:
    In your own profile: top 4 PI champs with masteries and then you 'see' them
    When you visit another profile: top 4 prestige champs, you 'see' them and then they add the masteries)

Fascinating, that's an excellent point. I would venture to guess the reason is something similar, maybe it's asynchronously fetching the mastery data or something like that. Regardless, that completely disproves how I always understood it
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    What is the difference between PI and prestige?
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,487 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

What is the difference between PI and prestige?

Prestige is hero rating before masteries, PI is hero rating after masteries