**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Favorite Horseman?

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Other (Please specify in the comments)
    Gambit, followed by cable.
    Don’t know how you missed them off but included stuff like havok, white mags etc
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i'd say that there are a lot of champs that are very very very good as a horseman, but personally i think that cable benefits the most from having apoc/horseman
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    My phone cliched so ignore this post.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Will3808 said:

I love how you’re missing a bunch of the best ones. Gambit is by far my favorite.

Gambit, followed by cable.
    Don’t know how you missed them off but included stuff like havok, white mags etc

With the exception of Sunspot and Professor X, all of the alternatives are the champs I have available ranked up. I have Gambit and Cable as 5r1s but no Wolvie 5*, and none of them as 6*s.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Wolverine. How is he not on the list?
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    MiStaLova said:

Wolverine 5* duped max sig plus pof x synergy

Apoc, Prof X, and Horseman Wolverine is so delicious.
  • BarryJ2BarryJ2 Posts: 32
    OG Storm, the shock damage is unbelievable.
  • Cody4prezCody4prez Posts: 17
    He might not be the "best" but unblockable stryfe? How is he not even mentioned yet?
  • lqd1lqd1 Posts: 54
    Platpool, with Odin pre-fight & spider-ham synergy
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Domino
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Gambit is a hack with horseman
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Gambit; perfect block is just so liberating.

You have to sacrifice his damage, but chip damage is a major killer in some content.

A shame I don't have an Apoc over 4* to pair with my duped 6* Gambit. Lmao, but not lmao.
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Colossus
    OG Wolverine. Incursion. DoT buffs/extension. Buff cornucopia. Nuff said.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★

OG Wolverine. Incursion. DoT buffs/extension. Buff cornucopia. Nuff said.

Says that while choosing colossus
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Surprised to see Cable not an obvious option.
    Rohit_316 said:

I mainly listed the champs I have ranked up. I'll work on taking Cable up now that I have Apocalypse, but before that he was just a dud and I never bothered. :smiley:

That being said, I thought he gained most of his Apoc benefits simply from being on the team and having that synergy. Is he also the best horseman?
    Ercarret said:

Rohit_316 said:

I mainly listed the champs I have ranked up. I'll work on taking Cable up now that I have Apocalypse, but before that he was just a dud and I never bothered. :smiley:

That being said, I thought he gained most of his Apoc benefits simply from being on the team and having that synergy. Is he also the best horseman?
    Best horseman is AA ...hands down. Wolverine is a close 2nd with Cable being in 3rd position.

Where is Gambit? Easily the most overlooked OP Horseman.

This is a list of my ranked up mutants. I don't have Gambit (or Cable or Wolverine) ranked up.

I put Sunspot on the list since he'll be my next mutant rank-up and ProfX since I'm curious if he'd be a good horseman as well given his other qualities, but after that I ran out of slots and just had to settle for a general "Other".
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Stryfe obviously.

Full unblockable is incredibly strong, plus him having the glancing and unstoppable, makes him feel even safer to play.
  • R1s02R1s02 Posts: 274 ★★
    Needed 2 fights to rampup, but horseman 4 star r4 sabretooth after that was critting for 7k at 23 furies. Got the boss by then and couldn't rampup more.
  • Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 95
    Gambit B)
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Cable. Can't believe he is not on this list.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Ercarret said:

Rohit_316 said:

Best horseman is AA ...hands down. Wolverine is a close 2nd with Cable being in 3rd position.
    How is Cable in 3rd position over Gambit? Cable gains most of his benefits from the synergy by itself. Gambit gains perfect block from being a horseman which is a whole new avenue of usage and utility while Cable gains unblockable specials and more power gain and regen despite most of his damage coming from heavies.

(I personally think Gambit is the best horseman but that's a different matter)

Rohit_316 said:

Ercarret said:

Rohit_316 said:

How is Cable in 3rd position over Gambit? Cable gains most of his benefits from the synergy by itself. Gambit gains perfect block from being a horseman which is a whole new avenue of usage and utility while Cable gains unblockable specials and more power gain and regen despite most of his damage coming from heavies.

If i need perfect block there is Sunspot who is miles better than Gambit in general.

Cable's DOT with Apoc goes extreme and is much stronger than Gambit's perfect block.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Rohit_316 said:

Ercarret said:

Rohit_316 said:

If i need perfect block there is Sunspot who is miles better than Gambit in general.

Cable's DOT with Apoc goes extreme and is much stronger than Gambit's perfect block.
    Sunspot has almost no utility, and that’s including his perfect block. Once you compare him to gambit’s perfect block, which is miles better, Sunspot really has nothing. All he has is incinerate immunity, and the ability to apply incinerate.

Gambit has power control, no passive damage back from medium, heavy and special, bleed resistance (arguably more important the incinerate, we see bleed more often), concussion on sp2, stuns on sp1, and big damage when you get lucky on crit.

He also has stuns long enough for a combo (part evade counter if the opponent can be stunned).

Sunspot has better damage than gambit, but past that, what does he really have? And if you’re looking for damage in a mutant, why would you look to sunspot over the other champs in the class? Gambit at least brings something to the table
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Rohit_316 said:

Rohit_316 said:

Ercarret said:

Rohit_316 said:

But Gambit's perfect block is easily atleast as good as Sunspot and Gambit just brings so much more than Sunspot or Cable in general. Gambit has got bleed resistance, doesn't take damage back on mediums, AAR, combat power rate and regen rate reduction which is so useful when paired with the extended stuns you get from 100% perfect block and last but not the least, massive special damage if you do decide to cash out.

Cable on the other hand gets bleed resistance from the horseman ability and has only a 15% chance to regen every time he crosses a bar of power and has an awful power gain that is again RNG based. He has the ability to reduce the duration of poisons by 20% every time it activates but considering the fact that you'll still take that damage initially and most nodes dealing poison only deal a single debuff, this is worthless and is only partly saved with 60% poison resistance from a synergy. He has true strike on sp3 which is an absolute joke since if the opponent is stun immune, well that's done and if not, you are anyways doing a parry-heavy method.

Plus how DOT comparable to a piece of amazing utility when both still have great damage.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

Rohit_316 said:

Ercarret said:

Rohit_316 said:

But Gambit's perfect block is easily atleast as good as Sunspot and Gambit just brings so much more than Sunspot or Cable in general. Gambit has got bleed resistance, doesn't take damage back on mediums, AAR, combat power rate and regen rate reduction which is so useful when paired with the extended stuns you get from 100% perfect block and last but not the least, massive special damage if you do decide to cash out.

Cable on the other hand gets bleed resistance from the horseman ability and has only a 15% chance to regen every time he crosses a bar of power and has an awful power gain that is again RNG based. He has the ability to reduce the duration of poisons by 20% every time it activates but considering the fact that you'll still take that damage initially and most nodes dealing poison only deal a single debuff, this is worthless and is only partly saved with 60% poison resistance from a synergy. He has true strike on sp3 which is an absolute joke since if the opponent is stun immune, well that's done and if not, you are anyways doing a parry-heavy method.

Plus how DOT comparable to a piece of amazing utility when both still have great damage.
    Yeah cable is probably one of the lesser horsemen, he’s awesome with the synergy though

Although if you do get a chance to try it out, go for caltrops with Horseman cable, it’s crazy. Every bleed on you inflicts a degen on the opponent, so just dash back a ton
    The main takeaway from this thread is, I guess, "Rank up that 5* Gambit, man!"

I'll have to do so alongside Cable.