**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Participants Dropping Like Flies

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
As an officer of my alliance, it's just getting more and more difficult to put together full battlegroups. More and more members are just turned off with the state of War and now even more so. I try to motivate but you guys aren't giving me much to work with Kabam.

We've gone down to 1 battlegroup and even that is getting sketchy now. We're in a constant state of recruitment to fill War lol

What is everyone else's experience like?

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    I’ve switched to a bronze 3 alliance because of the parry issues, not even participating in most content atm until it’s fixed.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I’ve switched to a bronze 3 alliance because of the parry issues, not even participating in most content atm until it’s fixed.

let's hope it does

My alliance is exactly the same. After all the terrible changes my interest in it has gone, my officers are burnt out and I'm not pushing my guys to play war until kabam sort themselves out.

indeed mate
  • JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    Very true

I try not to do war in the off-season. There is no interest or incentive for me to do otherwise.

Depends where u at. We use it as practice to test out new stuff while also taking it fairly chill. All wins so far which is quite a good amount of 6* shards in total and loyalty which i always want more of
    agreed. those are the only reasons we've done off season war. getting practice on new changes and loyalty. but it's a challenge more so than ever these days to motivate.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    With war season rewards buffed you can get something good even with silver 1 so no reason to drop wars completely. We are playing at tier 6 now, no stress nice rewards and I find it great balance for veteran players.

• Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    We're having the same problem currently. Granted, it is offseason, in which we only run 1 BG as opposed to 2 in season, when AW is required for members of those BGs. But it is very common for us officers to have to beg on Line for people to join with 2 hours left for placement during the offseason currently. Getting people active in AQ is chore now, as well.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that part of the issue goes back to the removal of linked nodes in both modes. That really encouraged both communication and joining promptly. Ever since then, we've seen these issues, especially with newer players that aren't accustomed to working in an organized alliance.
  • ELECTRo0704ELECTRo0704 Posts: 7
    edited July 2021
    Same with me. I just don't care about wars, haven't played wars since last 6 months or more....infact I'm playing without any alliance since then.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    xNig said:

Mauled said:

xNig said:

And the neutering of other champs due to true focus..

The neutering of the one champ that completely ignores the bug. I’ll go grab my tinfoil hat, brb
    Ghost and Quake war “nerf” is justified though. But the others… not so.

Just hoping Kabam introduced it in another way that avoided having unintended champs being collateral damage.
    I’ll put aside my annoyance for the AW side of the argument and kind of agree but it does amuse me that the one/two champs that don’t need to parry and could make AW semi viable with the bug are the champs that they nerfed into the ground on the mini island.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    No one liked AW, and now no one can play AW anyway. Plus, the off-season is always worthless. Why lock away 8 champs constantly just to get like 200 5* shards per day? Nah, I'm fine without.

As the leader of my alliance, I try to lead by example when the season's on despite absolutely hating AW, but in the off-season...? I just can't be bothered.

I do see the same thing happening in AQ, though, and we previously did really well there and had very high participation. But this bug just came and nuked our progress there. That annoys me. We've been compensated well enough that we haven't lost the material gains we would have had, but I don't enjoy having to rebuild what we had going for us before this whole fiasco. I worked really hard to get us there and were finally were...and now we're not anymore.