**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can't use my special attacks

Sometimes, in every game mode with every champion, I keep pressing the special but it just doesn't activate in the first try (usually when I'm far from the opponent and it's not using a special attack)
What is happening?

Comments

• Hi there!

Thank you for reporting this bug! To help track down the cause of the issue, would you mind filling out this information?

Please include as much information from this template as possible with your report.

Device and Version: (Example, iPhone 7) Be sure to include make and model of the device you are playing on when experiencing the issue.

Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.” You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”

Mobile Carrier: (Example AT&T) If your device uses cellular data, please include information about your data provider.

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both?

Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store or Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. (Example, 17.1.5)

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked?

Active Boosts: Are you using any boosts when you experience this issue?

Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the problem you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. Include how often it happens (once, sometimes or always) and how long you've been experiencing the issue.

Screenshot or Video: If you are able to capture a screenshot or video that helps visually demonstrate the issue you are experiencing, please include it along with your report. More information on how to take a screenshot can be found here
  • ExpertguiExpertgui Posts: 51

Hi there!

Thank you for reporting this bug! To help track down the cause of the issue, would you mind filling out this information?

Please include as much information from this template as possible with your report.

Device and Version: (Example, iPhone 7) Be sure to include make and model of the device you are playing on when experiencing the issue.

Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.” You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”

Mobile Carrier: (Example AT&T) If your device uses cellular data, please include information about your data provider.

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both?

Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store or Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. (Example, 17.1.5)

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked?

Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the problem you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. Include how often it happens (once, sometimes or always) and how long you've been experiencing the issue.

Screenshot or Video: If you are able to capture a screenshot or video that helps visually demonstrate the issue you are experiencing, please include it along with your report. More information on how to take a screenshot can be found here

Ok Valkyrie

I'm using Asus Zenfone 5, Android 10, It happens on both WiFi and cellular data, version 32.0.0 (the most recent i guess)

The issue happened on every game mode I've tested (arenas, incursions, Alliance quest, story quest and side quest)

As i said earlier, when i try to activate the special attack, i keep pressing the sp button but it just block instead. Most of the times it happens after blocking an attack or if I'm far from the opponent. No boosts used

It happened with almost every champion i did the Block + special thing. Most notable were any champion against kingpin and professor X while spamming specials after mind control.
  • CharbelCirnesCharbelCirnes Posts: 27

Hi there!

Hi, I have been experiencing this exact problem

1. Samsung Galaxy 9
    2. Android 10
    3. Telcel
    4. With Both wifi and mobile data
    5. 32.0.0 with beta
    6. In AQ, Event Quest, Side Quest, Story quest, Arena
    7. It has happened to several champions
    8. I wasnt using buffs
    9. When im in the middle of a fight and complete the necessary energy to do one special, i Tried to click the "hexagon" of specials but my player just block withount maintaining the block causing me to lose health and some revives because of that. This happened to me today and yesterday at least 7 times.

Thanks for your attention
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64

1. Samsung Note 8, Iphone XR
    2. Android / iOS
    3. With Both wifi and mobile data
    4. long time don't remember when noticed first time 4/5 years ago (mentioned many time in this forum nand never properly fixed so I don't believe you will fix it as is beneficial for you)
    5. In AQ, Event Quest, Side Quest, Story quest, Arena
    6. It has happened to nearly every l champion I got.
    7. From last month is more annoying and often than before, usually blocking of special is related to desynchronization. Defender starting special in the middle of forth or fifth hit of my combo which is weird to see. Very often I am in situation when I sush special button after 5 hit combo and receiving special from defender and it looks like, I has raise his special.

Thanks for your attention
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Yep same here. I was trying to heavy cancel into SP2 with CGR when the opponent was stunned, but he just stood there still charging it, and I got whacked by the opponent.
  • Kaiz23Kaiz23 Posts: 10
    Same here but with Dr Doom mostly.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian

5. 32.0.0 with beta

“in BETA”.
    Other threads have mentioned this SP problem if you have the BETA installed (can’t do SP's if have the Beta version installed).
    To fix, you need to go back to released version of game (uninstall Beta app, and reinstall Released version).

(this Beta was implemented differently from other Beta's, as a separate version of game in Store, I believe. As opposed to just being able to switch between running the Beta and Release from within the same downloaded App files).
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Oh... this is a new bug? Clicking on the special button seeing the button activate but not fire the special. I've had this intermittently for ages.

But I'll throw in my details for the algorithm.

OnePlus 8 Pro
    Android 11
    Maxis
    Both Cellular and Wifi
    All Modes - occurs intermittently.
    Any champ
    Usually no boosts
    Click special button, button animates showing that a click was registered, but no special is thrown.
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★

Hi there!

d here

Same here.
    1-Iphone XR
    2-ios software version 14.6
    3-verizon
    4-cellular and wifi
    5-latest version of game
    6-all game modes
    7-all champions affected
    8-no boosts

Like others have said, the special button does not react even after pressing multiple times.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    For those NOT in Beta, and happens just intermittently, might just be because you have to wait for some opponent's full animation of an SP activation or something similar to totally finish before your own SP button becomes available to use again.

Was always a pain when I started playing and press it over and over sometimes without success.

———
    Or, just a case of intermittent lagging in the game, with server end not getting the signal that you pressed it from your end.