**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do 5-Star Champions matter anymore?

I've seen recently that people are saying that 5-Star Champions are "worthless" or "they don't matter anymore" or "5-Stars are the past, don't rank them" which I'm going to say seems wrong.
And if we want to talk about this topic to it's full length we need to include all areas of the game.

- Arena
- Alliance Quest
- Alliance War
- Story Questing
- Variant Content
- Event and Side Quests
- Prestige
-

Arena:
In Arena you obviously want both your 6-Star Champions and 5-Star Champions to get as many points as possible so both 5-Star and 6-Star Champions are wanted and needed in Arena

Alliance Quest:
Alliance Quest isn't very tricky, so having your 5-Star Champions in Alliance Quest is great if you have other content that you want to use your 6-Star Champions on.

Alliance War:
In high tier war, 6-Star Champions on defense is the way to win. So having 5-Star Champions to back your Alliance War Attack Team is great.

Story Questing: 5-Star Champions can be used everywhere in Story Questing and are great for act 5, 6 and what we have seen so far of act 7. But using 6-Star Champions isn't a bad thing to do.

Variant Content: It's much easier to get 5-Star Champions than it is to get 6-Star Champions and it's easier to rank the 5-Stars up. Having more variety in the 5-Stars is good for picking your team for Variant Content where you need very specific Champions. But having the right 6-Star Champion is no problem at all!

Event and Side Quest: This is the same story as the..well Story Content. 5-Star Champions are perfect for the Event Quest but 6-Star Champions are better but not a NEED. This goes the same for the Side Quest.

Prestige: This is the only section that I'm going to say that 5-Stars don't belong here. 6-Star Champions are the ones that will make your prestige make a difference, or make your prestige matter at least.

So there we have it! Unless you are in a position where prestige matters, 5-Star Champions are perfectly fine and not outlived.. yet.
There will be a time where 5-Star's don't matter anymore and that is what I call "The Seven Deadly Sins of a Seven Star Champion".. but that is for another post.

Let me know if you agree!

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I don't think 5*s are useless but with Act 7 it really feels like Kabam is pushing for 6* use which is why I personally feel that I lean more toward ranking up them. Yeah, I could rank up a 5* but I could also rank up a 6* and get a hefty fury boost (I think it is, right? It's past midnight so I'm too tired to check in-game) in Act 7.

Ranking up 6*s is also a lot easier and hassle-free. You need so many mid-tier resources to take up 5*s and I just kind of feel....meh. Unless the game really showers me with t4b (which it has begun to, admittedly) and t1a (which it decidedly does not), I'll focus my resources on my 6* roster first.

However, my 6* roster is much smaller than my 5* one, so there are still a lot more really great 5* champions to rank up ahead of my mid-tier 6*s.
  • UnitmanUnitman Posts: 235 ★★
    fury damage boost in book 2 for 6*'s. As more people have multiple r3's, lower ranked champs can fall by the wayside.
    kaboom is pushing the game in that direction - plus if you spend you can sig 200 a 6*. I've got the stones to take ghost to sig 140 but I don't have the stones (balls) to actually use em.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Not to me anymore. They're like 4 stars were a few years ago. Used them occasionally but I have moved on to 6*s now.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    5* are still viable for 99.9% of the game. I'm happy with my 28 r5s but I need few more at r5 for leisure and fill the roster holes.

At this stage I'm too afraid to put resources on 5*... The iso requires massive hoarding capabilities, bit thrifty to use t4b and t4c.

I'm sure in future I'll take up specific 5*s when the game demands it.
    With ranking many 6* to r2/r3, I'm low on t5bs at present, now saving them for 6*s.

And tbh I think I have enough 5* to do my bidding and I won't mind a couple more.
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★

Until you 100% cleared variants, act 6 and have I'd say a minimum of 40 6 star champs this idea is just stupid. A r5 sig 200 trumps a r3 sig even 100 6 star omega Red.....there are other instances where I'd rather have a r5 5 star than wait 2 years to just awaken a champ to level 20. If you are getting 3-4 6 stars a month or have 50-100 of them then yes you dont want to use 5 stars obviously.....but even then even the highest level players still use 5 stars for specific content because they are the best option and they don't have them as a 6 star.....also....the hands down best champ in the game????? Is a 5 star champ. The game is years away from 5r5 star champs (aka a r2 6 star) being useless.. I hate seeing people say they re useless lol. If that's the case you have beat the game.....why r u still here?

i completely agree!
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    They are not useless. It all depends upon the progression level of player. Only thing matters is how player see their usefulness in current and upcoming content. Till 7.2 5 stars are equally useful. It's just 6 star have better stats. Now it comes to mindset of player. A time or certain points comes when a player don't want rank 5 star beyond r3 and want to focus on 6 stars more due to prestige and upcoming content.
    For example:- I have 18 5/65 and 4 r3 6 stars with couple r2 6 stars. Pretty much all of my rank ups covers most of the ground of game tho I still lack some other things too. I won't rank up 5 star anymore unless he provides something better or unique which I don't have. Rather I will focus my resources at 6 stars. But It doesn't mean 5 stars are useless to me. My 5 stars gets equal love like 6 stars. Aq , Aw are placed where I use my r3 with 5/65 champ. And in eq 5 stars are much widely used as my 5 star roster is more good I'm utility then 6 star. IMO 5 stars are easily accessible then 6 stars and can reach full potential better than 6 stars if Sig ability comes in situation.
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★
    Also the fact that there are some good champions that are not available as 6 stars, and the 5 stars are the only way you can get them.